Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only tube/subway experience I ever had was in the Channel Tunnel. I'm not sure that even properly counts. It was 16 years ago, but I remember everyone being typical polite and hospitable Europeans (typical for what I remember at least, I don’t know how it is now), and there wasn’t anything bad about the ride in either direction.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Only experience is with the TTC in Toronto.

Love it.

Though one time I did have a panhandler whose face was smeared with what appeared to be ketchup harass some riders pretty roughly but was picked up by police at the next station.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It was mildly boring.

I've only ridden the subway in Boston though.

Although I do remember one Christmas season, a bunch of carolers brought in a tree and sang the whole way.
    I would probably kill myself if this happened. People on public transport are disgusting, they push (women are the worst for this, if someone pushes to get on as you try to get off 9 times out of 10 its a woman), they smell,they don't cover their mouths when they cough, they eat noisely/smelly food, they take up seats, they put bags on seats, they are basically scum.
    Also they are noisy,
    Last edited by TheBeardedOne; 2014-10-08 at 09:05 AM.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    I live in Belgium and I take the train everyday. I am not joking when I say that the train I ride has only been on time 4 times this year. And I drive the train about 40 times a month, out of 400 trains only 4 times it has been on time. All other times it had a delay of at least 3-4mins, of course our rail company only counts it as a delay if the delay is above 6mins.

Belgium train commuting is the worst, fucking disgrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I use the Rotterdam metro fairly regularly and that's a good service, usually on time, regular service, easy to navigate, generally clean and weirdo population seems minimal. I don't have any issues with being underground/claustrophobia, although a great deal of the Rotterdam metro is aboveground, only goes underground towards the city centre. Gets busy at rush hour but not as bad as larger cities like London.
    Also used to use the Brussels metro when I used to go to Brussels once a week for work stuff. That was a bit dirtier, a bit smellier and I needed to watch my bag more closely, but again, easy to navigate and seems regular enough.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I usually get a coach, tram or bus since trains are typically very overpriced and crowded here. I haven't run into many issues whilst travelling by train though. Most people just keep to themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    taking the subway daily, minor troubles here and there, mostly young drunk folks on weekends, nothing special
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I take the metro every so often and rarely encounter weird people, well it's the city so there's always weird people, but not many that really stand out. I've had the pleasure of riding the Paris, London and Barcelona metro. Parisian metro was pretty chill, could be because I only traveled between the inner city stations. Barcelona metro was pretty hot, 30 degrees and a crowded compartment isn't a fun combination. In the London metro there were way more weird people than elsewhere, enough to make you uncomfortable at times, but that's just my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...

Tubes in London always have odd people on them. They are also hot and stuffy, this of course is not helped by someone who stands next to you who isn't wearing deodorant.

A train that runs more or less on time, unhindered by traffic, is the only good way of travelling through cities in the rush hour. Buses and trams get you to your front door, but they are a lot slower, and are also hindered by traffic, so I prefer riding the train if I have to go far. Crazy/rude people happen, but they always pop up now and then no matter where you are. I wish the underground train would run in Oslo all night. Last one is about 00:30ish, depending on where you are and where you are going.
    Mother pus bucket!

Only one I've ever been on is New York's C train. Within 2 minutes I'd resolved to both never move to New York or ride a subway ever again. Spent $400 on cab fares over a week, worth every cent. Actually broke my resolution and rode the Q train once and it wasn't horrible. But I still knew that other train was lurking out there, somewhere. Just waiting...
    More knowledge can be gained in an hour of arguing against those who espouse your own beliefs than in a lifetime of blindly agreeing with them. -Me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecwfrk View Post
    Only one I've ever been on is New York's C train. Within 2 minutes I'd resolved to both never move to New York or ride a subway ever again. Spent $400 on cab fares over a week, worth every cent. Actually broke my resolution and rode the Q train once and it wasn't horrible. But I still knew that other train was lurking out there, somewhere. Just waiting...
    ha, you could get an annual ticket for that amount of money and ride everything whenever you want in my city
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.