Working from home?

Are there really jobs out there that allows you to work at home online? I'm guessing that the pay won't be top notch but still beats welfare probably.

Deleted
    yeah ofc you can work from home. I figure any office job can be done from home..

Deleted
    I can do everything I do here at the office, also at home. I just like to come to the office every now and then to mix things up a bit. I don't get paid any less due to where I work from.

Of course there are. As a programmer I can work from home almost as well as from the office - the only drawback is that we are working as a team, and it is much easier to communicate when I just have to go to the next office, which is why we rarely work from home. Where we work has no influence at all on our pay.

But I assume you are talking about those ads in magazines and newspapers where they offer fast money for online work. I can only talk about Germany here, but there were many reportages about them in the TV and magazines. 80% of those offers are scam (where you have to pay beforehand for working materials, but never see money) and the rest are jobs where you are hardly able to complete the assignments in double the time they pay you for it.

Deleted
    As a high-end retoucher and graphic designer I work from home all of the time.
    There are good things and bad things about it. To get to this stage I had to first go through many other jobs and position that were all 'office' based. Also, I don't think that working from home is for everybody, it is easy to get distracted by almost anything, and if you are an extravert - heavily outgoing person, you are likely to go mad.

But yeah, there are some jobs that allow you to work from home. As for pay, well it depends on what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.