Question Need a Decent GPU for the Old System...

Hello Fellow Champions.

I recently won a hyperX 120gb ssd from a local store. yay.
    And Currently have 240gb Ocz Agilty3.

My Current Laptop is Acer 5750G.
    I5 2.4
    2x4gb Ram
    GT540M 1GB GPU
    and Agiltity 3 SSD.

With the above Laptop I am having good fps ((45-60) with Vsync) Enabled in games like D3 - SC2 - Dota 2 (with Nvidia GeForce Exprience Optimal Settings) and 40-60 FPS at WoW Low Settings at 25 Man Raids.

I did some Cleaning in my house and come up with some pieces.

Core 2 Duo e7500
    Asus P5B
    2x2GB DDR2-800
    using low passive cooling pci-e gpu
    and hyperx 120gb SSD with
    300-400-500gb Storage Back up HDDs running
    500w PSU

Here for my Real issue I am planning on moving to case and selling my laptop but i need a price/performance GPU for above case to do as much as the same things I can on the laptop without bottle necking the gpu.

...No Longer Need Help...
    Last edited by MCCOPRA; 2014-10-15 at 10:56 PM. Reason: ...No Longer Need Help...
    Erafur; Irreplaceble Tank - Great DPS but No Luck (Warrior)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ermagus; Arcane Master - But Prefers Being a Fridge(Mage)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCCOPRA View Post
    Thanks for all help. /sarcasm off
    I'm honestly inclined to just ignore this due to the rude behavior, but just because I feel bad that your topic got skipped over I suppose I'll bite.

Going to need the model on the PSU and a budget for the card. That been said all of the technology you have is pretty old. DDR2 is far outdated and will struggle in games as will the CPU depending on the game.

Let me add, it's no one's job here to help you so any help received on these forums is out of the kindness of the community. We all have schedules and responsibilities and sometimes the only people capable of giving you decent information don't always see every topic (or just plain don't feel they are in the right position to give you the best information on the matter) and people really need to understand that. You didn't even provide enough information to help you yet you seem to be ok with giving attitudes on the matter. A simple bump would have pushed this topic to the top for assistance. You should really learn how to properly ask for help especially considering anyone here willing to take their own free time to actually help you deserves nothing but the up most respect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post

Let me add, it's no one's job here to help you so any help received on these forums is out of the kindness of the community. We all have schedules and responsibilities and sometimes the only people capable of giving you decent information don't always see every topic (or just plain don't feel they are in the right position to give you the best information on the matter) and people really need to understand that. You didn't even provide enough information to help you yet you seem to be ok with giving attitudes on the matter. A simple bump would have pushed this topic to the top for assistance. You should really learn how to properly ask for help especially considering anyone here willing to take their own free time to actually help you deserves nothing but the up most respect.
    u sir, just earned my respect for this wonderful comment... thumbs up!!!

I'm honestly inclined to just ignore this due to the rude behavior, but just because I feel bad that your topic got skipped over I suppose I'll bite.

You should really learn how to properly ask for help especially considering anyone here willing to take their own free time to actually help you deserves nothing but the up most respect.
    Thanks for your post. I have already solved my problem.
    and I Know how to properly ask for help but ppl ignore to notice after 400 views. I put bait in. with "Thanks for all help. /sarcasm off" post and here you are and after your post about criticizing me others come to help. i.e. flens below.

Quote Originally Posted by flens View Post
    u sir, just earned my respect for this wonderful comment... thumbs up!!!
    so Thanks all again. Good Day.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A) Those 400 views doesn't mean 400 people who knew what they were talking about viewed the topic. Very rarely do my topics ever see a response within the first few hundred views.
    B) I don't scroll through looking for unanswered topics. I see more recent topics on the first page, hence how this one popped up. It's a waste to go finding topics that are at the end of the first page or on the 2nd+ page because the person is likely not even searching here for help anymore. Most people feel the same way.
    C) No, you really don't know how to ask for help if you're being a complete dick about it, especially when you failed to even provide enough information for us to help you. "I put bait in" isn't a good enough excuse.
    D) Go find help on fucking reddit or 4chan or something if you want to give people attitudes.

D) Go find help on fucking reddit or 4chan or something if you want to give people attitudes.
    The buildapc group on reddit doesn't like attitude either, he wouldn't have got much help there being rude

But as for actually helping with the issue, a budget would have been helpful.
    An AMD R9 280X would be awesome if you can afford it. Otherwise an 270X
    Or even an nVidia GTX 750TI would be a huge improvement too, and those don't need extra power from the PSU, they take power from the PCI-E slot only
    Last edited by Samurai; 2014-10-15 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post

But as for actually helping with the issue, a budget would have been helpful.
    An AMD R9 280X would be awesome if you can afford it. Otherwise an 270X
    Or even an nVidia GTX 750TI would be a huge improvement too, and those don't need extra power from the PSU, they take power from the PCI-E slot only
    Thanks for trying to help.

Got a SAPPHIRE DUAL-X Radeon R7 265 2GB for a good price which can be o/ced really good and decent price/performance card (former 7850).

set the cpu running at 4ghz with cm hyper 412s that is stress testing for 4 hour without issue now.
    Last edited by MCCOPRA; 2014-10-16 at 09:51 PM.