Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

[Ret] 6.0 Patch (Lvl. 90) information goes here.

Go ahead and post everything ret paladins should know and explain why

Stat Priorities go here:

Any rotational differences go here:

Post 'em boys

Eye of Galakras is now horrible. Swap to Skeer's Talisman.

Sample profile stats:

strength=1294
    stamina=1663
    crit=384
    haste=957
    mastery=451
    Last edited by ujx; 2014-10-09 at 11:41 PM.

Deleted
    Why is Evil Eye horrible? It's working as intended again.

Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    Why is Evil Eye horrible? It's working as intended again.
    Because it's only 2% cooldown reduction now instead of 54%

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Because it's only 2% cooldown reduction now instead of 54%
    If you've been looking around the WoW forums, you'd know that this is a bug, and that 2% is the value at level 100 (After diminishing). It should still work as intended at lvl 90

EDIT: I double checked for confirmation, trinket works as intended
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2014-10-09 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    If you've been looking around the WoW forums, you'd know that this is a bug, and that 2% is the value at level 100 (After diminishing). It should still work as intended at lvl 90

EDIT: I double checked for confirmation, trinket works as intended
    Ok the disregard what I said.

Deleted
    Without the legendary cloak and the meta gem, mastery should be better than versatility like in wod, right ?

Is our stat priority the same for 6.0.2?

Any reason why haste and mastery are so stupid low compared to the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Because multi can crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Crit and multi are very synergistic so they come out ahead. Mastery is lowered because Blizzard hasn't corrected balance from before when Inquisition was still around, thus our holy damage in general is in an awkward spot.

Haste... Might not be so easily explained. It truly is terrible. I'm thinking weapon damage changes are part of it, but they certainly don't account for the whole thing.

It's interesting to see how low haste is for both ret and prot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post

Haste... Might not be so easily explained. It truly is terrible. I'm thinking weapon damage changes are part of it, but they certainly don't account for the whole thing.
    I thought haste was supposed to be bad at 100 with tier because we have so many procs filling up our rotation that lowering the cd wasn't *that* much of a benefit. But that doesn't explain why it would be so bad at 90.

Deleted
    Wait wait wait. How come haste is suddenly our lowest stat, and more importantly, how is ret gameplay going to feel like when we will be avoiding haste instead of stacking it?
    I absolutely love how Ret plays now, in SOO raid gear, when we have super fast GCD, and most of the time are GCD capped, often having multiple abilities ready.
    Also, I remember the fun times at start of MoP, when I was wearing dungeon blues, with very little haste, and was trying to kill those 600k HP mobs in Dread wastes for my dailys. It was fucking awful

I am not in Beta to test this personally, but I just checked Warlords talent calculator on Wowhead, and I still see Sanctity of Battle, I still see the long-ass cooldowns on all our abilities - 4.5 secs CS, 15 secs (just lol) on Exo, etc... Pretty much same as in Live. So what has changed?

So are we really going back to gameplay of press our 3 abilities, then afk and watch our toons auto attack? How in the nine hells did this pass the tuning? How come Rets in Beta are not screaming at devs to change it? This is looking like the reworked Arms spec for warriors and everyone hates it and calls it ultra boring, but at least warriors can falll back to Fury, which also has the Unquenchable thirst talent (removes CD on one of their main spam abilities), potentially making them GCD capped right off the bat, no haste needed.

Or is there something important I am not seeing in the big picture? I know we are getting our T16 4 set bonus baked into the spec as a perk, but is the occasional, RNG dependant free Divine Storm going to be enough to cover the huge gaps in sloooooow rotation?
    Last edited by mmoc498e172801; 2014-10-10 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Wait wait wait. How come haste is suddenly our lowest stat, and more importantly, how is ret gameplay going to feel like when we will be avoiding haste instead of stacking it?
    I absolutely love how Ret plays now, in SOO raid gear, when we have super fast GCD, and most of the time are GCD capped, often having multiple abilities ready.
    Also, I remember the fun times at start of MoP, when I was wearing dungeon blues, with very little haste, and was trying to kill those 600k HP mobs in Dread wastes for my dailys. It was fucking awful

I am not in Beta to test this personally, but I just checked Warlords talent calculator on Wowhead, and I still see Sanctity of Battle, I still see the long-ass cooldowns on all our abilities - 4.5 secs CS, 15 secs (just lol) on Exo, etc... Pretty much same as in Live. So what has changed?

So are we really going back to gameplay of press our 3 abilities, then afk and watch our toons auto attack? How in the nine hells did this pass the tuning? How come Rets in Beta are not screaming at devs to change it? This is looking like the reworked Arms spec for warriors and everyone hates it and calls it ultra boring, but at least warriors can falll back to Fury, which also has the Unquenchable thirst talent (removes CD on one of their main spam abilities), potentially making them GCD capped right off the bat, no haste needed.

Or is there something important I am not seeing in the big picture? I know we are getting our T16 4 set bonus baked into the spec as a perk, but is the occasional, RNG dependant free Divine Storm going to be enough to cover the huge gaps in sloooooow rotation?
    On the beta it almost feels like live. we have very little downtime if RNG smiles upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by Doodledoo View Post
    On the beta it almost feels like live. we have very little downtime if RNG smiles upon us...
    Bit of a big "IF" there considering all of our procs. But yeah, on average it seems our RNG fills out stuff that haste would normally do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Hmm, I dunno, maybe haste is low because the T16H default profile in wod-branch of SimC is gemming haste in basically every socket and has 55% raid buffed haste?

I am trying the alpha version of clcinfo, what is our rotation as retr spec. yes sorry haven't played in a while so I need some guidance rotation wise.

Thank you

Why can't people just say fucking Ret... One of my biggest pet peeves and annoyances is this Retri crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Hmm, I dunno, maybe haste is low because the T16H default profile in wod-branch of SimC is gemming haste in basically every socket and has 55% raid buffed haste?
    yah, that may fuck it up a bit..

I hope something is fucking the SimC up, idk how I feel about having a BiS of haste/mast gear and then have it become garbo in 4 days.

What I'm most curious about is if we should change our gemming for the patch. On the other thread I saw going full Strength tossed around, but don't recall anything backing it up. I'm sitting at just over 45% Haste and like 40.5% Mastery right now.