Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's mostly that the DPS Crane can provide is basically the only reason to keep a MW around instead of replacing them with a Druid or a Shaman of equal skill. If your personal situation doesn't cause that to ever be a problem then good for you, but in the grand scheme of things a MW that never goes into Crane to provide damage is categorically less useful than a Druid or Shaman right now.
    Agreed, the output from fistweaving is nothing to sneeze at, HPS and DPS wise.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's mostly that the DPS Crane can provide is basically the only reason to keep a MW around instead of replacing them with a Druid or a Shaman of equal skill. If your personal situation doesn't cause that to ever be a problem then good for you, but in the grand scheme of things a MW that never goes into Crane to provide damage is categorically less useful than a Druid or Shaman right now.
    mistweavers are stronger than resto druids right now imo even w/o crane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    mistweavers are stronger than resto druids right now imo even w/o crane.
    ^ correct, although I hope people don't get the idea of "I don't have to use crane because i'm the second best throughput healer anyway" out of your statement .

Eh, I haven't seen a single situation in BRF where overall raid HPS throughput matters whatsoever (at least after the Gruul nerf, although I never did see Blast Furnace before the ilvl buff). As long as you have the proper roles filled (your Disc Priest, Holy Paladin, and 2 others, preferably of different classes) your roster should be able to handle any healing situation. At that point, healers are brought for what they can do outside of HPS, which typically falls into CDs (Shamans), utility (Stampeding Roar's value is kind of dictated by how many other Druids you already have, if 1 or none another one is incredibly good) and DPS (MW).

This is why I used the word "useful" and not "powerful." We've had this argument literally dozens of times at this point so I'm not going to go into it again. The gist is that the healing specs that aren't Disc and Holy Paladin are fairly well balanced such that each has their uses and are good at specific things. If you throw away the things that you're good at because you don't feel like doing them, then that generally makes the others more useful. If a player is fine with that then that's just how it is, but it should be understood that there's no rationalizing your way out of not doing something because you don't like it. If you're okay with not being as useful and find that an acceptable price for avoiding things you'd rather not do, then that's about all there really is to say on the subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really total hps is the reason why I think Mw > druid atm. It's the way we do our healing is generally superior atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    It's not really total hps is the reason why I think Mw > druid atm. It's the way we do our healing is generally superior atm.
    yep, and it's a lot easier to revival than it is to tranq in most fights (even with aotf).

when fox is removed, damn tranq is gonna be hard to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Mrr? Second deforester you mean? First one is right after the first set of adds spawn, which is like 10 sec into the fight.

Yeh my bad. I forgot about the first one, with it being meh and all. I usually revival the bellows there in crane and then revival is back for the 2nd man at arms.

Now. Everyone gather, and watch me back peddle my dick off from 100 pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumashy View Post
    I really don't get the whole "we must fistweave given the opportunity to be optimal" mentality to be completely honest with you.

It essentially trades overhealing for damage when used at the right times. So long as other healers aren't burning extra mana to compensate for you then you are optimising your raids output as a whole with a direct trade up of Overhealing -> Damage. On thogar right now I'm doing 2% of total raid damage (4% total boss damage) on good pulls using PoM. And come to think of it I've been slacking off with ToD big time. This is having no negative effect on healing aside from (maybe) that I could have prevented the odd freak death. Assuming you use it correctly (as a filler), that is.

If I stopped fistweaving the first 30-40% of the fight. The average healing requirement per second would still be 160k per second for the fight. That can't change. So all that happens when you do 100% serpent in that situation is the overhealing meter goes up and damage goes down.

But if its not progress I guess it doesnt matter. We did darmac this week and I just stood spamming my dick off. Over an 8 minute fight my raw output was 115k per second. It's not like you lack output when you stop fistweaving it's fucking monstrous once you get some spirit.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&options=8

the way we do our healing is generally superior atm.
    They're still less RNGish though :>. Everything except WG has a higher degree of control than the MW system. Sexy 4 set goes live and it won't be the case anymore though. You can't count that out. With a druid, the player on 30% receives more healing than the player on 60%.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-04-18 at 07:53 PM.

This was discussed briefly a few pages back, but after trying for DPS ranks a few weeks back on some bosses, I'm pretty sure that 2 crane PoM MWs > 1 heal + 1 DPS. You get an extra raid CD and arguably more healing, and more DPS too.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still less RNGish though :>. Everything except WG has a higher degree of control than the MW system. Sexy 4 set goes live and it won't be the case anymore though. You can't count that out. With a druid, the player on 30% receives more healing than the player on 60%.
    Generally meaningless atm. Only really matters tbh on gruul.

Deleted
    Generally meaningless atm. Only really matters tbh on gruul.

In a void where people do mechanics perfectly it only matters on Gruul. In real life where people get hit by mechanics, it's a relevant advantage on every boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    In a void where people do mechanics perfectly it only matters on Gruul. In real life where people get hit by mechanics, it's a relevant advantage on every boss
    Maybe if rejuv or swiftmend were impactful spells I would agree with you. This 'advantage' certainly doesn't make up for the burst powers/dps Monk bring over resto druids.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-04-19 at 07:34 AM.

I'm more concerned about how spiky damage will be next tier with no changes. We came from ilvl 630 to ~705 and now ~735. Stamina is linear and isn't keeping up with the multiplicative synergy of int/crit/ms/haste/mastery/spirit. So they have to make damage more spiky to challenge healers, which doesn't favor MW.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    So i'm kinda confused...

I have the following weapons:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113904 (Mythic Warforged) 1H 706
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113934 (Mythic) 1H 700
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113639 (Mythic Warforged) 2H 691

But i'm so confused, because our passive Tiger Strikes and Way of the Monk really works good with 2H AND Tiger Strikes gives only 6% chance on 1Handers...

So what would be best for Fistweaving with PoM?

Quote Originally Posted by Mywiddledoge View Post
    So i'm kinda confused...

I have the following weapons:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113904 (Mythic Warforged) 1H 706
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113934 (Mythic) 1H 700
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/113639 (Mythic Warforged) 2H 691

But i'm so confused, because our passive Tiger Strikes and Way of the Monk really works good with 2H AND Tiger Strikes gives only 6% chance on 1Handers...

So what would be best for Fistweaving with PoM?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The tooltip for Tiger Strikes is incorrectly stating that the chance for it to activate is 6.25% while dual-wielding. The actual chance is 5% (and has been since Warlords of Draenor released). The tooltip will be corrected in a future patch.
    (emphasis added)

AFAIK it's 10% for both 2H and 1H for Mistweaver. Either way, go for the item level (706) because of all the spellpower, which gets converted into attack power while in Crane. The only exception may be Fang of the Earth because of its 1.60 swing speed.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    You should stop looking at tiger strikes and realise what a massive increase weapons and spell power give you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I'm more concerned about how spiky damage will be next tier with no changes. We came from ilvl 630 to ~705 and now ~735. Stamina is linear and isn't keeping up with the multiplicative synergy of int/crit/ms/haste/mastery/spirit. So they have to make damage more spiky to challenge healers, which doesn't favor MW.
    Also doesn't really favor any healer that's not hpal/rshaman/disc priest.

We should be fine due to RJW/t18 4pc. Probably going to do equally as well as resto druid/hpriest in this enivronment of bursty raid damage.

At least we can do damage!!!
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-04-20 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    Int+MS blackhand, or Spirit Blackhand? What's your second trinket?
    Sorry it took me so long to respond back to this
    Blast Furnace trink

Also doesn't really favor any healer that's not hpal/rshaman/disc priest.

We should be fine due to RJW/t18 4pc. Probably going to do equally as well as resto druid/hpriest in this enivronment of bursty raid damage.

At least we can do damage!!!
    I don't think RShamans had very good Mastery "uptime" in SoO, according to hearsay I heard at the time. Why do you say RShams? And HPallies have less absorbs now, too. So really it'll probably be Disc dominating the hardest if things get significantly burstier. Lol, as if that's news.

And if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about, wait til you get to Mythic Kromog. Stone Breath takes the whole raid from 100% to <10% in like 6 seconds, and happens somewhat often. It's no Thok, I suppose, but for current healer capabilities, it's getting pretty close to strongly emphasizing burst over total throughput, and will only be worse with next tier's Mythic bosses. That's why I say we'll probably have to favor MS/Haste just for sheer burst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kickingcan40 View Post
    Sorry it took me so long to respond back to this
    Blast Furnace trink
    Kinda depends on the boss. You probably only want 1 static Spirit trinket (either one really, ms for sustained or haste for burst) for most fights, but double spirit trinkets for blast furnace and blackhand, maybe Kromog too if your gear is bad or carrying co-healers a bit.

What do you think about the trinket class ?
    Soothing Mist also heals allies around the target for 15% of the primary target.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not good for PoM. 100% mandatory if you ever want to use Chi Ex.