Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At least they didn't spray him with bullets, that's positive I guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    This isnt so bad imo, if the police think you are an intruder in your own home just stay calm and dont get ur self pepper sprayed, they could have cuffed him and he could have told the police to call the mothers mobile and it would have been over.
    going by other threads and how some police act, he got lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This could easily have been cleared up if only officers' training included 80s sitcoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    This could easily have been cleared up if only officers' training included 80s sitcoms.

http://worldnewsbreakers.com/static/...c87487a2fc.jpg

That's the first thing that comes to your mind when you read the story, right? But this is that "baby boy":

i want to have an opinion on this, but i would just get banned
    i know how dessenting opinions are frowned upon

so instead ima go donate money to the county for a bigger pepper spray budget

Deleted
    Neighbours were the racists here, not the police, who were acting pretty reasonably if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Neighbours were the racists here, not the police, who were acting pretty reasonably if you ask me.
    How are they racist?

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    i want to have an opinion on this, but i would just get banned
    i know how dessenting opinions are frowned upon

so instead ima go donate money to the county for a bigger pepper spray budget
    So you're a racist? Thanks for letting us know.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Can we just have a police brutality megathread? This is getting annoying.

Not saying this is right, but god dman, this is reaching gun control level amount of posting.
    Very much this. Consolidate all this annoying shit in one cesspit please. That way all the police hating drama queens can compare notes without regurgitating the same crap in new threads every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Right, they've been ringing the police phones off the hook reporting the other kids in the household that they don't recognize.
    This "kid" is 18, the others look to all be younger than 6. I'm not sure what your point was supposed to be.

The neighbours didn't recognize him and phoned the police. The police where sceptical about it being his house because:

1) The family is entirely white
    2) He looks to be 3 times the age of the oldest child in the photos
    3) The family has a photo of all three other children, but not him
    4) The neighbours didn't recognize him

I don't see how this was racially motivated. The police were called and had good reason to believe it wasn't his house and there was no evidence that he could provide that proved otherwise. The police did nothing wrong in that respect.

Should he have been pepper sprayed though? I don't know, the article only says he "became angry".
    Last edited by Exit0sus; 2014-10-08 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for the teenager. He didn't do anything wrong.

As far as I can tell this is a Good Faith Mistake on the police's part. They used assumptive reasoning. What were they supposed to do? Take the teenager's word for it, that he did live there, say have a nice day and leave? Police did things correctly but made an error on their part that they could not have avoided (Good Faith Mistake). I don't blame the teenager for getting upset. As unfortunate as that is police still have to do their job, and I don't know how they could have concluded without the foster mother that he lived there. Maybe he had a driving learner's permit that said his address on it?

I am unsure whether the pepper spray was justified or not

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    How are they racist?
    By refusing to believe him in his own home because of the color of his skin.

Castle doctrine would have made for an interesting situation here as the police are continuing to be shoddy about investigating whether a crime is taking place.

If you're going to claim that someone doesn't belong on a property, you should discuss the matter with the actual OWNER'S of said property, and not some neighbor who doesn't even know them, apparently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I would be more intelligent than him and try not to fuck with the US police, who is not exactly known for their "kindness"?
    Yeah sure

Quote Originally Posted by jcheerno11 View Post
    I'd find get a lawyer and sue that city for all I could get.
    After maybe, but during?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    By refusing to believe him in his own home because of the color of his skin.

Castle doctrine would have made for an interesting situation here as the police are continuing to be shoddy about investigating whether a crime is taking place.

If you're going to claim that someone doesn't belong on a property, you should discuss the matter with the actual OWNER'S of said property, and not some neighbor who doesn't even know them, apparently.
    I don't think it's racist to be skeptical in that situation. The fact that the article doesn't show a picture of him is very telling in itself: it's just another biased story designed to paint cops in a bad light. It sounds like a reasonable and genuine misunderstanding and it's better for the cops to play it safe than let a potential threat remain in a house that may not have been theirs in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see, police show up, accost a legal resident in said house without proper probable cause, over-react when said legal resident objects to being accosted IN HIS OWN HOUSE. Yeah, all the officers involved need to be fired and barred from law-enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Exit0sus View Post
    I don't see how this was racially motivated. The police were called and had good reason to believe it wasn't his house and there was no evidence that he could provide that proved otherwise. The police did nothing wrong in that respect.
    The only "good reason" the police had to believe it wasn't his house was because of his race.

If that isn't "racially motivated" I don't know what is.

I'm 12 years older than my sister and don't have photos of us together, does that mean the cops have the right to come into my house and pepper spray me ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    I don't think it's racist to be skeptical in that situation. The fact that the article doesn't show a picture of him is very telling in itself: it's just another biased story designed to paint cops in a bad light. It sounds like a reasonable and genuine misunderstanding and it's better for the cops to play it safe than let a potential threat remain in a house that may not have been theirs in the first place.
    Ok, point taken, but if it was me I'd leave a number 2 in the neighbours mailbox first chance I'd get.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Yeah sure

After maybe, but during?
    If I know not to fuck with the US police as an European, he should know it too. Some people actually think before they act and I don't know how you could know that I'm not one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Ok, point taken, but if it was me I'd leave a number 2 in the neighbours mailbox first chance I'd get.
    It's why more neighbours should get to know each other really. If they're anything like my neighbours, though, they likely keep to themselves and wouldn't know much about me at all if someone asked them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    If I know not to fuck with the US police as an European, he should know it too. Some people actually think before they act and I don't know how you could know that I'm not one of those.
    Because it is very normal to lose your calm when you are treated like a criminal even tough you did nothing wrong, simply because some nosy neighbour tought you where suspicious.