Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Still takes a while, lots and lots of travel and if you listen to every word spoken it will probably take around 20-24 hours of playtime.
    I think that looks about right, but your experience will vary depending on how you try to overcome the gearing humps. If you have alts feeding you gear and don’t listen to the conversations for the quests, then you could probably rush through in around 16-18 hours.

In my case, I’ve spent more time on planets like Hoth or Belsavis in order to keep my gear (and that of my companion) a bit more up to date; I’ve also listened to every conversation, because I enjoy the story.

I’m looking at about 28-30 hours, at a guess, so you’re pretty much bang in the middle from what I can tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Stormbreaker View Post
    I think that looks about right, but your experience will vary depending on how you try to overcome the gearing humps. If you have alts feeding you gear and don’t listen to the conversations for the quests, then you could probably rush through in around 16-18 hours.

In my case, I’ve spent more time on planets like Hoth or Belsavis in order to keep my gear (and that of my companion) a bit more up to date; I’ve also listened to every conversation, because I enjoy the story.

I’m looking at about 28-30 hours, at a guess, so you’re pretty much bang in the middle from what I can tell.
    I'm lucky, since I played this game lots on release I had around 3 million credits on my main, so I am happily spending that money since I will never seriously play this game properly again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell the Stormbreaker View Post

Fastest I've managed was around 16 hours as a Jedi Guardian. That was listening to all conversations aswell or at least reading the Subtitles and space barring.

Also had lvl 10 speeder piloting and the Recruit a friend mount which is 110% speed regardless of speeder piloting.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Listening to all convos in full, no space bar, including gathering all nodes that were convenient, time on fleet or planets to train/gear up took me just over 24 hours. If you are space barring through everything, not leveling professions, I imagine you could halve the time.
    BAD WOLF

Man, I wish this was something that they just provided to subs all the time. I'd totally sub for a month or two to get this and level all the classes without dealing with repeating all the pointless side missions.

Though I'm still tempted to do this just to try to finish leveling at least a few character >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I wish this was something that they just provided to subs all the time. I'd totally sub for a month or two to get this and level all the classes without dealing with repeating all the pointless side missions.

Though I'm still tempted to do this just to try to finish leveling at least a few character >.<
    The current talk from the podcast is how they could add a 3% bonus to leveling experience attached to the class buffs.

4 class buffs and get the 12% exp bonus for class missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The current talk from the podcast is how they could add a 3% bonus to leveling experience attached to the class buffs.

I don't like that suggestion honestly. They are fully aware of how much people like this and you shouldn't have to earn it by level 4 times first. It should be a subscriber benefit that is toggleable. But something is better than nothing I guess.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 12 hours from level 13 to level 47 (sadly it's not enough XP to get to 50 by class quests) Sith Warrior Marauder. Only class quests.

Also about gear, I found out it's cheaper to buy orange gear with mods than mods themselves. A piece of gear will cost like ~10k depending on level (extraction costs apply though - but since it's not purple mods it's relatively cheap ~1k on 40+). You get armoring, mod and enhancement for just ~13k, while individually you would've spent 30k-100k

Don't upgrade fully every level, don't upgrade fully every planet. You can safely do two planets before upgrading fully. Just keep your (and companions) weapons (hilts/barrels) up to speed.

Don't waste commendations on low level mods (unless you don't plan to play on high level)

25% XP boosts WORK (which you get from class quests). I realized that after I did all the hard work, though. But at least I can spread the news.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't like that suggestion honestly. They are fully aware of how much people like this and you shouldn't have to earn it by level 4 times first. It should be a subscriber benefit that is toggleable. But something is better than nothing I guess.
    The problem with that is they tied it into pre-ordering the expansion. If they handed it out to all subscribers, there's no perk to buy the expansion. If all you're looking to do is level the actual class quests, you can do that without buying the expansion, in this particular scenario. While that is of some benefit to Bioware, it's not nearly as beneficial as tying it to the sale of 3.0.

I was listening to somebody on Twitch yesterday talking about how they just buy stuff for planetary comms, then turn around and sell it back before the 2 hours is up, recouping the comms and allowing them to buy higher level stuff. Seems pretty time consuming, but still a way to keep your gear updated.

If they sold an item that gave the same benefit, I'd be satisfied with that. I think they should think of a way to try and mitigate the whole gearing issue though, by increaing the number of credits or gear you get for completing the class stories that way people wouldn't be woefully undergeared everytime they changed planets.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    If they sold an item that gave the same benefit, I'd be satisfied with that. I think they should think of a way to try and mitigate the whole gearing issue though, by increaing the number of credits or gear you get for completing the class stories that way people wouldn't be woefully undergeared everytime they changed planets.
    They could also increase the drop rate of planetary comms on lower level planets.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

If they're going to do something like that, go the EQ2 route (not sure if they still do this or not) and give a flat 10% (or preferably more) bonus to experience account-wide for each character at max level, or hell, make it specific to class missions and bump it up even more.

Honestly, the side missions are what make me so unwilling to level up other characters, I just don't want to deal with mashing spacebar through all the non-planetary/class story quests over and over because I don't bloody care that something burned down your house and that's why I need to kill 10 of them, never to see you again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    The problem with that is they tied it into pre-ordering the expansion. If they handed it out to all subscribers, there's no perk to buy the expansion. If all you're looking to do is level the actual class quests, you can do that without buying the expansion, in this particular scenario. While that is of some benefit to Bioware, it's not nearly as beneficial as tying it to the sale of 3.0
    It's only tied to preordering until the expansion comes out. Then what? That's the time period I'm talking about. Their subscription provides very little value in comparison to other F2P games with that option and it's time they changed that. And even then, they could simply offer it as an expensive one time purchase for all I care.

The important part is just making it available to anyone who wants it for all time. I would pay $50 to keep that buff forever, but they'd probably get more money out of me if they added it to a subscription going forward. Really up to them how to maximize revenue on it, but the important part is giving the full 12% without making you have to grind out 'regular' leveling to get it. Seems counter productive.
    BAD WOLF

It's only tied to preordering until the expansion comes out. Then what? That's the time period I'm talking about. Their subscription provides very little value in comparison to other F2P games with that option and it's time they changed that. And even then, they could simply offer it as an expensive one time purchase for all I care.
    Well, then they get rid of it. I'm not so sure their subscription offers less value in comparison to other F2P games simply because their F2P option is so restricted. I'd like to see some kind of boost put onto the CM, personally. Maybe 1k CC for a character and 5-6k for an entire account.

Really up to them how to maximize revenue on it, but the important part is giving the full 12% without making you have to grind out 'regular' leveling to get it. Seems counter productive.
    I definitely agree with this. Doesn't seem to make sense that you have to level 4 different classes just to get a 12x increase in leveling for the other 4. Apparently, according to the NYC Cantina post from Dulfy, they've also talked about using some other Legacy unlock for it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It took me 12 hours from level 13 to level 47 (sadly it's not enough XP to get to 50 by class quests) Sith Warrior Marauder. Only class quests.
    What? I was level 53 before I even landed on Makeb on my Sith Juggernaut. Doing ONLY class missions. Maybe you should use those complimentary XP boosts they give you.

I'm probably going to level a couple or so toons on off servers just because it is so easy. Will help if something good comes up. I'd say pvp for comms, fp's asap. If you get the Oricon quest line, just get help to do the planetary quests and that should give you near a full set of gear.

Outside of that, fp's, fp's, fps'. There are typically some way overgeared players doing them. So doing some of the tacticals as well as the other 55's, should make it easy to get decent enough gear, then foll some sm ops. I'd also find a guild that runs when you want to play that toon, and that should make it easy to get some gears, esp if you run a sv of tfb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, I was 52 when I arrived in Makeb.

Strange, I was 47 at the beginning of Voss. Still it's much better to go to Makeb immediately after hitting 47 as gear is irrelevant there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose you could only be 47 by the time you get to Makeb if you a) weren't in a guild for the 10% XP boost, and b) didn't use any of the experience boosts you get along the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I'm listening to each conversation, hitting gathering nodes cuz OMG those mats sell insanely well at the moment (especially this week). But, just about every class quest turn in is a full level of xp. If you skip all of that, it goes much quicker. I've been doing breaks, as in doing 2-3 planets, switching to another toon 2-3 planets etc, this gives it a break, keeps it fresh enough, but more importantly, it gives my alts time to pump out mods (switched to roughly every 10 - 12 levels, with hilt/barrel every 4).

I used to do a lot of FP soloing for the decorations, but i've even put that aside to level, plus it is bounty week.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================