Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    There's no reason to fistweave, it's not a dps race. Boss dies after third feast, always.

Anyone got 'tips' for Xhul? Been really busy IRL so didn't have time to check on videos/forums we had a full pulls yesterday and it looked fairly easy, unless the fight starts below 30% or something :P we are 4 healing and it doesn't look intensive so far.. (Till 35ish%)
    Should really 3 heal it, there's like no damage unless people fuck up a LOT, I generally FW until the first add dies then swap to healing, using rev to save the raid in case of an unintended explosion. Then just drop tons od raid cds for the aoe hits sub 20%, pretty simple fight for healers. (not a very good monk fight tho)

Deleted
    Has anyone tried FWing with Mirror of the Blademaster or Soul Capacitor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohi View Post
    Has anyone tried FWing with Mirror of the Blademaster or Soul Capacitor?
    that sounds like a terrible idea already because the raw agility has absolutely no benefit to mistweavers. in WoD they changed it so that agility/strength has literally 0 benefit to, say, intellect based specs.

Deleted
    My guild doesn't 3 heal. If it can be 4-5 healed we will always go 5..... ;/

But as i said on gorefiend it doesn't matter if u fistweave or not, there's 0 difference in the end result. Boss will die after 3 feasts.

Better to be in serpent, might actually save a life throughout the fight.

On the first 5 bosses I was able to fistweave 100% through the fight, which was pretty fun. Trying to beat our monk tank in dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    that sounds like a terrible idea already because the raw agility has absolutely no benefit to mistweavers. in WoD they changed it so that agility/strength has literally 0 benefit to, say, intellect based specs.
    Of course raw agi on those two trinkets is worthless, but they have interesting on use/proc. Blademaster(M) did 11% of my total dmg on Fel Lord Zakuun(HC). Would I do more dmg with raw stats from Iron Reaver Piston (I was already using Gift)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Not to mention SC procs would stop all eminence

- - - Updated - - -

Of course raw agi on those two trinkets is worthless, but they have interesting on use/proc. Blademaster(M) did 11% of my total dmg on Fel Lord Zakuun(HC). Would I do more dmg with raw stats from Iron Reaver Piston (I was already using Gift)?
    11% of your total damage that didn't do healing, nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    11% of your total damage that didn't do healing, nice.
    It`s HC farm, we overheal it, it`s boring. Yes it is useless for serious content, but it makes farm more tolerable if I can outdps a tank or two.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have a question - is there any diminishing returns on having more than one healer with UFE? We tend to overheal because we run usually double druid, MW and Shaman, now with our Disc and Holy coming back, I might be switching back to WW (but that's irrelevant). All of our 'raw healers' have UFE, and it seems to be doing little and usually we have 2 healers (me and a Druid) coming far ahead of the others.

Main question is - I haven't attempted any maths on this but are there Diminishing Returns (i.e. does the trinket lose value) in using UFE on more than one person? Does it have DR on 4 people?

I actually looked at Soul Capacitor just the other day on my blog. The TL;DR of it is that it's not the best consistent damage trinket, but it can lead to the overall highest parses if it procs a lot, and specifically if you can get Touch of Death during one of the procs.

I think Blademaster is much more interesting. It scales off your own stats, and fistweavers generally have a ton of AP, so it should work out well. I've had some difficulty finding out exactly how it's implemented - the pets seem to have some sort of base weapon damage but I have no idea how to find it. The other interesting thing about Blademaster is that the proc seems not to differ depending on which ilvl of the trinket you have, but possibly that goes into the hidden weapon damage. I got a mythic one this week and had a normal so I'll do some testing there, and I'm going to try it out on farm next week and see how it goes.

Especially for super-short fights you have on farm it's probably worth swapping out IG for one of those, and possibly swapping out IRP for the other.

As far as fistweaving on Gorefiend, we've been working on that fight for a while now too, also 5healing. I've built a sort of hybrid gearset with leech/EST (would be IG if I had it) but non-spirit jewelry (I've also tried out 2p/2p but not sure if it's better or not), and spending p1 in serpent but p2 in crane. It contributes a fair amount of dps, usually 4.5-5m per feast, so you're knocking off somewhere between 3-4% of the boss's HP over 3 feasts. With 5 healers you certainly don't need to be in serpent during feast, so I think this is better even if the boss should die in 3 feasts anyway.

I have a question about only 3healing it though - with the healer Shadow only targeting healers, wouldn't somebody get killed on the 2nd wave each p1, since one person would get re-targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    I actually looked at Soul Capacitor just the other day on my blog. The TL;DR of it is that it's not the best consistent damage trinket, but it can lead to the overall highest parses if it procs a lot, and specifically if you can get Touch of Death during one of the procs.

I think Blademaster is much more interesting. It scales off your own stats, and fistweavers generally have a ton of AP, so it should work out well. I've had some difficulty finding out exactly how it's implemented - the pets seem to have some sort of base weapon damage but I have no idea how to find it. The other interesting thing about Blademaster is that the proc seems not to differ depending on which ilvl of the trinket you have, but possibly that goes into the hidden weapon damage. I got a mythic one this week and had a normal so I'll do some testing there, and I'm going to try it out on farm next week and see how it goes.

Especially for super-short fights you have on farm it's probably worth swapping out IG for one of those, and possibly swapping out IRP for the other.

As far as fistweaving on Gorefiend, we've been working on that fight for a while now too, also 5healing. I've built a sort of hybrid gearset with leech/EST (would be IG if I had it) but non-spirit jewelry (I've also tried out 2p/2p but not sure if it's better or not), and spending p1 in serpent but p2 in crane. It contributes a fair amount of dps, usually 4.5-5m per feast, so you're knocking off somewhere between 3-4% of the boss's HP over 3 feasts. With 5 healers you certainly don't need to be in serpent during feast, so I think this is better even if the boss should die in 3 feasts anyway.

I have a question about only 3healing it though - with the healer Shadow only targeting healers, wouldn't somebody get killed on the 2nd wave each p1, since one person would get re-targeted?
    Blademaster's only scales off your own stats(AP and either attackspeed or haste, can't remember which) afaik, which is why the damage is the same regardless of version. At least that's what our hunters told me.

And I think the 3healing thing was for Xhul, not Gorefiend. The reason being that, as you said, if you bring less than 4 healing spec players, one of the Shadows of Death in the 2nd wave is going to kill for real.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    There's no reason to fistweave, it's not a dps race. Boss dies after third feast, always.

Anyone got 'tips' for Xhul? Been really busy IRL so didn't have time to check on videos/forums we had a full pulls yesterday and it looked fairly easy, unless the fight starts below 30% or something :P we are 4 healing and it doesn't look intensive so far.. (Till 35ish%)
    Add damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krowbro View Post
    instead of fistweaving which is pretty much not useful at all for that fight (because you will likely kill boss in 3 feasts if you're 5 healing regardless of fistweaving - and it's a wipe if not) you should probably 4 heal the fight. phase 1 is the only difficult part and it's not hard to heal if your dooms and essences aren't retarded - and i personally strongly dislike the suicide strat unless it means you are using your CD outside of feasts or something.

this is 100% a co-ordination fight and really just stacking the right classes to control the souls (3* boomkin cheese and UH DK w/e) - you will probably have 100 more wipes until you kill it because it's just people having to understand their job properly and switching to the correct targets on time.
    Whats the difference in 4 healing and 5 healing if it's gonna be 3 feasts either way? Our trouble is the adds. Im not dpsing the boss I'm running around the room helping with adds. But if that's not optimal i'll stand and uplift the whole time.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    Adds should be oneshottable for any dps omce they leave the stomach. Since bossdps doesnt matter Outside of feasts, dps should focus down the adds in an Instant. there really shouldnt be a reason to do more dps than a ToD on the adds. If you are required to dps them, something is totally off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Whats the difference in 4 healing and 5 healing if it's gonna be 3 feasts either way? Our trouble is the adds. Im not dpsing the boss I'm running around the room helping with adds. But if that's not optimal i'll stand and uplift the whole time.
    You deal with adds better with 1 extra dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryjane View Post
    Adds should be oneshottable for any dps omce they leave the stomach. Since bossdps doesnt matter Outside of feasts, dps should focus down the adds in an Instant. there really shouldnt be a reason to do more dps than a ToD on the adds. If you are required to dps them, something is totally off
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing Here is a link to logs. I'm at a loss and feel like there's something else I should be doing
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing Here is a link to logs. I'm at a loss and feel like there's something else I should be doing
    you should probably drop a healer in favor of another dps. it looks like your main problem is adds.

If you can't convince your officers to drop a healer, you could at least convince them not to sac you right at the beginning. One of the main advantages of the 5th healer is that you can send the extra healer inside to ensure all essences are topped off, usually right after the 2nd wave of healers in each p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine View Post
    If you can't convince your officers to drop a healer, you could at least convince them not to sac you right at the beginning. One of the main advantages of the 5th healer is that you can send the extra healer inside to ensure all essences are topped off, usually right after the 2nd wave of healers in each p1.
    that was my suggestion as I was getting out healed in the stomach because I forgot to put my statue down. I'll change it next week. seems like a solid change... and sup antoine I see you on the mistweaver dps charts on warcraftlogs all the time. so pro
    Mistweaver Monk |

that's about the point i would start taking items with haste especially if you're still using est, there is a point where you can't cast renewing mist anymore because you already used up your bonus ms renewing mists
    Noooooooooooo. MS >> Haste with this tier's 4pc. Higher Extend Life uptime, less Uplift overheal, and almost as much just raw "you do more healing" as Haste with 5% affinity. Use dem stat weights folks; the math's all there.

I was suggesting MS>Haste>Crit gear for high-burst low-sustained fights for when you're using IG&UFE because you can't drop any Spirit from trinkets, probably leaving you with too damn much Spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larxx View Post
    What is it then?
    100% Multistrike hard cap, nothing else to worry about really. People mention "soft caps" as when your procs bring you over 100%, but we don't use MS proc trinkets this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Will get to other questions eventually
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Noooooooooooo. MS >> Haste with this tier's 4pc. Higher Extend Life uptime, less Uplift overheal, and almost as much just raw "you do more healing" as Haste with 5% affinity. Use dem stat weights folks; the math's all there.

I was suggesting MS>Haste>Crit gear for high-burst low-sustained fights for when you're using IG&UFE because you can't drop any Spirit from trinkets, probably leaving you with too damn much Spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

100% Multistrike hard cap, nothing else to worry about really. People mention "soft caps" as when your procs bring you over 100%, but we don't use MS proc trinkets this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Will get to other questions eventually
    According to your stat weights ms is 1.1 haste is 1.2
    Mistweaver Monk |

7+ Year Old Account
    According to your stat weights ms is 1.1 haste is 1.2
    You got it wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Multistrike (T18 HFC 4pc using PoM): 1.32