Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i dont like this, if this is supposed to be in the arrowverse how are we supposed to reconcile the existence of superman?
    What is there to reconcile? The Arrowverse is set in a version of the DC Comics universe, why wouldn't there be a Krypton in that universe?

And why is Superman in the Arrowverse a problem, but Supergirl was not? I feel like I'm missing something.

The last series was great especially with the Аrrow

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    What is there to reconcile? The Arrowverse is set in a version of the DC Comics universe, why wouldn't there be a Krypton in that universe?

And why is Superman in the Arrowverse a problem, but Supergirl was not? I feel like I'm missing something.
    because this show starts out with supergirl JUST becoming supergirl.

dont you think if superman was around we wouldve heard about it?

in flash theyre playing up this whole meta humans thing and its all fresh and new and the government doesnt know whats going on. its hard to believe that and not break immersion if theyre now going to try and tell us someone as powerful as superman has just been doing his super thing.

- - - Updated - - -

the only way i can see this working out is if they make superman also just come out, and make him like an urban legend or something, make him super hermit.

because right now arrow and flash arent allowed to have batman or superman appear physically on the show, and the fact that they wont even show his face in supergirl just a model actor not a real actor makes me think they cant show much at all of him on there either.

its just really hard to keep my immersion if superman is a thing. you would think ollie and barry would atleast at some point have been like "hey did you hear about the dude who can fucking fly and throw cars and shit?"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ah, I see where you're coming from. The mere existence of a superpowered alien should be big news. So either his emergence will be something relatively new, or he may not actually be known to anyone but Supergirl at the start. It really depends on what story they use. For all we know, they're casting someone to fill the part because Kara knows she's supposed to have a cousin somewhere on Earth and they need a body to film so they can show is what she imagines he would look like by now, or it may be part of the opening sequence, ala "My name is Kara Zor-El. I'm looking for my cousin, Kal". It could even be some form of flash-forward/flashback, where he's only a background figure in a photo in the newspaper from the year 2024. ;-)

Also remember, Clark was running around as 'the Blur' on Smallville for ten years, and he was still mostly thought to be an urban legend, so the idea of 'Superman' not being a "thing" for most of the world is still feasible.

Or they may just screw it all up and not really try to make the shows align continuity-wise, and only have crossovers with Arrow/Flash for funsies and otherwise pretend each other don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Yet another show!

http://bit.ly/1ETHT1t
    so... atom, sarahs black canary (some how) captain cold and firestorm? so its... a team show? thing?

i dont.. how.. im game but this sounds weird and i have no idea how its going to work. when i saw the headline i assumed taking characters from arrow and flash would end up with something like felicity and cisco not.. sarah and captain cold and firestorm O-O
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

while I can't see Atom staying on Arrow, I also don't see him on his own show.

- - - Updated - - -

They should bring Sara back to Arrow and Laurel can leave with Atom.

Firestorm could work, but I'd rather the villains migrate from show to show for maximum fun.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

my reaction to the news

10+ Year Old Account
    LoL that's just going to be awful...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    LoL that's just going to be awful...
    idk if it will be awful, i trust the arrow folks.

but the cast is definitely... strange, to say the least.

- - - Updated - - -

all this time.. we were asking for them to bring back sarah...

WE KNEW WE COULD BUT WE NEVER ASKED IF WE SHOULD @_@

10+ Year Old Account

It's like they wrote the names of the Arrow/Flash cast on post it notes, stuck them to a wall and threw darts at it. There's literally nothing to tie those four together and somehow we're supposed to believe that they're going to run a show together?

Nope. Terrible idea. Not even Guggenhiem can pull this off.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

It actually makes sense. Flash goes back in time to save his mom, causes the Flashpoint, the spin-off takes place in that universe. Sarah never died, Stein never merged with Ronnie, Cold is a hero (like in the comics), Ray's wife is still alive, etc. It sounds kinda "meh" but I think it has the potential of being great if done right.

It's like they wrote the names of the Arrow/Flash cast on post it notes, stuck them to a wall and threw darts at it.
    that is the perfect description.

cw: "we need a team show!"
    guggenhiem: "what about suicide squad?"
    cw: "TOO PREDICTABLE!"
    guggenhiem: "we could.. put atom on a team"
    cw: "BRILLIANT"
    guggenhiem "but if we take felicity off of arrow olicity fans will crucify us"
    cw: "then put laurel on there"
    guggenhiem: "if we put laurel on the show the ratings will tank"
    cw: "PULL OUT THE OTHER BLOND THEN!"
    guggenhiem: "sarah? but... shes, shes dead"
    cw: " SHES IN A FREEZER RIGHT? JUST FIND SOMEONE WHOS GOOD WITH FREEZERS!"
    guggenhiem: "ummm, captain cold is..."
    cw: "YEAH CAPTAIN COLD GO WITH THAT GUY"
    guggenhiem "but.. hes a villain"
    cw: "and? now once shes out of the freezer whos gonna defrost her?"
    guggenhiem "firestorm is hot enough to defrost someone i guess..."
    cw: "AMAZING JUST THE GUY! hes related to that robin hood guy right?"
    guggenhiem: "umm robbie amel is signed on for flash in his contract"
    cw: "GET THE OLD DUDE NOBODY WILL NOTICE"
    guggenhiem: "umm alright then, are you sure this is a good idea?"
    CW: "YOU'RE ABOUT TO MAKE OLIVER QUEEN RA'S AL GHUL IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT WE DO WERE GONNA MAKE A FORTUNE"

10+ Year Old Account
    cw: "we need a team show!"...
    I'm fucking crying with laughter right now! Too funny, but also a bit sad, because it's actually happening.

EDIT: Emergency Awesome made a great point. It could be that in the Flash Victor Garber will be replaced by Jason Rush in the Firestorm Matrix, then he'll join this P.o.s. spinoff as simply the science guy. Also Captain Cold is in the show, but he's not part of the "Team", so he'll probably serve as a recurring antagonist, similar to his role in Flash.

As for Sarah... Lazarus pit anyone? Would be awesome if she came back and was BATSHIT crazy, to the point she was basically a different character and Atom and Victor decide it's better to just hide the fact she's still alive from everyone.

Basically, I'm thinking this will be an Atom based show, with Victor assuming the role of Harrison Wells, Sarah Lance as a crazy Felicity(with extra punching) and Captain Cold as the Malcom Merlyn type character.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2015-02-27 at 04:01 AM.

"Two more major casting additions have been made to Supergirl, with Homeland's Davide Harewood set to play Hank Henshaw and Grey's Anatomy alum Chyler Leigh cast as Alexandra "Alex" Danvers. This version of the character better known to comic book fans as Cyborg Superman is a one-time CIA agent who now runs the Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO), which tracks extraterrestrial threats on Earth. Alex meanwhile is the confident foster sister of Kara. Fascinated by Kara's powers from a young age, Alex developed a lifelong obsession with science that inspired her to become a doctor. Even more exciting than this is the fact that Arrow and The Flash's Andrew Kreisberg has joined Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler as a writer and executive producer."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=115893

- - - Updated - - -

this was a lazarus pit

- - - Updated - - -

Caity Lotz could be cast as Golden Glider, Captain Cold's sister, rather than reprising her Arrow role. And the Martin Stein character doesn't really have much to do while the Ronnie Raymond character is in control of the Firestorm matrix, so I can see Victor Garber having time to be in more than one show, with his character's civilian identity working with Ray Palmer.

On a totally different note, I hope that Barry's first accidental time travel incident involves him getting caught up in the 19th century flood of Central City and meeting Bobby "Bovine" McFeely, making the museum tour from episode 4 either a clever bit of foreshadowing, or a brick joke.

"Finally, in another bit of news to speculate wildly about, Deadline reports that the team will also include three major DC heroes we haven't seen on TV yet"

ZATANNA ZATANNA ZATANNA

DO EEEEEEEEEEET!!!! @_@

"Finally, in another bit of news to speculate wildly about, Deadline reports that the team will also include three major DC heroes we haven't seen on TV yet"

ZATANNA ZATANNA ZATANNA

DO EEEEEEEEEEET!!!! @_@
    Zatanna has previously appeared on the CW during Smallville, so she technically isn't a DC hero we "haven't seen on TV yet".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Caity Lotz could be cast as Golden Glider, Captain Cold's sister, rather than reprising her Arrow role.
    Already cast. She'll be played by Payton List (Of tomorrow people).

10+ Year Old Account

in flash theyre playing up this whole meta humans thing and its all fresh and new and the government doesnt know whats going on. its hard to believe that and not break immersion if theyre now going to try and tell us someone as powerful as superman has just been doing his super thing.

- - - Updated - - -

the only way i can see this working out is if they make superman also just come out, and make him like an urban legend or something, make him super hermit.

because right now arrow and flash arent allowed to have batman or superman appear physically on the show, and the fact that they wont even show his face in supergirl just a model actor not a real actor makes me think they cant show much at all of him on there either.

its just really hard to keep my immersion if superman is a thing. you would think ollie and barry would atleast at some point have been like "hey did you hear about the dude who can fucking fly and throw cars and shit?"
    Last I hear, the Supergirl series was most likely going to be it's own thing and not connected to Arrow/Flash at all. Because it is on a different network and it does seem to contradict the premise of Flash it seems like it is pretty likely they won't try and make them connected.

- - - Updated - - -

all this time.. we were asking for them to bring back sarah...

WE KNEW WE COULD BUT WE NEVER ASKED IF WE SHOULD @_@
    Hell yes we should. Just kill off Laurel already and bring Sarah back!

It's like they wrote the names of the Arrow/Flash cast on post it notes, stuck them to a wall and threw darts at it. There's literally nothing to tie those four together and somehow we're supposed to believe that they're going to run a show together?

Nope. Terrible idea. Not even Guggenhiem can pull this off.
    Man, people sure are cynical about this. I think it sounds like it could be pretty good. Brandon Routh's character Ray Palmer is great and any excuse to bring Sarah back from the dead is ok in my book. Martin Stein I can't say I really have any strong feelings on one way or the other but the Firestorm character(s?) is interesting enough that it could be solid. Wenthworth Miller's Captain Cold on the other hand I found to be overly cheesy and annoying but if they go with the villain turned hero path it could be alright.

I think people just writing it off as a terrible idea already are jumping the gun. I had zero interest in The Flash when it was announced and now it's easily one of my favorite series currently airing on TV. I am more then willing to give this series a chance.

ZATANNA ZATANNA ZATANNA

DO EEEEEEEEEEET!!!! @_@
    There are a ton of possible characters they could go with. It's interesting they said three characters who "have never appeared on TV in a live-action form before" so any number of characters who have only made it to TV in animated form are possibilities like Cyborg, Robin/Nightwing, Raven or any of the other Teen Titans. There are a ton of characters who were in animated series like Batman: The Brave and the Bold or Justice League Unlimited as well.

As for my number one pick? The Question! They would have to go with the original Question Vic Sage since the current one, Renee Montoya, is a recurring character on Gotham but The Question is cool as hell. The character of Rorschach from The Watchmen was based on The Question. He is pretty much what Batman would be if he stared in a hardboiled 50's noir detective movie.