Thread: 6.0 Resto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Agreed, I'm not sure SoO is the best place to be comparing healers or even the feel of our own healing. It's going to end up being much different in WoD. I guess we will see in a month when Draenor comes out.

Mastery > Haste > spirit > Crit is what im trying currently, never ran oom in SoO Mythical as 3 healers. Usally around 30-40% mana

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post
    Dpriests and Hpallies are doing so well right now because everyone is able to spam their most expensive heals. Topping meters with Holy Nova is insane, absolutely. That needs to be adjusted. But come WoD, mana is going to become an issue so they won't be able to do near the healing they are doing now spamming their most expensive heals. 6.0 SoO is not a great example of the healing style come WoD raids. Still not fun to continue to lose to the classes that have dominated for the last YEAR but I'm sure it'll get better with new content. I will say that I felt much more useful than I have in a while.
    I think that your mana explanation wont work for us, since priest (according to beta) will have a much easier mana management than we have. As far I read, druids are struggling with mana in WoD. And since I was spamming Reju aswell, what wouldnt be possible in WoD, I see bad times come up to us.I think what you now see in SoO is the world in a later tier in WoD *sadface*

Anyone noticing almost zero healing, or in fact zero healing, from the cleave trinket? Some fights I'm getting less than 0.5k from it, assuming this is a bug? Also, the overhealing portion of the legendary cloak is also not doing anything. Wondering if others are experiencing the same thing or have any more information.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    Anyone noticing almost zero healing, or in fact zero healing, from the cleave trinket?
    When you mention it - got 0.22% from cleave on Thok. No multistrike in the logs from yesterday when using Naz's trinket, and nothing from Spirit of Chi-Ji, have in fact overhealing registered while the buff is active. I'm getting multistrikes today though.

I have a feeling much of this could have been avoided had they just fixed the PTR character copy early. Game now feels like beta.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-10-16 at 09:53 AM.

Yes, the Cleave trinket is broken currently. The Nazgrim trinket definitely does work. However, because Multistrike is a stat now, they just made the trinket add +X% multistrike. Therefore, it shows up in Warcraft Logs in the Multistrike column, not as a seperate healing source.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...aling&source=1

Look at the Hits (Ms) column. The number in brackets shows the number of multistrikes that you had. The 588 Nazgrim trinket add 7.64% Multistrike, making it a very strong replacement for the broken Cleave trinket and probably way better than the DSOD, because there is almost no way to burn enough mana to use that extra regen.

What is the best race for Resto Druid in 6.0 WoD ? Troll or Tauren ?

Quote Originally Posted by wakii View Post
    I think that your mana explanation wont work for us, since priest (according to beta) will have a much easier mana management than we have. As far I read, druids are struggling with mana in WoD. And since I was spamming Reju aswell, what wouldnt be possible in WoD, I see bad times come up to us.I think what you now see in SoO is the world in a later tier in WoD *sadface*
    Yeah =( I'm just having a really rough time believing that Blizz would let this happen all over again when they'd clearly said that shields were the entire problem with the MoP healing by the end. And what do discs do? Spam holy nova and top meters. SOMEONE needs to be fired on the immediate for that choice. I just don't think WoD is going to be land of the king shields anymore. SoO is not a good example of the raid environment they're tuning everyone for. They're looking for consistent incoming damage in most fights. That isn't the design of SoO so of course we aren't going to shine like we want to. Norushen consistent damage, rocked it. Juggernaut consistent damage, rocked it. As long as they stick to the continual incoming raid damage, I think we will end up being just fine. It's kind of a fact of healing that you can't out hps a shield. It simply doesn't work. Shields are an important part of the game, but they've sorta taken them to a point of no return now. It's something we will have to live with for as long as there are priests and paladins. The raid environment itself will dictate how important and useful they are. SoO is not a good example of what healing will be at 100 in WoD. Try not to get too down, druid brothers and sisters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sgtcook View Post
    What is the best race for Resto Druid in 6.0 WoD ? Troll or Tauren ?
    Taurens have the ability to stun and Trolls have a slight throughput buff. I'd say Trolls are likely better for PVE, Taurens for PVP (I have no idea, I don't pvp, just an estimate). But they've dulled racial traits so much by this point that it's not likely to make MUCH of a difference. Trolls are better, but I can't stand being a hideous bat. I like to minmax as much as the rest of us, but I just...cant...do...it....

Quote Originally Posted by Lavathing View Post
    Anyone noticing almost zero healing, or in fact zero healing, from the cleave trinket? Some fights I'm getting less than 0.5k from it, assuming this is a bug? Also, the overhealing portion of the legendary cloak is also not doing anything. Wondering if others are experiencing the same thing or have any more information.
    I have noticed this too. Not that SOO is a great comparison to other healers. I have just changed form Pride and Thok trinket to, Thok and Naz. I noticed a slight increase in healing but not that much. It seems to be different everytime. Still trying to figure out which one would be better to use.

Its very hard to judge when you have Mythic fights only lasting around a minute and thirty seconds. That and only having 1-3 healers per fight.

Deleted
    Didn't play that much in MoP, just ran heroic (the new heroic, not mythic) with my guild 11/12 and I never ran out of mana (never even close to running out of mana) with iLvl 530 and not a single socket or enchant for spirit (except Jade Spirit). We were running four healers with a 22-player flex group.

I'd appreciate it if they kept it like this. I like not having to reconsider my enchants\sockets\trinkets all the time because of how my mana regeneration works out.

This is very much like what the end of Cata felt like to me. Spam all I want and it doesn't matter. But then what's the point of even having a mana bar if it doesn't detriment or determine our play style at all? Yes, it's fun, but it presents very little challenge in the way of deciding what tool is best for the situation. They won't keep it like this, they want healers to have to actively consider what spells they're using and how often we can use them.