Thread: [TV] The Flash!

when barrys on the phone with his mum

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I just feel like a Speed Force Ghost wouldn't be ''human'' enough to take hostages and use blackmail.
    True, I just really figured it was Garrick :-p
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Am I the only one who spent half the episode pissed off at how Barry couldn't keep his mouth shut for two seconds? He made himself look like a complete jackass. "Omg you're different! Omg you're different!"

You friggin' knew that, you jackass! Stop talking! It's better to be quiet and look a little slow than yammer on and prove it!

My issue was that he didn't take the five minutes at the police station to actually even look for the Zoom file.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    My issue was that he didn't take the five minutes at the police station to actually even look for the Zoom file.
    I'm hoping that he was doing that while Iris, Lawton and Cisco were heading to the bad guy hideout, though since he got his ass caught it's totally moot.

This last episode felt good, but the more I look back on it the more it feels like gorging on a bag of oreos. You just hate yourself afterwards.

Barry, shut up and do what you came here to do. If you had stuck to the plan instead of throwing everything to the wind the second you got a boner for Iris, then West would still be alive, the goon squad wouldn't know who you were, and you wouldn't be locked up in prison. Good job dimwit, you fucked everything BUT your alternate reality wife.

Also, the meta app only goes off when it wants to. Cisco and Barry walk into a crowded police station and not a one beeps. Barry goes to a bar and the beeping only begins when Killer Frost and Deathstorm walk in.

And I guess they decided we'll never come back to Earth 2, because Evil Cisco and Deathstorm would have been amazing returning characters. Oh well, guess who ends up dead because the big bad has to make a statement?

Basically I just want more Evil Cisco damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if Zoom doesn't want to steal Barry's speed why does he want him to get faster?
    The faster Barry gets the more speed Zoom gets when he takes it from him, if it happens that is. It's similar to how Arthas the Lich King challenged the players in WoW so they got stronger and he would have the best Undead Scourge champions at the end.

T
    his last episode felt good, but the more I look back on it the more it feels like gorging on a bag of oreos. You just hate yourself afterwards.

Barry, shut up and do what you came here to do. If you had stuck to the plan instead of throwing everything to the wind the second you got a boner for Iris, then West would still be alive, the goon squad wouldn't know who you were, and you wouldn't be locked up in prison. Good job dimwit, you fucked everything BUT your alternate reality wife.

Also, the meta app only goes off when it wants to. Cisco and Barry walk into a crowded police station and not a one beeps. Barry goes to a bar and the beeping only begins when Killer Frost and Deathstorm walk in.

And I guess they decided we'll never come back to Earth 2, because Evil Cisco and Deathstorm would have been amazing returning characters. Oh well, guess who ends up dead because the big bad has to make a statement?

Basically I just want more Evil Cisco damnit.
    It wouldn't be interesting if it was THAT easy.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-02-12 at 03:34 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I generally hate alternate universes. They just show there's no more story to tell in the main one.

How can Zoom steal speed? Eobard Thawne was your go-to Speed Force nerd and he didn't seem to be able to steal speed.

I generally hate alternate universes. They just show there's no more story to tell in the main one.
    You shouldn't be watching this show if you truly believe that, time travel and multiverse are a Flash staple.

How can Zoom steal speed? Eobard Thawne was your go-to Speed Force nerd and he didn't seem to be able to steal speed.
    Which means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    You shouldn't be watching this show if you truly believe that, time travel and multiverse are a Flash staple.

Which means absolutely nothing.
    There's no proof he can steal speed, though.

time travel and multiverse are a Flash staple.
    AFAIK Superman's also punched holes in space-time continuum but I don't expect Batman from Earth-2 to pop up during BvS.

I'm kind of confused. If Zoom wants Wells to make Barry faster so he can steal more speed from him, why does he demand that Wells get him all of Barry's speed now? Why is he holding Barry in prison where he'll never get faster contained there? It's like the writers can't stay consistent if he wants to feed from Barry now or actually wants him to get faster first.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no proof he can steal speed, though.

AFAIK Superman's also punched holes in space-time continuum but I don't expect Batman from Earth-2 to pop up during BvS.
    Isn't that Zoom's entire shtick in this continuity? Basically being a speed force vampire?

It used to be until Jay revealed Zoom didn't steal his speed.

We all thought Zoom did and he has been fattening Barry up like a pig to the slaughter, but now that it's been revealed Jay lost his speed on his own, do we really know for sure Zoom can actually steal speed?

I thought it was just revealed that it wasn't because of Zoom taking his speed that he was dying? I may have to rewatch the episode. The writing isn't always consistent on this show. Like all the parallels they seem to be setting up between the two Wells characters despite the fact that the 'Wells' we knew in season 1 was Eobard THawne wearing his skin.

Maybe Wells from Earth 1 is also someone else.

Dun dun dun.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I thought it was just revealed that it wasn't because of Zoom taking his speed that he was dying? I may have to rewatch the episode. The writing isn't always consistent on this show. Like all the parallels they seem to be setting up between the two Wells characters despite the fact that the 'Wells' we knew in season 1 was Eobard THawne wearing his skin.
    At the beginning of Episode 2 of this season, Jay didn't know what happened to his speed; when asked how he lost it, his response was, "Not entirely sure." Yet by the end of the 3rd episode, he was saying he needed to find out how Zoom stole his speed, and ever since then everyone's been assuming that's what happened. And thus everyone watching the mid-season finale was asking "Wait, if Zoom can steal speed, why does he need Harry's help? That's not really consistent." This episode, we finally got the answer, from Caitlin's mouth: "Zoom never stole your speed."

Also, the first half of the season, Zoom was throwing threats at Barry in order to speed him up. But since Zoom broke Barry's back, all of the threats Barry has faced (Grodd, Vandal Savage, Weather Wizard, Trickster, Turtle, Reverse Flash, Tar Pit) have been Earth-1 foes. At the mid-season finale, Zoom blackmails Wells into helping him steal Barry's speed. Zoom is done trying to 'fatten up' Barry; he's ready to eat now.

So it's not necessarily a matter of the writers being inconsistent. Rather, the issue is that the characters are repeatedly making assumptions based on limited knowledge, and are being proven incorrect when either they get new evidence, or find out prior evidence was false (or outright lies), or else the situation changes. All we seem to know now is that Zoom wanted Barry's speed, but he can't actually steal speed on his own (that was a lie Jay encouraged everyone to believe). Harry is the expert on the Speed Force, though, so he kidnapped Jessie to force Harry into basically being his Speed Force drug dealer. Now Harry's trying to back out of the deal, so Zoom is changing his tactics. Also, previously Zoom was individually selecting the targets he sent against Flash, as part of an overall plan to gradually speed him up. But Barry changed the game and came to Earth-2, and encountered a near-lethal group of metas. Perhaps Zoom decided keeping his little speed battery alive in a cage is what needs to happen now, lest he get himself killed before Zoom can feed.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-02-12 at 07:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    WhoA! The Flash in a box!

Disappointed he didn't take advantage of his wife.. I would have, E-2 Iris is a beast!

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Wells knows who Zoom is.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I feel like Wells created Zoom.

didnt jay say wells created zoom?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    didnt jay say wells created zoom?
    Yes, but I think it was ambiguous whether that was due to the explosion that created the other metas or whether it was deliberately done by wells. Don't recall for sure.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.