PvP - Affliction survival advice...

Having troubles helping with damage in my 2s as well as surviving long enough TO help. I'm playing Rogue + Lock.

Curious if I should be a different spec of if Affliction is fine and well for 2s? Also need advice just staying alive and actually HELPING instead of just getting trained to death like a noob :/ (I am a noob)

What usually happens:
    1) I setup gate and portal
    2) I start getting trained
    3) Shadowfury and try to fear or I howl
    4) If I'm lowish which I'm normally about 50% now, I Dark Regen + Healthstone
    5) Portal -> SB: Swap DoTs -> Burst Macro -> Swap -> Swap to get full duration DoTs
    6) Now I'm just running around Resolve when I need it but now I usually die...

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. My rogue can keep 1 of them off me for a bit but once they get stun DR they just train me till I die...

Any advice guys? I really like Lock but am having a REAL tough time with it...

Double DPS as affliction without a boomkin is kind if hard. Against other Double DPS, My usual tactic is put Dark Soul + Both trinket dots on everything and then pillar hug while my partner kills them. Then if they go for my partner, I spam fear while doing PvE rotation.

If they come for me, I use ports, Glyphed COE(70% slow awesome against melee), Gate, Dark Bargain(IF it's a very high burst team other wise Soul Link + 10% DR Glyph) and Healthstone+Dark Regen. You have a lot of escapes and time to let your dots do their work while your partner does his DPS. 'Use Fel Flame instead of Malefic Grasp if they are on you. If It's a warrior, make sure to cancel blood horror if you see him reflect before charge.

Against healer DPS, just rotate CCs on the healer and you'll do ok. Don't put dots on the healer if your partner has the break on damage type CC. Your fear lasts a lot longer against non dotted people too.

Worked till 1850 for me in 2s. My partner was a BM hunter and we were mostly playing to get geared for 3s. Till that rating, we usually always win against double DPS and lose against most boomkin teams and some healer-dps teams.

Going to suck a lot more in WOD for AFfliction in 2s since you can't Soul Swap much, no more Slow Curse and no fel flame and a nerfed Gate and healthstone.

Also don't forget to Soulburn + Port instead of just porting if you are getting trained. It helps big time against every melee. You cannot be rooted or slow for 7 seconds and you run 50% faster.
    Last edited by GodEmperor; 2014-10-09 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syypher View Post
    Having troubles helping with damage in my 2s as well as surviving long enough TO help. I'm playing Rogue + Lock.

Curious if I should be a different spec of if Affliction is fine and well for 2s? Also need advice just staying alive and actually HELPING instead of just getting trained to death like a noob :/ (I am a noob)

What usually happens:
    1) I setup gate and portal
    2) I start getting trained
    3) Shadowfury and try to fear or I howl
    4) If I'm lowish which I'm normally about 50% now, I Dark Regen + Healthstone
    5) Portal -> SB: Swap DoTs -> Burst Macro -> Swap -> Swap to get full duration DoTs
    6) Now I'm just running around Resolve when I need it but now I usually die...

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. My rogue can keep 1 of them off me for a bit but once they get stun DR they just train me till I die...

Any advice guys? I really like Lock but am having a REAL tough time with it...
    try abusing SB+port against melee teams. might seem like a small thing but 15s of snare/root immune + 70% speed (or whatever it is) will do wonders on cd. there's a cost of the shard ofc..but you being alive is >.

with a rogue though.. you should be playing destro so you can open with him out of conceal. you have to have pressure right from the opening or you just lose with that comp.

You're probably taking too much damage because of where you're standing. You can live a really long time against double DPS if you practice spacing out your health CD's, fears, port, gate, etc while not being in the middle of the map. Try to always be near a pillar and spam Curse of Exhaustion on melee (try glyphing it), especially to cover your gates/ports. Don't howl right before gating, etc. Remember that you get a fraction of your damage as healing through Soul Link and glyph of Corruption, and be aware that a lot of melee have hybrid damage that Twilight Ward (with set bonus) is very useful against.