Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Survival Hunter "Rotation"

Hello!

Recently got back into WoW and I have gone Survival. I am not sure about my rotation. I have been doing

SS > ES > BA > Stampede > Rapid Fire > Crows then normal, but if I do it this way I don't have enough focus for crows so I have to shoot off a cobra shot. How do you guys normally start off your rotations?

Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Hello!

Recently got back into WoW and I have gone Survival. I am not sure about my rotation. I have been doing

SS > ES > BA > Stampede > Rapid Fire > Crows then normal, but if I do it this way I don't have enough focus for crows so I have to shoot off a cobra shot. How do you guys normally start off your rotations?

Cheers
    GT>ES>Stampede+RF>Crows>BA>SrS/Multi if ToTH and proc active)

I probably have more haste than you, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    GT>ES>Stampede+RF>Crows>BA>SrS/Multi if ToTH and proc active)

I probably have more haste than you, though.
    Hmm, interesting rotation..

10+ Year Old Account
    ES>Trinket/Racial>RF>Stampede>GT>BA>Crows>SS

Arc's rotation uses 135 focus in the first 4 globals (more like 5 1/2 since I assume he's pre-casting glaives). I believe base regen is 4 focus a second, to get that 15 extra focus in that 5 second window you'd need 7 focus a second, or about 75% haste.

So, basically, you need to get lucky. Or have Bloodlust on the pull. Or push Rapid Fire up a GCD with ES (6 fp3s). Or use Fervor/DB to get that extra regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is my rotation on point though?

Your rotation is fine. I'd go more with Arc's personally, if I played SV and had to haste to manage it. But the key to SV is always to put ES on CD ASAP, and to do it before BA. Delaying Crows the extra 1.5s to cast CoS isn't a big deal - it loses you maybe some precious seconds of a trinket proc, but SV isn't really about opening burst anyways. It's probably the best you can manage at lower haste levels.

Though I might push SrS later and replace it with GT in the first spot. GT has double the chance to proc trinkets, and if you're running ToTH, you can get an MS+SrS for 20 focus (as opposed to just SrS for 15 focus) a little later in the rotation. Basically, exactly Arcanimus's rotation, with an adjustment to push crows after BA and maybe even CoS if you need the focus to cast it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty undergeared so I have no idea what trinket's you're referring to. I have timeless isle gear lol.

Deleted
    I don't think It's a good idea to delay BA as much as in Arc's opener. Swap the Crows/BA around there. Also, something I used to do would be to open as GT > Explosive shot > BA > Stampede > Crows > SS, but if my AoC proc'd I would move Stampede to the front of the priority.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think It's a good idea to delay BA as much as in Arc's opener. Swap the Crows/BA around there. Also, something I used to do would be to open as GT > Explosive shot > BA > Stampede > Crows > SS, but if my AoC proc'd I would move Stampede to the front of the priority.

As much as we can debate about it though, opening as SV doesn't matter as much as BM in all honestly.

Oh and AoC = Assurance of Consequence. The cooldown reduction trinket from Sha of Pride.

I'm pretty undergeared so I have no idea what trinket's you're referring to. I have timeless isle gear lol.
    It wasn't in reference to a particular trinket, just the general idea that you want to line up your big CDs (AMoC) with your trinket procs, which always proc at the beginning of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    May I ask why I leave Serpent Sting last? I mean, wouldn't it be wise to get the DoT's ticking at the start of a fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    May I ask why I leave Serpent Sting last? I mean, wouldn't it be wise to get the DoT's ticking at the start of a fight?
    Because the other abilities before it either do more damage or indirectly do more damage by feeding procs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should be doing: GT > ES > BA > Stampede + Rapid Fire > Crows > SS?

I would do ES+Rapid Fire, just to get the 6 focus per 3 seconds going, since the main benefit of RF in the opener is focus regen. But other than that, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks!

I made a macro to cast es+rf at the same time

Alright, thanks!

I made a macro to cast es+rf at the same time
    Don't. Keep Rapid Fire on a separate bind.

Anyway, my opener has been: GT(pre-combat, ~2 sec before pull)>aMoC > BA > RF+Stampede > ES > CS > SrS.

Using ES as one of the first abilities is pointless since it doesn't proc trinkets/LMG/Scope enchant, so I've found it to be better to save it for later when you are guaranteed to have trinkets up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Don't. Keep Rapid Fire on a separate bind.
    May I ask why?

I also have another question, should I be using Dire Beast or Toth
    Last edited by Quirin; 2014-09-28 at 01:04 AM.

Generally you want to get in the good habit of popping RF on CD, and macroing it to ES can lead to a delay if you just hit ES and 1s later RF is coming off CD. Any ability which you should be popping on CD should be on its own keybind, anything you want to line up with something else, it's generally okay to macro to other abilities.

For SV, use ToTH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically everything Alth said. Listen to the man

Deleted
    May I ask why?

I also have another question, should I be using Dire Beast or Toth
    Toth. You can also use Fervor on fights such as Iron juggernaut/Malkorok. Oh and Thok/Immerseus as well if you aren't doing Heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Basically everything Alth said. Listen to the man
    hi bae o/