The artifacts will work somewhat similarly to the legendary quest lines of the past 2 expansions where there's a leap forward in power each tier, this time in the form of a new relic slot. Also since the relics are what give the weapon its item level, it's needed anyway so that you can quickly jump up to the next tier of gear with a single relic instead of having to replace all of them right away.

Speaking of artifacts, it's worth mentioning again that the artifact traits (which apparently significantly change gameplay judging by the Aff Lock ones shown at Blizzcon) still are not in the build to be datamined.

What just is a mistweaver? I think Blizzard didn't even properly answer this when they talked about the lore in the class preview. Even then there was a subtle Jab(heh) that MWs heal differently than other healers, now we're resto druids.

I think a better fix is to revert the SooM change and allow more mist-spells to be cast during SooM, and that casting instant spells through SooM provides you a stacking healing buff which you can use on things like Refreshing Jade Wind. We are literally weaving the mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    What just is a mistweaver? I think Blizzard didn't even properly answer this when they talked about the lore in the class preview. Even then there was a subtle Jab(heh) that MWs heal differently than other healers, now we're resto druids.

I think a better fix is to revert the SooM change and allow more mist-spells to be cast during SooM, and that casting instant spells through SooM provides you a stacking healing buff which you can use on things like Refreshing Jade Wind. We are literally weaving the mists.
    There's not much difference between that and a chi cost for RJW.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

I have read some stuff about MW soaking fire on Mythic Archimonde but nothing thorough enough. Can someone explain clearly how to deal with this ability the cleanest way? Maybe someone has a video I can watch? Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Manadar View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have read some stuff about MW soaking fire on Mythic Archimonde but nothing thorough enough. Can someone explain clearly how to deal with this ability the cleanest way? Maybe someone has a video I can watch? Thank you very much for your help.
    Use Diffuse Magic after Allure goes out and stand in the fire to soak it all up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello everyone,

Always have a CD while soaking, (even Life Cocoon can be useful for soaking!). Place your Statue closer to yourself so the statue healing only heals you and the other soaker. Make sure you're getting external help such as beacon or Power Word:Barrier to help with soaking.

If you're still having issues, the leech trinket will help a lot with your survivability.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-11-26 at 01:45 AM.

Hello everyone,

Here you go, these are my soaks on our kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q8Lvv1c738
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2015-11-26 at 02:18 AM.

Hello everyone,

1. Pre cast an EM while you're next to a fire (or soaked one stack or two)
    2. Pick up all of them while EM is still ticking (pop a CD while picking them up, either DM / Cocoon + Fort Brew, or externals)
    3. Stand still and SooM + Surging Mist until you get enough Chi to refresh your EM
    4. Leech trinket does help a lot

Know when to pick up fire, and how to pick them up in the fastest way, so that you can stand still and heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    when monks become playable i'll do a lot of testing and can feedback to geodew so he can go HAM with spreadsheets
    Yeah, please let the logs roll in. And speaking of spreadsheets, tonight, I started working on a template for a spreadsheet for Legion that I'm pretty excited about. #Tease

It's nothing revolutionary really, but I'm happy because I've been meaning to do this for a while for live servers. The new expansion gives me more motivation because I know my work will be useful for longer.

Slightly off-topic of Monks, but important: Are there any real theorycrafters for other healing specs? Spreadsheet wizards or anything? Besides Hamlet and (sort of) Dayani, anyway.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-11-26 at 09:08 AM.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Yeah, please let the logs roll in. And speaking of spreadsheets, tonight, I started working on a template for a spreadsheet for Legion that I'm pretty excited about. #Tease

It's nothing revolutionary really, but I'm happy because I've been meaning to do this for a while for live servers. The new expansion gives me more motivation because I know my work will be useful for longer.

Slightly off-topic of Monks, but important: Are there any real theorycrafters for other healing specs? Spreadsheet wizards or anything? Besides Hamlet and (sort of) Dayani, anyway.
    Yes every other healer spec has an amazing theorycrafter, and you don't need to look into any other spec.

Please don't leave us we need you.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post

errr... well hamlet is working at blizzard now too so druids are kind of out for that as no ones quite sure if he can keep going with his stuff because of that, although he really modeled stuff for every class really, other than that, some of the droods from top guilds like alzu and stuff post their personal math in various places, I occasionally post my math there too, but I never really do anything complete or put a lot of time into stuff

it's not that big of a deal since most theory-crafting for droods and holy priests (really most healers in general) is just overhealing and hpm though, so it's overall pretty basic. after that it's mostly just about figuring out at how much of a stat does a weaker stat start to have similar value, which is also pretty basic assuming your class doesn't have an absurd crit/proc mechanic or mastery

mw will be in that boat too probably with chi going away unless the new mastery is really highly tuned and becomes the top stat with mastery>haste>crit mw's or some class gets a really zany tier bonus

I really hope he at least keeps healcalcs up to date, it's really fast way to measure spell outputs and check hp/m and I know nothing about computers because I work with dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    errr... well hamlet is working at blizzard now too so druids are kind of out for that as no ones quite sure if he can keep going with his stuff because of that, although he really modeled stuff for every class really, other than that, some of the droods from top guilds like alzu and stuff post their personal math in various places, I occasionally post my math there too, but I never really do anything complete or put a lot of time into stuff

it's not that big of a deal since most theory-crafting for droods and holy priests (really most healers in general) is just overhealing and hpm though, so it's overall pretty basic. after that it's mostly just about figuring out at how much of a stat does a weaker stat start to have similar value, which is also pretty basic assuming your class doesn't have an absurd crit/proc mechanic or mastery

mw will be in that boat too probably with chi going away unless the new mastery is really highly tuned and becomes the top stat with mastery>haste>crit mw's or some class gets a really zany tier bonus

I really hope he at least keeps healcalcs up to date, it's really fast way to measure spell outputs and check hp/m and I know nothing about computers because I work with dead people.
    He said he's not going to maintain HealCalcs publicly and that anyone is welcome to take over.

Personally I think stat weights are very useful for decisively deciding between two pieces of gear, taking into account all possible factors at once without forgetting about anything. Healers have survived forever without real stat weights, but I'd argue Mistweavers can be at least a few percents more optimal than other healers by using my stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Yes every other healer spec has an amazing theorycrafter, and you don't need to look into any other spec.

Please don't leave us we need you.
    Not why I'm asking. I don't see myself switching specs atm.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-11-26 at 11:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to throw this out there since I am trying to get an early start on updating SimC; I noticed a few things about the Mistweaver kit from the backend of things.

a) The old Teachings of the Monastery and Mana Meditation have been rolled into a new "passive" called "Mistweaver Monk." Before this spell id was used for hotfixes for Mistweavers.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=137024/mistweaver-monk

b) new Teachings of the Monastery affects the melee dps side of Mistweavers
    Teachings of the Monastery

c) Spirit regeneration in combat is gone from the looks of it

d) Based on the Mistweaver Monk passive, it looks like Rising Sun Kick will have either a 4 second cooldown or a 12 second cooldown for Mistweavers compared to 8 seconds for Windwalker Monks. One of the spell effects lists that it modifies the cooldown of Rising Sun Kick by 4 seconds and I'm not sure at this time if it is a subtraction or an addition. Gut feeling is that it is an addition (12 second cooldown) to help the flow of TP -> RSK -> TP -> BoK (proc) -> TP -> RSK
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-11-26 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Just to throw this out there since I am trying to get an early start on updating SimC; I noticed a few things about the Mistweaver kit from the backend of things.

a) The old Teachings of the Monastery and Mana Meditation have been rolled into a new "passive" called "Mistweaver Monk." Before this spell id was used for hotfixes for Mistweavers.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=137024/mistweaver-monk

b) new Teachings of the Monastery affects the melee dps side of Mistweavers
    Teachings of the Monastery

c) Spirit regeneration in combat is gone from the looks of it

d) Based on the Mistweaver Monk passive, it looks like Rising Sun Kick will have either a 4 second cooldown or a 12 second cooldown for Mistweavers compared to 8 seconds for Windwalker Monks. One of the spell effects lists that it modifies the cooldown of Rising Sun Kick by 4 seconds and I'm not sure at this time if it is a subtraction or an addition. Gut feeling is that it is an addition (12 second cooldown) to help the flow of TP -> RSK -> TP -> BoK (proc) -> TP -> RSK
    is tiger palms damage going to be closer to blackout kicks, or is blackout kick going to have a cd? just wondering why we wouldnt just only use blackout kick seeing as how we no longer have chi. i see a blackout kick with a 3 second cd, and one with no cd, so im not sure.

Deleted
    Muscle Memory without 1s GCD and less damage buff, will certainly be fun

tbh i'm okay with just afking when im not healing

makes dungeons far easier.

ReM on tank > go afk for 20 seconds

the dream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    tbh i'm okay with just afking when im not healing

makes dungeons far easier.

ReM on tank > go afk for 20 seconds

the dream
    ReM -> 1 Effuse -> /follow -> AFK

Edit:

tfw this would actually work for most dmg:

http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/77472-healing-wave = 300% sp a second

http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#GDAq

1 effuse + afk with statue down = 320% sp a sec while moving with follow
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2015-11-26 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reglitch with the pro strats

Well that is exactly what happens when they take away casting other spells while Soothing Mist is running. It's either enough healing, in which case you sit there doing nothing, or it's not enough healing, in which case it's irrelevant because it never actually is being channeled.

It's kind of like they forgot why Surging + EM casting was enabled while channeling in the first place.

Just noticed the wording on Resuscitate means its now Mass-Res?
    Beta: http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/115178-resuscitate
    Returns all dead party members to life with 35% of maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.
    Live: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/115178-resuscitate
    Returns the spirit to the body, restoring a dead target to life with 35% of maximum health and mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.