10+ Year Old Account

Shadowrun Returns: DragonFall Director's Cut

DragonFall came out earlier this year and just recently it was re-released as a standalone game (previously it was an expansion for Shadowrun Returns which featured the "Dead Man's Switch" campaign). I recently finished playing through it again and should be finishing up my Achievement-Run tonight or tomorrow.

On its initial release, DragonFall was a massive improvement over the original release (which was an excellent isometric RPG) that improved on nearly every negative mark I gave it. The Director's Cut further expands the game, adding in Character specific story missions, new objectives and side missions, new endings, and of course new gear. Overall the bonus missions will add in about 3-5 hours of gameplay and truly feel like they were always a part of the story and not something that was just tacked on for funsies. All new missions also feature unique music scores that are really good (my favorite being "Greed Zenith" during the Black Lodge recruitment mission). Another improvement worth mentioning is the ability to "specialize" the core squad with special upgrade and abilities after completing major core missions. These can be new attacks like a Claw/Kick combo for Glory that reduces enemy AP to a new super Sniper Rifle for Eigar, or as simple as someone carrying an extra Grenade. It adds a little bit of needed flavor for party control freaks like myself.

The new endings are really where the game impresses me though. There are a lot of options available, some I didn't even think possible until looking at the hidden achievement list and seeing how to unlock them. Some are as simple as picking different dialogue options while other require very specific actions and abilities.

Overall I absolutely LOVED DragonFall, and the Director's Cut took something amazing and made it even better. If you haven't tried this game yet, and you like Cyberpunk-style themes and/or RPG's, then pick this game up. Its a hell of a lot of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the kickstarter but never finished the game when it came out. Should give it another go at some point.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.