Anyone here good at dynamic programming algorithms?

Figured it's worth a shot posting this here. I'm in the process of learning about "dynamic programming algorithms" because my boss told me I had to know them for next month's project (didn't say what for exactly, I'm just an intern). Is anyone here relatively good with them? I'm bought a book on algorithms and I came across a problem of this type that I'm banging my head against the wall trying to figure out. Hit me up with a message if you don't mind helping me out, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a very broad question, as the term in itself is very broad. It would help if you posted some more info, like main language(s), data type(s), what the algorithm must be able to do eventually etc. People can give more concrete feedback that way.

You might also like this:
    http://web.cse.ohio-state.edu/~crawf...namicProg.pptx
    Last edited by Arenis; 2014-10-14 at 06:24 PM.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Boy, dynamic programming as a concept is too broad to be explained in a forum post... While you might come to in a short time understand the basics, the challenges in actually implementing the algorithms will make it next to impossible to master very quickly. Memoization alone is hard to grasp and implement (and no, there's no typo there) and is a task used in many dynamic programming based algorithms.

What is the problem you are faced with? The most common introductory algorithms on dynamic programming are decision algorithms and counting algorithms. Something like the famous vending machine algorithm which can be solved with a greedy approach can also be solved with dynamic programming and optimized with memoization.

You better give us more info, man...

Ya kind of. I'm studying to be pro enough for coding competitions so I know a bit about them but your question is vague.