Quote Originally Posted by dragonki69 View Post
    Sorry, what meta bug are you speaking of? Should I not be casting SF in meta at 90?
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...08243004239872
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestalon
    However, there is one known issue with it: Soul Fire is being doubly nerfed in Metamorphosis. This is a *bug* and will be fixed soon.

Okay, i know it was 48 seconds only so i really shouldn't care but lol top dmg was my doomguard..http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=8

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    If I have a steak dinner in front of me, a lobster dinner in front of me, and a piece of bread in front of me, which ones look the most appealing to eat?
    That depends, Are you allergic to Shellfish or a Vegetarian?

Deleted
    I feel the need to ask this, but what is the real stat priority for demonology?
    Every site I go to has different gems listed, mr.robot says go full haste, other sites say crit and haste, and I'm confused.
    Here it says master and int, so which gems should I go for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    You mean brought not bring in the case of warlocks.
    Healthstones are crap
    Demonic Gateway is a joke
    What exactly are we bringing aside from dps? Not even a good cc.
    Mobile DPS? On demand burst? Are you kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by raythelightning View Post
    I feel the need to ask this, but what is the real stat priority for demonology?
    Every site I go to has different gems listed, mr.robot says go full haste, other sites say crit and haste, and I'm confused.
    Here it says master and int, so which gems should I go for?
    Everyone is "different" because it's all relative to you gear. In general for right now I'd say go for Int > Multistrike > Mastery > Crit >= Haste.

Was not able to play demo before the nerfs hit so I dusted it off for the first time tonight. Tried it out in (lol)mythic tonight and I can't tell for sure if I'm doing something wrong. My pet and my doomguard is my most damage done on some tries (http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=18). Last time I played demo was in ToT and I think I did fine there. People mentioned Soul Fire being bugged and yeah I noticed the spell being awful so I tried to stay away from it. The spec seems extremely disappointing especially on AoE since they removed all meta abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any news on the SF hotfix, I feel like it's fixed tbh but want more confirmation.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 100% missed the "AHMERGASH SKY IS FALLING" pre-expansion panic . Hell, I missed my fellow warlocks in general.

But I'm baaaaaaccckkkk!!!!!

If anyone remembers, anyway . I am glad Woz took over. He's one of the locks I log-stalked when I was trying to get better, and him putting together a guide is far, far less time consuming than reading over logs for hours at a time.

One suggestion, may be helpful, may not be (And possibly entirely off base, I still haven't started setting up my UI after a year + out of game), we had a weakauras area at some point on the forums, and I was thinking we could throw some useful or commonly used WA strings in the bottom of the guide somewhere under some spoiler headings, and as others come up, or helpful timers for certain bosses come up we can continue sharing that more for demo locks specifically, or even all locks if we have the room (and you have the time). We used to do that in several different pages on the lock forums, but I'm thinking it'd be more helpful for us demons if we kept the good ones right here.

Assuming weakauras is still a thing. I'm addon-ing this weekend for about 12 hours at least. I'm not looking forward to it.

Edit: So right after I typed that, guess what thread popped right to the top of the list? Yeah.......so, great guide, looking forward to more! I'll leave you with that.
    Last edited by Medieve; 2014-10-22 at 11:16 PM.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

In 586 live soulfire is still hitting like a flirting cheerleader. Seems like its better used as a DF generator than spender right now (for what its worth in lvl 90 content). Fast to nerf, tiers/seasons to fix, classic blizz. Honestly I wouldn't expect a fix until we get the lvl 100 rebalance pass or thereabouts. Even with meta soulfire restored the spec still took such a kick in the nuts I'm not sure that will save it.

That said, what is the consensus on leveling specs? Demo leap, the ToC's, a pet with charge not just "slightly faster than our walk speed run in" of all the other pets, multi target corr/hog or cw/felstorm does present some logical options. What is everyone planning to level as? Destro has less ramp up but is an immobile turret (would still use it for 5 mans). Aff maybe for the SB:SS/haunt DS to refill SS but anyone else notice killing something with drain soul on it no longer refills our shards as of 6.0? If they would fix that then aff would probably be a goto. Demo with its imps and mobility seems like not an awful leveling spec even if its overnerfed presently in terms of raw raid numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Any news on the SF hotfix, I feel like it's fixed tbh but want more confirmation.
    It's not fixed, just tested.
    Expected damage = 0.816*0.8*[SpellPower]*[crit_multiplier]*[1+mastery]*[1+critchance]*[1+meta mastery]
    With my stats without PBoI: 0.816*0.8*2383*2*1.2651*1.2730*1.5303 = 7667.87
    But it does 6135 damage in game. 7667.86*0.8 = 6134.14, so it reduces another 20% in metamorphosis. It's kinda funny since it hits 5012 in caster form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    It's not fixed, just tested.
    Expected damage = 0.816*0.8*[SpellPower]*[crit_multiplier]*[1+mastery]*[1+critchance]*[1+meta mastery]
    With my stats without PBoI: 0.816*0.8*2383*2*1.2651*1.2730*1.5303 = 7667.87
    But it does 6135 damage in game. 7667.86*0.8 = 6134.14, so it reduces another 20% in metamorphosis. It's kinda funny since it hits 5012 in caster form.
    Solid, thanks for the data.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    That said, what is the consensus on leveling specs? Demo leap, the ToC's, a pet with charge not just "slightly faster than our walk speed run in" of all the other pets, multi target corr/hog or cw/felstorm does present some logical options. What is everyone planning to level as? Destro has less ramp up but is an immobile turret (would still use it for 5 mans). Aff maybe for the SB:SS/haunt DS to refill SS but anyone else notice killing something with drain soul on it no longer refills our shards as of 6.0? If they would fix that then aff would probably be a goto. Demo with its imps and mobility seems like not an awful leveling spec even if its overnerfed presently in terms of raw raid numbers.
    Idk if it's the correct thread to discuss this but I'd go with destro + GoSup (maybe GoSac first few levels) for sure, assuming you are fully mythic geared, you will close to 1 shot everything you touch and can pull massive packs at a time. Dots are next to useless while leveling outside of "bosses" and afflis "new" Soul Swap is way too inefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    Idk if it's the correct thread to discuss this but I'd go with destro + GoSup (maybe GoSac first few levels) for sure, assuming you are fully mythic geared, you will close to 1 shot everything you touch and can pull massive packs at a time. Dots are next to useless while leveling outside of "bosses" and afflis "new" Soul Swap is way too inefficient.

could probably be GoSac for the entire way through, to be honest. Destro is definitely the way to go though. Chaos Bolt into Shadowburn will shred mobs, not to mention Rain of Fire seems to be the strongest out of the 3 specs AE abilities (immo aura / SoC).
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Tramzh View Post
    GoSup Demo

I am planning on running this...
    1-3-2-2-1-2

Talents
    I plan on abusing Burning Rush, which will eat through absorbs first (SacPact). Dark Regeneration paired with Healthstones will give me 40-100k heals on a 2 min cd.
    T2 I was not sure about, I chose the talent that won't cause mobs to run around and grab all there buddies while also giving me some AoE cc ability (Wrathstorm)
    GoSup will give my pet more dmg and as I plan on letting him do most the killing anyways, that works perfect
    KJC will let me keep moving between packs or kite if need be

Glyphs
    Soul Consumption - Only drawback is you have to get the KB, not your felguard, might switch out with Drain Life if results are lackluster
    Healthstone - Double the healing adds sustain
    Demon Training - Wrathguard will be taking most of the damage and Health Funnel is % based

Health Funnel - Never have to Stop to Heal Wrathguard, also with abuse of SacPac so i can BR healthfunnel becomes important
    Falling Meteor - No Fall Damage is Appealing in a world with no flying mounts
    Eye Of Kilrogg - Lets me place down portal, possibly skipping packs is appealing
    * I would take Nightmare if I didn't have water strider for water walking

I am going for something to this effect...
    Youtube WoD Power Leveling 90 - 100 ( Beta ) Part 4

I can't post links yet...

Quote Originally Posted by atroxed View Post
    Rain of Fire seems to be the strongest out of the 3 specs AE abilities (immo aura / SoC).
    Keep in mind, a lot of the Demo spec AoE is pet based. With pet damage so high those Cleaves and Wrathstorms are nothing to sneeze at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if people noticed it, but the datamining from the last build has Demo 2P and 4P bonuses switching places.

Deleted
    Speaking of demo set bonuses, how does "Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed." this work? What's the duration and what does that mean? Does your shadowbolt turn into ToC etc.. and does it cost fury or mana?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esatikkane View Post
    Speaking of demo set bonuses, how does "Hand of Gul'dan has a 50% chance empower your inner demon, temporarily bringing your Metamorphosis form out even while you are not transformed." this work? What's the duration and what does that mean? Does your shadowbolt turn into ToC etc.. and does it cost fury or mana?
    Think of the T12 2pc (http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=1008), it's functionally the same and entirely passive.

Deleted
    It creates a projection that just casts a few soul fires before despawning. Kinda like a mega wild imp.