Cut the shit guys, this isn't the place to wave your shit around and sword fight.

Quote Originally Posted by soulesschild View Post
    That's actually a great point that I should bring up with our healing officer. Now I have to get deep down and figure out other bosses and figure out how to get MW healing to it's full potential.
    I'm amazed by how hard it it for people to understand this even in top guilds. Image Korag p3, all our healers except for disc have mana issues. It's my turn to use a raid cd and I call on vent "focus on the tanks and Branded, Revival's coming" and wait for the raid's health to go to a good level for Revival. The add dies, the AoE stops and raid's at 50-70%. And the funny thing was that I needed to use Revival for it to come off cd at p4. This happened every pull (they didn't have enough hps every pull, but they never focused on Branded), until at some point our raid leader started scolding them.

But I do believe (and hope) other guilds have better healers than we do. Cos focusing on meters more than on the kill, not to mention it's the last boss... that's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonie View Post
    I'm amazed by how hard it it for people to understand this even in top guilds. Image Korag p3, all our healers except for disc have mana issues. It's my turn to use a raid cd and I call on vent "focus on the tanks and Branded, Revival's coming" and wait for the raid's health to go to a good level for Revival. The add dies, the AoE stops and raid's at 50-70%. And the funny thing was that I needed to use Revival for it to come off cd at p4. This happened every pull (they didn't have enough hps every pull, but they never focused on Branded), until at some point our raid leader started scolding them.

But I do believe (and hope) other guilds have better healers than we do. Cos focusing on meters more than on the kill, not to mention it's the last boss... that's just stupid.
    I'm the healing officer in my guild and we are slightly into mythics (Should have tect/bracken down soon) and it's a struggle to try to get people not to pop all their shit still. it's just instinct/years of just topping people off. Like if a mine goes off on margok p1 or 2, it lets healer look decent on meters, but there really isn't an oh shit CD or we all die moment, just takes longer to top people off. Yet people pop cds and then wonder why raid dies when we have non when they are needed....happened on koragh too I think. Kinda wish they just did away with meters. All they really tell you is amount of incoming damage

Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    I'm the healing officer in my guild and we are slightly into mythics (Should have tect/bracken down soon) and it's a struggle to try to get people not to pop all their shit still. it's just instinct/years of just topping people off. Like if a mine goes off on margok p1 or 2, it lets healer look decent on meters, but there really isn't an oh shit CD or we all die moment, just takes longer to top people off. Yet people pop cds and then wonder why raid dies when we have non when they are needed....happened on koragh too I think. Kinda wish they just did away with meters. All they really tell you is amount of incoming damage
    revival cost 12k mana and can top off a whole raid if used as much as possible during a fight that saves so much mana for the other healers, cd's should be used liberally imo

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    revival cost 12k mana and can top off a whole raid if used as much as possible during a fight that saves so much mana for the other healers, cd's should be used liberally imo

sure, if those CDs will be up when they are actually called for and needed. Otherwise no, it's just looking good on meters.

Hey was just wondering if i could get some tips as healing as a mist weaver. Im listed on world of logs and Warcraft logs as Kungpaochick-Mannoroth. any advice will be appreciated.

haha, post your logs.

edit: and I sense a lot of jealousy, I've only posted once about my top 10 ranking.
    You are delusional man, a quick glance at your armory and raidbots quickly tells us that you are as mediocre as it gets, do us all a favor and stop embarrasing yourself.

Deleted
    stop trash talking to each other. there is no point and no one gets anything out of it. we just get 2-3 pages with no discussion that can help people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    You are delusional man, a quick glance at your armory and raidbots quickly tells us that you are as mediocre as it gets, do us all a favor and stop embarrasing yourself.
    Just because I'm not raiding mythic yet and raiding with a very casual guild doesn't mean I'm medicore. IT'S EXACTLY FOR THIS REASON that I raid with a more casual guild, I quite frankly like the people much better and would never want to raid with people like you who bully and treat others like shit, make fun of me all you want. You attack me, you attack my guild. And why are you using a broken site which the owner said he won't update anymore like raidbots? Like you are literally trying your hardest to put me down and it is not going to work, if the mods here are going to allow bullying I'm going to defend myself, simple as that. And if you consider me mediocre that's your opinion, from the raids I've been doing the statistics don't lie. Why people on my ass I have no idea, I didn't do anything.

Unfsoda, I'm not trash talking I am simply defending myself, the mods refuse to moderate this thread and delete bullying posts so I have to respond or else the bullies are free to harass whoever they want, and I simply will not stand for that. Especially when I come here to read information and share my experiences, not to get bullied.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2014-12-25 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Just because I'm not raiding mythic yet and raiding with a very casual guild doesn't mean I'm medicore. IT'S EXACTLY FOR THIS REASON that I raid with a more casual guild, I quite frankly like the people much better and would never want to raid with people like you who bully and treat others like shit, make fun of me all you want. You attack me, you attack my guild. And why are you using a broken site which the owner said he won't update anymore like raidbots? Like you are literally trying your hardest to put me down and it is not going to work, if the mods here are going to allow bullying I'm going to defend myself, simple as that. And if you consider me mediocre that's your opinion, from the raids I've been doing the statistics don't lie. Why people on my ass I have no idea, I didn't do anything.

Unfsoda, I'm not trash talking I am simply defending myself, the mods refuse to moderate this thread and delete bullying posts so I have to respond or else the bullies are free to harass whoever they want, and I simply will not stand for that. Especially when I come here to read information and share my experiences, not to get bullied.
    Healing "ranks" have almost zero correlation with skill as a healer, if people actually cared about their position there, there are literally hundreds of mistweavers that could come and get higher hps logs, through bad raid play, underhealing, or just standing in fire themselves the entire damn time. You're right there are very skilled players in guilds still progressing through heroic, mostly by choice, but because you have top 10 ranks on whats essentially normal mode fights that most people overheal because there is little reason not to, doesn't make you one of those extremely skilled players. This isn't directed at you specifically, but anyone bragging about ranks as a healer is pretty misguided, and i say that as someone with reasonable logs, they mean so so little and don't represent skill at all.

Also, does anyone know if the stat priority for raw dps in crane is the same as elsewhere? If we didn't care for anything except dps output in crane stance still be MS > crit > vers > haste? Mostly curious but could come in useful for some fun when stuff is on farm.
    Last edited by mmocbbd29f1a3b; 2014-12-25 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atacamite View Post
    Healing "ranks" have almost zero correlation with skill as a healer, if people actually cared about their position there, there are literally hundreds of mistweavers that could come and get higher hps logs, through bad raid play, underhealing, or just standing in fire themselves the entire damn time. You're right there are very skilled players in guilds still progressing through heroic, mostly by choice, but because you have top 10 ranks on whats essentially normal mode fights that most people overheal because there is little reason not to, doesn't make you one of those extremely skilled players. This isn't directed at you specifically, but anyone bragging about ranks as a healer is pretty misguided, and i say that as someone with reasonable logs, they mean so so little and don't represent skill at all.
    I disagree completely. Doing a high amount of hps and not going oom says a lot about how you are playing your class, when healers go oom and have tons of overhealing I tend to think they are noobs, that is what defines a bad players it's pretty easy. But if I have 30% overhealing and end the fight with a lot of mana I see no issues being able to use that as a comparison of a good healer. It's all about killing bosses, which healers really have no say in, we just make green bars go up. But to say the data available in meters have no meaning for healers is naive, and quite frankly it makes me think you want to be op so you secretly say the numbers don't matter. If blizzard nerfs us I won't mind because we do so much overheal yet still have tons of mana, even using our heals sparingly. If I'm so bad, and doing so much raw throughput I think that's a big problem and we should be nerfed then. You can't have it both ways, either I'm bad and able to excel because mw is op and needs to be nerfed or the classes are balanced and I'm just a skilled player. I personally think it's a combination of both. I'm not saying I'm amazing but there definitely needs to be some tuning to mistweaver so our hps isn't so high.

Deleted
    think Affinity hit the nail of what MWs hps are

//
    I've said it before, but MW Monk healing is basically throwing 18-20 wet noodles around the room to do some healing, and they end up looking amazing on meters as a result, but it's all small inconsequential healing that isn't really a "This heal will save your life" type throughput. You could compare MW monk to the old blanket-aoe heal style that Resto druids had in Wrath, but in a setting where not every fight NEEDS that.//

The amount of raw sustained output you can pull only really matters on, what, ko'ragh, imperator and butcher (kinda)? Like, kargath (even on mythic) has such trivial healing requirements that hps is completely meaningless here, especially as good mistweavers will probably mostly fistweave through this fight. Brackenspore you can pad meters so hard with useless healing. Twins and Tectus are whatever. Even on the fights where it matters, so much of your output is determined by when you use revival (which you don't have control over when to use if you make a healer cd rotation) and also raid size on normal and heroic difficulties.

I'm just telling you the facts straight, get over yourself. You are bragging about how skilled you are and what a good player you are, but you have 1 good rank on LFR, on a fight where you have a healing dummy spawning every minute. LFR is a raid mode you literally AFK through, hardly anyone that has good parses on mythic will upload a log from LFR because it's just that irrelevant. I'm using raidbots to look at your very few parses from SoO which are mostly in the 50-70th percentile, the very definition of average. I look at your armory and see a guy who just doesn't do any of the difficult content in the game, you've done 0 CM golds (or bronze/silver for that matter), and haven't finished any old-heroic raid while relevant. You don't pvp either, so please enlighten me, how and where are you measuring yourself against the actual very good players to make such bold claims?

How any of this is bullying or attacking you, or your guild for that matter, is beyond me. I'm not calling you bad or saying your guild is shit. I'm just calling you out on your unfounded claims. I'm saying it's irrational for you to toot your own horn like you were god's gift to healing, when your only argument is an LFR log and no in-game accomplishments whatsoever.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2014-12-25 at 06:38 PM.

Deleted
    Have a question. let say Zen sphere would be affected by haste like any dots and hots. how much would it's play abilitie be compared to the other 2?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep this thread on topic and not bashing or arguing. The moderators do mod this forum, you just can't see it when we delete or edit a post or talk, so please don't try to bring the mods into it. If you feel a post is against the forum rules then please report it to bring it to the mods attention.

It's the holidays, relax and keep this on topic and constructive.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2014-12-25 at 05:08 PM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by unfsoda View Post
    Have a question. let say Zen sphere would be affected by haste like any dots and hots. how much would it's play abilitie be compared to the other 2?
    The problem with Zen Sphere has never really been one of throughput, but more of the fact that it's just a really terrible healing tool.

For one, its cooldown is far too short, which means that if you actually want to use all of the free healing you have to use a lot of GCDs to do so. Even if it was more total healing than Chi Burst over time, you can use Chi Burst once in 30 seconds but you have to spend a GCD every 10 seconds to be using Zen Sphere.

Secondly, the whole ticking HoT before exploding thing doesn't fit into any sensible healing pattern. If you're prepping for a big AoE and want the AoE healing, then the HoT portion is nearly worthless. If you want to just heal one person, then the detonate is nearly worthless. If there's just a bunch of random damage on everyone, you can't even pinpoint ZS's value because it could explode as soon as you put it on someone which guts half of its value, or it could last too long and everyone be healed up in the 16 seconds it takes to go off naturally.

If haste affected the HoT portion it would be a nice increase, but not enough to make it terribly useful. It needs a good 50% buff to surpass the throughput of the other talents enough to make up for the fact that it's totally unreliable, eats up a ton of GCDs, and not particularly good at anything.

Deleted
    Honestly i dislike the fistweaving style, how inefficient you are if you don't fistweaving??

Quote Originally Posted by Arks View Post
    Honestly i dislike the fistweaving style, how inefficient you are if you don't fistweaving??
    U are fine if u don't do it, its a bonus thing now.

Is there a way to stop the camera from shifting when you use Soothing Mist?