Thread: [TV] The Flash!

I think the Joe/Iris scene was really well done. I guess all those years on Law & Order taught Jesse Martin some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I find it more plausible that Zoom is Bart over Wally.
    The idea was that this episodes "if you'd been raised differently..." stuff is laying the groundwork for exploring how a Wally West from an Alternate Earth could have turned into evil Flash if raised by Iris' mother or whatever.

Of course, the same groundwork can explain a Barry whose mother wasn't killed (though it seems unlikely) and/or the Iris mother stuff could just be to explain her brother/half-brother Wally from whereever mommy went, or many other things.

Maybe Zoom is Garrick and it's all an act!

Or maybe they haven't even decided who it is yet!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The idea was that this episodes "if you'd been raised differently..." stuff is laying the groundwork for exploring how a Wally West from an Alternate Earth could have turned into evil Flash if raised by Iris' mother or whatever.

Of course, the same groundwork can explain a Barry whose mother wasn't killed (though it seems unlikely) and/or the Iris mother stuff could just be to explain her brother/half-brother Wally from whereever mommy went, or many other things.

Maybe Zoom is Garrick and it's all an act!

Or maybe they haven't even decided who it is yet!
    I think they'd have to decide by now. Not knowing would make it more difficult to develop the storyline of Season 2. It'd be cool if(But I don't think it is) it was a dark version of Barry Allen.

Probably someone we don't know yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I think we're supposed to think it's Evil Barry, so figure that's probably wrong/ misdirection.

My thinking is that it is an evil Barry but he goes by "Bart"(We saw in the legal notices that Barry's full name is Bartholomew).

So now the cold gun can freeze light? Wtf? Other than that though, pretty fun episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    So now the cold gun can freeze light? Wtf? Other than that though, pretty fun episode.
    in a world where you have humans turning into random matter, going faster than light, anything is possible ^^
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I don't think it froze the light but froze the sensors....whatever.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I don't think it froze the light but froze the sensors....whatever.
    well it froze something that broke and fell to the ground when he walked through it, but yes, I imagine the ice coating on the sensors self-reflected the "lasers" so that the alarm wouldn't trigger.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    well it froze something that broke and fell to the ground when he walked through it, but yes, I imagine the ice coating on the sensors self-reflected the "lasers" so that the alarm wouldn't trigger.
    Although why it actually went and froze around the lasers in the middle...I got nothing for that.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Although why it actually went and froze around the lasers in the middle...I got nothing for that.
    I'm not an expert but I would think if you got something cold enough you could freeze light. And a quick google (http://io9.com/scientists-freeze-lig...nute-912634479) shows that you can. Whether it would shatter like that though I don't know but it is plausible at least.

Signature Created by Jassinta

So the theme of this week's episode is all about how you can turn out if you were raised differently. Applying this to Barry Allen, we're already aware of two different ways Barry can turn out:

1) Original, pre-Eobard/Wells timeline: Barry is raised by Nora and Henry Allen, grows up to marry his childhood sweetheart Iris West, and somehow becomes the Flash. His civilian occupation is unknown.

2) Current timeline: Barry is raised by Joe West after the murder of his mother and incarceration of his father, and grows up to be a police forensic technician. He only becomes the Flash due to further intervention in his life by Eobard Thawne.

Now imagine a third timeline...

3) Barry's parents are attacked in their homes by two speedsters when he is just a child, and only the intervention of a third speedster prevents the death of his mother. Barry is raised by overly cautious and possibly PTSD-suffering parents, or maybe even in foster care, and it's all because of these impossibly powered beings that invaded his life at a young age. Then, possibly in a way similar to Timeline #1, he gains super speed. But instead of becoming a hero, a lifetime of resentment toward speedsters is channeled into a desire to eliminate them all.

In other words, maybe on another Earth, present-Barry ignored Future-Barry's advice and saved his mother anyway, which led to the rise of Zoom. Maybe this is why Future-Barry prevented our Barry from saving his mother on our earth; once Eobard had changed history, trying to change it back would not lead to the original future being restored, but would instead lead to Zoom.

So by the end of this season, Barry learns that he did indeed make the right choice by not saving his mother, and is finally able to let go of that lingering doubt and truly move "Forward."

Bartholomew Henry Allen.....hmm....wouldn't it be interesting if Zoom was [Earth-2] evil Henry Allen. Let's measure John Wesley Shipp for a new Flash costume.

I know some Flash fans may not watch Arrow, which makes this Blastr quote from Stephen Amell interesting.

Here’s an excerpt from what Amell said about the crossover episodes:

“Last year was designed so that if you were a fan of one show or a fan of the other show, you could enjoy 108 of Flash and 308 of Arrow independent of one another. It’s not the case this year. If you put them back to back on one night, they would run like one two-hour episode of television. In fact, most of the Flash episode takes place in Star City, and most of the ‘Arrow’ episode takes place in Central City. We have a common villain, which was not the case last year, and just in general, we’ve done an excellent job of weaving not just two shows, but three shows together.”

http://www.blastr.com/2015-10-26/cws...sover-yet-fall
    Also posted in Arrow forum

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the most recent photo of Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost

hot

/10chars

I can't take her seriously. She's a pretty bad actress, though still better than Katie Cassidy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    but three shows together
    Wait... THREE shows? PLEASE let him be talking about Constantine . I know he's in this series, I'd love them to give him a MAJOR part, maybe even bring in some of his crew. (no, I'm not just saying that because I'm having major Zed withdrawl...)

Here is the most recent photo of Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost
    Omnomnomnom. Looking very cold, but also SUPER hot.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Wait... THREE shows? PLEASE let him be talking about Constantine . I know he's in this series, I'd love them to give him a MAJOR part, maybe even bring in some of his crew. (no, I'm not just saying that because I'm having major Zed withdrawl...)
    Probably Legends, doubtfully, Supergirl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... Yeah, I forgot about Legends. So basically confirming that the midseason crossover is going to be Flash/Arrow taking on Vandal Savage, setting up for Legends of Tomorrow to take him down in the offseason?

Damnit, got myself all worked up...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    No, he means Constantine (still sad they canceled it...)