Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Looking at next week's promo, I'm really hoping that the suspicions about Wells turn out to be a red herring. I don't think I can stand a third season of "Harrison Wells, Bad Guy".

So I'm a bit confused about Caitlin. We're told previously that Wells from Earth 2 didn't experience any timeline changes because Earth 2 is a separate dimension. If that is the case how does he not know that Caitlin is Killer Frost and has frost abilities since the real Killer Frost was from Earth 2?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So I'm a bit confused about Caitlin. We're told previously that Wells from Earth 2 didn't experience any timeline changes because Earth 2 is a separate dimension. If that is the case how does he not know that Caitlin is Killer Frost and has frost abilities since the real Killer Frost was from Earth 2?
    Speculation...

Because he had already met Caitlin and had his wrist meta detector show that she was human when he outed Cisco last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Like he said, going back one day is probably irrelevent in the big scheme of things. Flashpoint affects his entire life and affects Joe West, Iris West etc etc and well every person Barry interacts with.
    Tidal Wave destroys city vs Tidal Wave does NOT destroy city.
    Vandal Savage vaporizes everyone vs Vandal Savage does NOT vaporize everyone...

Like I said though, Barry went from (for example) October 30th to October 29th and then stayed, he didn't travel back to October 29th, change something, then skip back in time to October 30th with dual memories.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Wells experienced the original timeline because he was from earth 2 and on it. He immediately knew some time shit when down when he came to earth 1 because the changes only effected earth 1. So he might be able to guess that Caitlin is getting her frost powers, but when he originally came to earth 1 she didn't have them and didn't set off his meta watch.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Wells experienced the original timeline because he was from earth 2 and on it. He immediately knew some time shit when down when he came to earth 1 because the changes only effected earth 1. So he might be able to guess that Caitlin is getting her frost powers, but when he originally came to earth 1 she didn't have them and didn't set off his meta watch.
    At least, that's how he experienced the past. I wonder how that scene actually played out in the post-Flashpoint Earth-1 timeline. Was Caitlin fully human then, too, or did Harry wave his watch at Joe instead?

So if this is Wells-19, I wonder which Earth Supergirl is on.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Jessi is my new waifu
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    So if this is Wells-19, I wonder which Earth Supergirl is on.
    Unofficially, it's been called Earth-CBS.

If Cisco is going to be going there with Barry to recruit Kara, though, I'd expect it to get an official number then.

Oh, and tonight's episode of Legends of Tomorrow had a message from Barry Allen, so maybe we'll see him show up before the crossover?

Deleted
    I tried watching another episode of the Flash again and.... why does he have a group of people sitting in a hideout that monitor some computer screens with flashy graphs and beeping sounds and give him input about things?

The show just being about the Flash, like the comics, was not an option?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I tried watching another episode of the Flash again and.... why does he have a group of people sitting in a hideout that monitor some computer screens with flashy graphs and beeping sounds and give him input about things?

More opportunities for storylines. Same reason Arrow has had a team since the first season.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Also means he knows when a meta shows up instead of constantly running around the city
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

Like which comics? The pre-Crisis adventures of the Flash with Barry Allen, when it was all about him and just him, were so unpopular that his series got canceled and he got killed off. The stories I remember reading after that (back before Barry returned, when Wally was the Flash) always had him interacting with people like his tech friend Pied Piper, Max Mercury, Linda Park, and others, and his stories intermingled with theirs. The current Barry Allen in comics deals with Iris, his co-workers at Star City CSI, and even S.T.A.R. Labs now.

Plus, comics have thought ballons and narration boxes, so a lot of story can be compressed into a single panel with a single hero. In TV shows, you need other people to voice that narrative information and ask the questions that prompt those thoughts to be verbalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Like which comics? The pre-Crisis adventures of the Flash with Barry Allen, when it was all about him and just him, were so unpopular that his series got canceled and he got killed off.
    Okay okay, let's back up a bit.

Barry's series was cancelled in 1985, having started in 1959. It ran for 245 issues, and then his death was one of the most significant events in the most significant event DC had had up until then.

Let's not act like The Flash vol 1 was bemoaned or something. It was a fair exemplar of the Silver Age. The Silver Age just ended, is all.
    Last edited by Jetstream; 2016-10-29 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Got Flash's series wrong, started 1959. Showcase #4 was in 1956.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Okay okay, let's back up a bit.

Barry's series was cancelled in 1985, having started in 1959. It ran for 245 issues, and then his death was one of the most significant events in the most significant event DC had had up until then.

Let's not act like The Flash vol 1 was bemoaned or something. It was a fair exemplar of the Silver Age. The Silver Age just ended, is all.
    Eh. Flash never became popular until wally became the flash which Is why every incarnation of Barry since then has essentially been a carbon copy of wally with barrys name.

So if I read this correctly the 8th episode of each shows in the crossover is titled Invasion. So of course I'm thinking we have :

Kid Flash
    Artemis
    Miss Martian
    Arsenal
    and a yet unnamed Superboy

so, without Robin and Aqualad do we essentially have Young Justice?

Yeah I know it's only wishful thinking, of course it doesn't bode well for Wally if it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    So if I read this correctly the 8th episode of each shows in the crossover is titled Invasion. So of course I'm thinking we have :

Kid Flash
    Artemis
    Miss Martian
    Arsenal
    and a yet unnamed Superboy

so, without Robin and Aqualad do we essentially have Young Justice?

Yeah I know it's only wishful thinking, of course it doesn't bode well for Wally if it is.
    Source?

Superboy sounds interesting

10+ Year Old Account
    God I'd go full homo for Tom Cavanagh