Poll: Do you think Blizzard stopped caring

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I don't think they've stopped caring, but I do not agree with many of the things they have been doing/saying. I think that since MoP, blizz has started to make some good decisions about the state of WoW as a whole, but with the amount of money they make, we should be getting more content. Plus, things like not updating the Brawler's guild, not adding cosmetic armor slots, scrapping zones/raids, etc. seems lazy. Furthermore, I'm really having a hard time understanding why people defend Blizz by saying they don't answer to us. They are a company and we are their customers; they should be answering to us (as a whole, not for everything).

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    2 months from now this conversation will be funny to look back on. When you realize that this expansion is fucking huge.

For now though, you might as well ask people if they like pie or cake, you will get a more interesting conversation.
    We'll see. A single raid tier expected to be added and a 1 year cycle to next expansion goal still on their plate makes me doubt this expansion can be that huge. Still just not seeing too much being put into this one, though I'm digging garrisons the more I see from it.

As to the thread...

Thread: Yes, I feel they are underperforming.
    Poll: No, I don't think they stopped caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Kotick OWNS 25% of Acti-Blizz. Mike Morhaime isn't shit, he sold his soul to the devil. Who is Bobby Kotick and Mike's boss. He has nowhere close to BILLIONS of dollars to buyout Activision. Much less Kotick's share.

Sorry, regardless if you want to admit it. Activision calls the shots. D3 auction house is a PRIME example of the shit Kotick likes to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Who was it BACKED by? Kotick. Which is why I went on to say,

Why is that? Like I said,

Because Kotick steers a ship with the direction of Money as a sail, rather than Innovation.

Sorry, if I was unclear, but I don't think I really can be clearer.

Uh yeah...sure he doesn't. Almost 6m in one year and a net worth of 1.8b.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/michael-morhaime/
    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ime-net-worth/
    Last edited by Cerus; 2014-10-10 at 10:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Unless there is some sort of measurable standard to which "they" are expected to perform...I don't see how this thread is anything but personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    We'll see. A single raid tier expected to be added and a 1 year cycle to next expansion goal still on their plate makes me doubt this expansion can be that huge. Still just not seeing too much being put into this one, though I'm digging garrisons the more I see from it.

As to the thread...

Thread: Yes, I feel they are underperforming.
    Poll: No, I don't think they stopped caring.
    I really dislike the garrisons feature it just seems like something i don't want to do. i sort of wish it wasn't a crucial part of gameplay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It is not "Outland looking different". That's utter garbage. It's not re-used assets. The only parts of it that are even remotely related are Nagrand and the concept behind the continent, as it takes place in the past. Everything else was designed fresh with all new assets.

Blizzard isn't underperforming. I'm not happy with the huge delay in the expansion but I'd rather have a stellar Warlords patch than see development time from there being pulled into making content for the expansion we're walking away from.
    What about waiting for a mediocre, half baked, feature lacking expansion. Personally I can't wait, and haven't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I really dislike the garrisons feature it just seems like something i don't want to do. i sort of wish it wasn't a crucial part of gameplay
    Then only do the quests, use it like a quest hub. Or do you dislike quest hubs too? Like with pet battles, there's no reason to get stuck into acquiring followers etc. if you don't want to, especially if you raid. Over time your garrison will level up slowly anyway, if you put effort into it or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do, with all the money we spend. It doesnt all go to WoW unfortunatly.

But now that they have dropped Titan, and are not focussing on a nother mmorpg. I hope they will do more to WoW.

I guess that they will do so, faster patches more content and u name it. Lets hope.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

when abyssal maw was skipped they started slacking, and been doing so ever since

No they aren't underperforming. I think some players massively underestimate how much work even goes into making such a behemoth of a software run smooth, stable and mostly bug-free while still adding the most important features or content. General rule of thumb: the larger the game gets, the harder it gets to still have everything work, even the really old content or features.
    Sure, they could speed up or add more content, but then quality would drastically decline. It would be like in some other MMO where the hardest part is fighting bugs and imbalances instead of doing the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Have they stopped caring?

No.

Are underperforming considering the amount of money they get from WoW?

Yes.
    This.

There should be next to no grind (timeless isle achievem. repetition madness) at this point of the game, more content (or way more, for achievem and all), yes.

Deleted
    I always laugh when I read about people discussing the "long term consequences" for a game that has been out for about a decade, all while they have been charging paid subscription. Why are people so frantic and desperate to find flaws in a game that has

Quote Originally Posted by Zabrinka View Post
    Are they making the best game they could possibly be making? Probably not. The competition isn't good enough to force them to do so. But that isn't really the standard by which they should be judged.

this is pretty much it. When you dont have any real competition there is nothing to force you to do your best. Humans are lazy by nature. If you can be the best using minimal effort why the hell use your full potential? But with upcoming games in 2015 like Everquest Next, Camelot Unchained (DAoC), and Shroud of the Avatar (Richard Garriott) they will have to step it up. Those are 3 of the best MMOs ever made and no way current WoW can match them unless they go all out. I know a lot of new MMOs that look awesome usually flop but those 3 are being put out by people who have had huge success in the past. They dont make the same mistakes newbie companies do because they have been there and know what the players want.

I don't think they're under performing, it's just that now they have more games to focus on than simply WoW.

In the 'glory days of Vanilla and BC', there wasn't the same amount of work (or none in comparison to today) put into other games such as

Hearthstone
    Heroes of the Storm
    StarCraft II
    Diablo III
    Titan (But that got scrapped)

So I think they're doing well considering how much games they're tackling at a time, however, you can't say they're performing their -best-, but they're not 'under performing' just yet.

Of course, it's much easier to go 'omg blizz u lazy, pls bring back glory days of BC'
    New season. Fun times.

" Who would of thought a small kid from Aberdeen, Washington, who was always labelled a B+ player, who would of thought that guy could of main evented Wrestlemania? Nobody. Nobody except ...you guys."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot expect them to just clap their hands and make a new Expansion appear every time you get bored of the current one.