Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogo View Post
    And if I think about it deeply enough it'll shed a tear or two, no matter how older I will be or how much time has passed since that day
    And that is perfectly fine (as in: natural).

Like I said, a few years ago, my cat passed away too. She was 24, around 2 years older than I am. She came to us when we were around 3 years old, so basically, she lived together with us for as long as I can remember.
    Her death hit me really, really hard emotionally; and thinking about it oftentimes still makes me cry today. We didn't lose a pet back then - we lost a precious family member.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    And that is perfectly fine (as in: natural).

Like I said, a few years ago, my cat passed away too. She was 24, around 2 years older than I am. She came to us when we were around 3 years old, so basically, she lived together with us for as long as I can remember.
    Her death hit me really, really hard emotionally; and thinking about it oftentimes still makes me cry today. We didn't lose a pet back then - we lost a precious family member.
    That is exactly how I'm feeling. That I lost a family member. And living the experience myself, I can only agree and believe in what you've been through as I'll be experiencing it too in the near future. Best I can do is try to only remember the happy parts and the wonderful life she had as a whole, hopefully with a smile instead of an emotional tear though I got nothing against crying, it's all part of the natural ways we have to express grief and strong emotions.

My cat died when I was at Cedar Point. My parents said she had a seizure while they were giving her a bath but I think they had her put to sleep. She was having alot of medical issues. But she lived a long life. She was my minion.

Deleted
    Losing a pet always hurts. Just know that you did the right thing, allowing the cat to live any longer would have been inhumane. Really the best thing I can say, and it's not really advice, is that time heals everything. You'll be sad for a while, which is fine because you lost a beloved pet, but eventually it will pass. Hope you feel better.

I've had to put down three dogs in my lifetime. One got poisoned somehow (most likely our neighbors), another had cancer, and the last one had an infection in her eye that couldn't be helped. Suffice it to say that each time was just as heartbreaking as the last. I would feel like you for awhile, but eventually I'd feel better and move on.
    Last edited by mmocdf810d1583; 2014-10-09 at 09:34 PM.

Lost two of my old dogs (mixed breed, shelter rescue and chocolate lab) that I had to leave behind when I moved for work. They were too old to travel with me and were better off with my parents where they had 2 acres to run around. The worst part is that they both died within 6 months of each other. The first one died from a tumor that was pushing against her insides. Causing extreme pain. It was removable but the Vet only gave 2 months of life, so my parents put her down. The second dog had a tumor on his tale which was removed and they also removed his testicles due to some tests that they had done. Few months later he was put down as well due to a second larger tumor that could not be removed.

The worst part was that I missed my father's phone call from the Vet because I was traveling for work and was in a meeting. I took the second dog's death alot harder than the first one. Most likely from losing them within 6 months of each other. My aussie shepard, 3 years old, helped with me over the loss.

My condolences for your loss.