Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    There is now no limit to how big the multi-verse can get, DC reverses its tv and movie policy.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/the-...ow-1201646970/
    Kevin Tsujihara became CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment on March 2013, and the article you linked said that he made this 'reversal' soon after taking on that role. So while this reversal did open the "DC vault" from under the tight control of WB's film division, it's not something that just happened this month.

This policy reversal is, for example, the reason why The Flash was even created as a TV show in the first place while still being on the docket for a film in 2018, and it's why we have Gotham, Supergirl, Constantine, etc. However, this doesn't mean we'll suddenly start seeing Batman show up in Star City, as this is still the same group that took Deadshot and the Suicide Squad off the table for Arrow appearances due to the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Kevin Tsujihara became CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment on March 2013, and the article you linked said that he made this 'reversal' soon after taking on that role. So while this reversal did open the "DC vault" from under the tight control of WB's film division, it's not something that just happened this month.

This policy reversal is, for example, the reason why The Flash was even created as a TV show in the first place while still being on the docket for a film in 2018, and it's why we have Gotham, Supergirl, Constantine, etc. However, this doesn't mean we'll suddenly start seeing Batman show up in Star City, as this is still the same group that took Deadshot and the Suicide Squad off the table for Arrow appearances due to the film.
    I don't think anyone is silly enough to believe that we would see Batman in Arrow, but despite some minor setbacks, the different units seem to be working together a little more rather than out and out blocking things completely.

I don't think anyone is silly enough to believe that we would see Batman in Arrow, but despite some minor setbacks, the different units seem to be working together a little more rather than out and out blocking things completely.
    True, true. What I was saying, though, was that "the different units seem to be working together a little more" isn't a new direction they're taking - it's been their policy for the past few years. It doesn't signal more options for The Flash TV show, for example; it's the reason The Flash TV show exists at all.

I think that Batman should be at least acknowledged in the arrowverse, much like Superman on Supergirl(minus that showing up part of course). Aquaman has been referenced on Flash a couple of times, could even throw an amazon reference here and there, there really isn't a reason that characters should be completely omitted from existing in these shows, I can understand not showing them but to not even mention them is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    I think that Batman should be at least acknowledged in the arrowverse, much like Superman on Supergirl(minus that showing up part of course). Aquaman has been referenced on Flash a couple of times, could even throw an amazon reference here and there, there really isn't a reason that characters should be completely omitted from existing in these shows, I can understand not showing them but to not even mention them is silly.
    People have said that Aquaman has been referenced on the Flash, but the only reference I've seen was Jay Garrick talking about his friend from Atlantis. Which is fine, except the Earth-2 Atlantis is ruled by a queen: Aquawoman. So he might have been talking about her.

There was a deleted scene from the pilot where Joe talks about Barry chasing the weird cases, one being a man in Maine that could talk to fish, most likely referencing Arthur Curry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm not sure on Garrick really, I think there's an element to his "cowardice" that hasn't been shown yet.
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with Zoom's identity, which Garrick probably knows (or at least suspects). And if it's Barry's Earth-2 dad, or even Barry himself, it's understandable why he's trying to "protect" Barry from having to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    There was a deleted scene from the pilot where Joe talks about Barry chasing the weird cases, one being a man in Maine that could talk to fish, most likely referencing Arthur Curry.
    Ah, I'd forgotten that. Yeah, that would be Earth-1, so is definitely an Aquaman reference.

I wouldnt trust a tv show to do Aquaman Justice. Even a Marvel movie would struggle to make it work. I'm not saying it can't be done. But It would need an amazing actor and 150mill

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I wouldnt trust a tv show to do Aquaman Justice. Even a Marvel movie would struggle to make it work. I'm not saying it can't be done. But It would need an amazing actor and 150mill
    The pilot for the Aquaman series a while back wasn't half bad, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How does Jason Mamoa strike you , and the budget will be WAY higher than 150 mil.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    How does Jason Mamoa strike you , and the budget will be WAY higher than 150 mil.
    I heard that rumor and he would be physically perfect and give him an awesome super hero look. Think hes got the acting chops though outside of the action scenes? Kinda strikes me as a actor like chris hemsworth. Nice look for the role but not much going on in the acting department.

More the flash related, no episode this week

And the trailer for legends of tomorrow looks kinda lame imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a rumour dude, it's 100% confirmed, there's even promotional material . As for his acting chops, not sure, but he's not a BAD actor, so I don't think he'll be terrible.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Take this with a grain of salt.....Flash/Supergirl crossover, and Tom Welling Superman/Flash episode

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/th...-sweeps-40472/

10+ Year Old Account
    Take this with a grain of salt.....Flash/Supergirl crossover, and Tom Welling Superman/Flash episode

Please no. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom Welling, as Superman... On Flash?

*Darth Vader voice* NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Yay, more singularities opening portals to other universes again.

I don't know, I think it's great that Greg Berlanti has started a home for former superheroes that can't get roles anymore.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

"However, there have been rumors of Tom Welling bringing his Superman from Smallville to The Flash during season two as well. Realty Today reported on those rumors again earlier this week, but the rumors have been circulating since the summer. "

Also a LOT of could, maybe, and rumor in the article. It reads like fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    "However, there have been rumors of Tom Welling bringing his Superman from Smallville to The Flash during season two as well. Realty Today reported on those rumors again earlier this week, but the rumors have been circulating since the summer. "

Also a LOT of could, maybe, and rumor in the article. It reads like fan fiction.
    When I first read it, the Smallville rumor actually made me believe the article less.

The Supergirl thing might be fun, but that rumor has been around since the show was announced.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."