Deleted
    it's less than 5%, multristrikes don't benefit from debuff

but going back to my question

279 spirit (avg spirit gain from winged hourglass) vs 42 int 159 crit (runic alarm stats)

why is this a good trade

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    but going back to my question

279 spirit (avg spirit gain from winged hourglass) vs 42 int 159 crit (runic alarm stats)

why is this a good trade
    So 279 Spirit is 115 mana per second.

With, say 1500 Spirit already, you regenerate 640 mana per sec (base) plus 618 mana/sec from that Spirit (1258 total). Adding the extra 279 Spirit then would be a 9.14% increase in total mana regeneration. Maybe we'll be generous and call 42 Int and 159 Crit a 2% throughput increase.

I don't have first hand experience with MW at 100 anymore, but I know from the numbers that you'd have to basically always have mana to do whatever you want for a 2% throughput increase to outweigh having 9% more mana to work with.

There's also the fact that if you're weighing Spirit as less than 72% of the value of Int/Crit (i.e. if you're saying the latter > the former), there would be no point to having it on any of your gear since it replaces another secondary stat one for one. So the real question is why would you ever have any Spirit on your gear at that point?

I have a question as to why Multistrike is favored over Crit. Preferably some numbers to support it as well. I don't believe Jade Mists outweighs the fact that crit is such a prominent tool for MW monk mana regen, especially in comparison to other healing classes that purely only benefit from the small amount of spirit that is present on cloak, rings, trinkets. The numbers seem to put multistrike = crit and personally I feel the mana regen from crit will be more necessary as pool of mists is already giving us a great way to keep RM up on mythic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronux View Post
    I have a question as to why Multistrike is favored over Crit. Preferably some numbers to support it as well. I don't believe Jade Mists outweighs the fact that crit is such a prominent tool for MW monk mana regen, especially in comparison to other healing classes that purely only benefit from the small amount of spirit that is present on cloak, rings, trinkets. The numbers seem to put multistrike = crit and personally I feel the mana regen from crit will be more necessary as pool of mists is already giving us a great way to keep RM up on mythic.
    No. If you need more mana regen, prefer spirit to crit. Crit has a very low mana regen compared to spirit. I think MS is the most important stat to help you get more chi.

Curious what you guys think about Sandman's Pouch and if anyone can verify it procs for Mistweavers in Serpent Stance. I picked up:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/110004/dungeon-heroic

As a warforged with a socket so I am good in that slot. I am still contemplating the Sandman's (int dps dmf) trinket or the Hourglass (healing dmf), I am current at 1200 spirit. Thoughts?

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...tem/Darkwushu/
    MMO'ing since 1999. EQ, SWG, EQ2, WoW, SWTOR, ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    Also true, but I was talking about relative weights. To put it more accurately than I did before, having a lot of crit reduces the marginal value of +1% crit; going from 0% crit to 1% crit is indeed +1% healing, but going from 30% crit to 31% is less than that. As you continue to stack crit it will eventually reach the point where its weight drops below the second stat on the list, and it sounds like in this case versatility is close enough to crit to start with that it doesn't take a whole lot of crit to reach that tipping point.
    Yeah, that's precisely what I'm seeing. The AMR BiS list is like 18% crit and 4% vers. That definitely affects the weights. However, I was talking about the small portion of your post that I quoted, not this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    You also dropped versatility to 0 for this test, which puts its marginal value as high as it can possibly be -- adding 1% versatility is worth 1% healing when you're at 0.

I think we pretty much agree on the conclusions here btw, I was just trying to clarify the math and didn't actually do so very clearly.
    Yeah, I was assuming 0% of everything for the approximate weights, which is why versatility shot up a bit, but it was more so that I, and seemingly everyone else her, underestimated how good the damage reduction part of it is. It's not tremendous but nontrivial enough to push the value up ~10%.

These two things combined make it competitive with crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    No. If you need more mana regen, prefer spirit to crit. Crit has a very low mana regen compared to spirit. I think MS is the most important stat to help you get more chi.
    Pretty much. The effect that Crit has on your total mana regen has decreased dramatically in WoD compared to MoP because Spirit gives insane mana per point now, base regen is increased, we're generating less total mana tea, and doing less overheal with Uplift via Jade Mists procs is crucial because it's our most important, highest-throughput spell. You can't actually average more than ~7 ReMs out at once unless you're getting Jade Mists procs, which obviously require multistrike to function. If you're just relying on PoM for this, you're not going to get enough coverage. Consistency in healing is more important than a small bit of extra mana.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i like RJW as much as the next guy, but it aint gonna oom you if you use it where it's actually effective rather than MoP where you just spammed it

idk, i'd rather take 20% crit / 25% ms raid buffed over 200 spirit
    It's so much more throughput than Surging (actually, maybe even more than Uplift) that if you can cast it and it's mostly effective then ideally you want to be casting it. Spirit is so strong per point, too. It might be difficult to beat because what you get for dropping Spirit is, in general, much less dramatic of a difference.

I'm honestly not sure yet on this debate; it all depends on how much we can realistically spend without just doing overheal. Spirit stat weight for my stat weight post will be contingent guesses. Lol.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-11-26 at 08:38 AM.

Deleted
    today i dropped leafmender sandals (crit, haste) with a socket, should i replace my bloodfeather threads (ms, haste) which are socketless?

Deleted
    So i just read through the hot fixes, and noticed mistweaver's didnt get a single buff.. are they planning to do something bigger and wait for next patch or are they not aware of how weak mw is atm?

Quote Originally Posted by nerfme97 View Post
    So i just read through the hot fixes, and noticed mistweaver's didnt get a single buff.. are they planning to do something bigger and wait for next patch or are they not aware of how weak mw is atm?
    we only suck in 5mans

next week we ascend to glory

Entropy, I checked Hanna on the armory and I'm still confused why you would use the fistweapon + slag mines OH over Sol's Magestaff since I dont think the crit is worth losing the int vers and MS. Also, I dont really know why he or you (didnt really get if it is your character, sorry ) is/are using the MC head piece. Last thing I wanted to ask is, the Yen Ta ring is a World drop right?

Quote Originally Posted by Deroxid View Post
    Entropy, I checked Hanna on the armory and I'm still confused why you would use the fistweapon + slag mines OH over Sol's Magestaff since I dont think the crit is worth losing the int vers and MS. Also, I dont really know why he or you (didnt really get if it is your character, sorry ) is/are using the MC head piece. Last thing I wanted to ask is, the Yen Ta ring is a World drop right?
    Because I am lazy. I made that AMR set to see what my stats would be with ideal gear. I am personally still using a 620 pvp chest, with no intend to do 5 mans anymore. Sure ill buy a lw chest if I can find 1, but raids are tuned for 630-640ilvl up until twin orgers which are like 650. I am not in a "serious" guild. We only raid 12 hours a week, sure we try to be the best 3 night guild. But some things keep us from that.

As for why I use MH/OH over the staff. I have a HFWF offhand. so it is

171 int
    118 ms
    48 crit
    60 vers

vs

167 int
    98 vers
    120 ms

Iv only seen the staff drop once, and again me being lazy cannot be complied to run that 5man, or any.

And yes the ring is BoE
    Last edited by Entropy; 2014-11-26 at 01:32 PM.

On the topic of gear:
    - Toria's Perseverance is a better helm than a crafted crit/MS IMO (taking into account how hard upgrades are going to be with Savage Blood scarcity)
    - Alchemy trinket is more regen than the 640 DMF Hourglass on <10:20 min fights with a channeled mana potion and <6:30 min with instant mana potion, and the proc is 810 int (in game not tooltip) with a really good uptime, so a pretty decent contender for pre-raid despite it's 620 ilvl.

Alright, thanks for the info. Sadly I'm only getting haste/vers and haste/mastery gear from cms. Also had to reroll 4 times on my crafted boots to finally get MS/haste. I'm using a hc wf ring with spirit and haste + a socket instead of the spirit/MS ring, could maybe be a little bit better but actually just using it because I didnt get other good rings to drop

UBRS CM was way harder for me than other CMs I did already, how about you guys? I think we are slacking in 5mans because Revival seems kinda weak for 5 people and so is Cocoon since its basically only 1 meele hit from the boss. I experienced it to be almost a bad decision to use Cocoon on big pulls since it costs you a gcd for a fairly weak shield. I could have used 2-3 surging in that time and kept soothing up. So I hope that they change something about it. Ofc I'm only talking about 5mans, not raids. Really satisfied on how we do in raids.

Deleted
    For URBRS, use power strikes, RJW(for first boss mainly...) and make 20 stacks of mana tea on trash before first (and possibly last) boss. In my current gear life cocoon does 92k absorb unbuffed. It's not a good idea not to use it since you can't do more single target healing in a gcd in any way. Tho it's probably a good idea (most of the time) to make sure the target has EnvM, then pop cocoon...

I have a quick gearing question. I know Int/Spirit/MS are our top three stats. Having trouble deciding between which cloak I should be using. Both are warforged.

Blazemender Cloak of Augur
    Ilevel 646
    109 Int
    164 stam
    Vers 59
    Spirit 81

Vs
    Mistwoven Cloak
    Ilevel 636
    99 Int
    149 Stam
    66 Multi
    66 Spirit

I know the Mistwoven cloak is better itemized for us but do the extra spirit/int outweight the Ms Vs Vert?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan11d7 View Post
    I have a quick gearing question. I know Int/Spirit/MS are our top three stats. Having trouble deciding between which cloak I should be using. Both are warforged.

Blazemender Cloak of Augur
    Ilevel 646
    109 Int
    164 stam
    Vers 59
    Spirit 81

Vs
    Mistwoven Cloak
    Ilevel 636
    99 Int
    149 Stam
    66 Multi
    66 Spirit

I know the Mistwoven cloak is better itemized for us but do the extra spirit/int outweight the Ms Vs Vert?
    This is a hard 1.

I would go with the 646 cloak personally, more spirit and 10 more int. that is just me though. I could see the multistrike cloak being better, by a very small margin.

We've just pushed live a hotfix that increases the healing done by Enveloping Mists by 50%. This most likely won't be added to the hotfix blog until after the weekend, but we wanted to be sure you were aware of it before then, as it's already active.

Good news !

Quote Originally Posted by Chasseombre View Post
    We've just pushed live a hotfix that increases the healing done by Enveloping Mists by 50%. This most likely won't be added to the hotfix blog until after the weekend, but we wanted to be sure you were aware of it before then, as it's already active.

Good news !
    Undoing the 33% nerf to EM that we saw late in beta for no particular reason. It was a stupid nerf then, so reverting it is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasseombre View Post

Good news !
    Seems to be ticking for the exact same amount as my Uplift now, very nice.