Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Razer Naga MMO mouse

Alright, so I saw the Razer Naga MMO mouse displayed in a local electronics store a couple of days ago and I was tempted to buy it. But 80 euro's is still a pretty big amount of money for just a mouse.

Anyway, I always try to improve my game. I'm usually healing and got 90th or 95th+ percentile rankings on most SoO 25hc bosses. Currently playing with a Logitech mx518 mouse, which has 2 buttons on the side. The mouse is about 5 years old and still working properly. Can't say I dislike this mouse.

Alot of people (including guildies) are very positive about the Razer Naga, so I'm just wondering if it's actually worth it to buy one (especially for a healer). And also, how you use those side buttons. Do you use them for your core spells or more for cd's or utility spells?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystiqk View Post
    Alright, so I saw the Razer Naga MMO mouse displayed in a local electronics store a couple of days ago and I was tempted to buy it. But 80 euro's is still a pretty big amount of money for just a mouse.

Anyway, I always try to improve my game. I'm usually healing and got 90th or 95th+ percentile rankings on most SoO 25hc bosses. Currently playing with a Logitech mx518 mouse, which has 2 buttons on the side. The mouse is about 5 years old and still working properly. Can't say I dislike this mouse.

Alot of people (including guildies) are very positive about the Razer Naga, so I'm just wondering if it's actually worth it to buy one (especially for a healer). And also, how you use those side buttons. Do you use them for your core spells or more for cd's or utility spells?

Thank you.
    Razor Naga is great. I use the side buttons primarily for cooldowns. While healing, i use mouseover macros for pretty much everything. The added utility of the naga allows me to heal with my primary buttons with my left hand and have instant reaction with basically no thought to press an "o shit button" on my right hand.

It also minimizes miskeys from moving your left hand across the keyboard or having to stress about pressing shift and control all the time.

80 euros is a bit expensive for one I think. I'd double check your prices or order online. You might be able to get the older model for much cheaper (still brand new though).

If you can't find cheaper, then I'd still go for it.

(Also, I'm sure you've heard this, using healing meters to determine/justify how well or poorly you're doing isn't exactly a good measure. The primary thing should be are people dying and is it your fault? If no, then you're doing great. The people who top those meters either play healer down or do some sort of gimmick with the sole purpose of topping the rankings. Simply put, naga will increase your performance and make your life easier regardless of where you are on the meters.)
    Last edited by Vladimeir; 2014-10-09 at 01:40 AM.

Get a logitech g600 instead. Nagas don't last very long. Side buttons work best for things like cds and cc. It's not very comfortable to do your rotation on them.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Get a logitech g600 instead. Nagas don't last very long. Side buttons work best for things like cds and cc. It's not very comfortable to do your rotation on them.
    As far as them lasting, I've heard mixed reports. I've heard some breaking quickly. Mines been great for several years (5 maybe?) and I don't even take care of it. The only thing i've noticed in performance is that occasionally something might get stuck in the optic sensor and cause it to freak out.

But g600 is almost identical.

The differences are that the razor naga is mapped to either you 1-= keys or your 0-9,-,= Numpad. The G600 uses the 'g' keys which are an extension of the keyboard. It's also cheaper.

ive never played a single day using the normal keys for my rotation i'd say comfortable isnt something you can judge for someone else

i use a naga for my core spells, the only thing that gets annoying is hexos because if you spam something your mouse shakes

i use 1-12 for normal, shift 1-6 and ctrl 1-6 for cds or things like purge/ ghostwolf that arent on my main bar

I play with a Naga and don't think I'll ever go back to playing without one. I had to for a few days when I was playing on a friends PC and it just felt so much more clunky and the combat didn't feel as fluid.

The main change was that, after getting used to the mouse, I felt like all of my keybinds were actually usable. I was used to playing with WASD style movement with the main ability keys being 1-5 the ` key and alt+1-5 and `, for a total of 12 heat-of the-moment functional keybinds. With the Naga, I have 24 easily, 26 if I continue to use the ` and alt+` (` is the button just to the left of the 1 key on my keyboard) or up to 39 if I include ctrl (I don't normally use it but some people do, it's too much of a stretch for my thumb the way my hand sits on the keyboard)

The way it works is that the Naga replaces the number keys at the top or the numpad buttons on your keyboard, letting you focus your left hand on movement and modifier buttons. So you don't choose which abilities to use the Naga for (at least I don't) I use it for all abilities. Instead of hitting the 1 on your keyboard, yu would just hit the 1 on the side of the Naga...or you could still use the 1 on your keyboard if that's more comfortable or whatever.

There are a lot of options, and that's how I use mine. Regardless, I feel 100% that it's worth it. Just be warned, it takes a few days of playing with it to make it feel natural, until then it's feels pretty awkward.

IMO it's extremely worth it. I was always a huge Naga nay-sayer until my better half bought me one for Christmas. I was pretty skeptical at first, but if you take the time to actually get used to it and make a concerted effort to use the buttons it's absolutely gold.

Just make sure you're getting the 2014 edition with the mechanical side buttons, as I've heard bad things about the durability of the older ones, as others have stated in this thread.

I say this all if you're in the market for a new mouse of course... personally I wouldn't drop cash on it if you have a perfectly good mouse that you're happy with. Your situation may differ though.

15+ Year Old Account
    It takes a while to get use to it, but once you do it's hard to imagine ever playing without it. Of course, if you have a ton of alts if might render some of them unplayable for a while while you rebind and get use to the new setup.
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    As far as them lasting, I've heard mixed reports. I've heard some breaking quickly. Mines been great for several years (5 maybe?) and I don't even take care of it. The only thing i've noticed in performance is that occasionally something might get stuck in the optic sensor and cause it to freak out.

But g600 is almost identical.

The differences are that the razor naga is mapped to either you 1-= keys or your 0-9,-,= Numpad. The G600 uses the 'g' keys which are an extension of the keyboard. It's also cheaper.

Mine has lasted me for 1 year or so. As long as you tape down the weight in it, every naga I have had the weight broke in side of it so I just tape it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I bought my naga in january 2013, i use it everyday and it still works and looks the same way it did the 1st day. Not to mention the 12 side buttons make keybinding a lot easier, i have small hands so i can only use 1-5, but with the naga i can use 1-12.

Its awesome, worth every penny.

The naga/g600 are great for keybinds... that said, I have purchased 2 nagas, and both had the right mouse button wear out within about 1.5 years so it would double click/not click constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so I've owned both Razer Naga and the G600.

Currently using the G600, because after 3 years of loyal service, my Razer Naga finally pooped itself. About in the past 3-4 months, the scroll click stopped working, so I mapped it to the 8th button, no big deal in my opinion, but then the right and left clicks started to double click, and were unresponsive at times, so I finally made the call to switch. The G600 is great, works exactly the same as the Naga with some remapping, and took less than a day to get used to. The extra click on the right is nice, basically giving you another easy access modifier or button. Will see how the G600 holds up, but so far it's definitely worth it. Cheaper than the Naga too, which is a bonus.
    Currently Procrastinating

10+ Year Old Account
    Real talk, I've had my naga for about ~5-6ish years now, it wasn't fucking cheap when I got it (like 120 bucks AUS) but I honestly couldn't play any MMO's without it at this point. I'm not going to crap on about it, but I cannot recomend it enough. Just don't be too rough with it, because apparently they're a little bit fragile. Personally I haven't experienced this, I've slammed mine on my desk in frustration, accidentally poured stuff on it and it's still going like the day I bought it, just a little bit more faded :P

Highly recommend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Looking forward to going back to my g500 in WoD. I like the naga, but it feels cheaply made and the MMB hasn't worked for a year and a half to boot. I miss my old logitech tank mouse.

I've had the exact opposite experience with Logitech products. Every Logitech mouse or keyboard -- even headset I've ever owned has ended up lasting no more than 2 or 3 months for me. I'm not hard on my equipment either, I take extremely good care of it because I don't feel like shelling out $100+ for a keyboard or $80+ for a mouse constantly. The last Logitech products I used were the G19 and the G500, both died around the same time. And their headsets are absolute garbage -- almost as bad as Steelseries. After that I bought my first Razer KB and mouse and I haven't had a single issue with either -- I recently bought the Naga 2014 and put my other Naga back in the box for a back up, just in case -- but I don't see it happening.

As for comfort, that's just a matter of personal preference, some don't find it comfortable, I find it extremely comfortable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had my Naga for 4 years now, still works like a champ. The side buttons are numerous and useful, especially for cooldowns. But it's all about your play style...if you're comfortable with (and doing well with) a 2-button mouse, why switch?

I tried the naga but have big hands including fingers and thumbs. I concluded this mouse is for smaller effeminate hands.

I've had the same Naga for ~5 years now and I love it. I've never had any parts of it wear out. It opens up a lot more keybinds (especially combined with modifiers), and is generally just super convenient. It takes a little while to get used to it, but it was definitely worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lucred View Post
    The naga/g600 are great for keybinds... that said, I have purchased 2 nagas, and both had the right mouse button wear out within about 1.5 years so it would double click/not click constantly.
    I also have the double click issue, but it is inconsistent, coming and going.

But else wise, I love having the 1-12. I also use shift 1-12 for extra. Sometimes even using alt 1-4 for placing markers during a fight. I am looking forward to less abilities in WoD, freeing up some actionbar space.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should probably watch some Synapse video reviews before you make your purchase. Mine is the Naga blue version that came out in 2009. So it uses the old drivers that don't require the internet. I recommended Razer Naga to my friend and my friend was angry about Synapse. Fortunately my Naga's drivers (v 3.0.2) worked with their 2012 Naga.