so this may sound dumb but what targets would you say get priority on healing with extend life? tanks obviously, debuffed targets (people with mark of the necromancer, heartseeker, gift, etc) too, but then who? i would always keep it on myself personally just for the survivability/safety factor but i wonder if that's playing poorly

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    so this may sound dumb but what targets would you say get priority on healing with extend life? tanks obviously, debuffed targets (people with mark of the necromancer, heartseeker, gift, etc) too, but then who? i would always keep it on myself personally just for the survivability/safety factor but i wonder if that's playing poorly
    ur stuff>Tanks then people most likely 2 be shit by shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly really hard to give general statement about min maxing extend life. I think for general purposes you can think of it as a PW:S.

Deleted
    Generally speaking I try to put it on players who are low/if I know someone is gonna take a hit, not always prio on tanks... obviously depends on the fight and our heal setup but for most raids we have a disc/holy pala so I only really use it on tanks either when I have charges to spare or they take more damage than the disc/hpala can manage with shields. (more often than not)
    I actually very rarely use it on myself, other than after a big hit of something to get me back up fast with an uplift cast.

Edit: This is purely based on heroic, we're starting mythic tonight probably.

Deleted
    On gorefiend my priority was tanks > mages > healers, those most reliably dropped low after an explosion, tanks only when the big add was up.

Deleted
    How exactly do you put extend life on someone?
    Just a surging hit or what?

Quote Originally Posted by JabJabUplift View Post
    How exactly do you put extend life on someone?
    Just a surging hit or what?
    You rem a player, the initial target of rem gets extend life for 12 sec

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing HFA without extend life is hell

only way I can describe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every fight feels shit without 4pce.

All I think about is how I'd be using extend life if i had it to X mechanic

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Every fight feels shit without 4pce.

All I think about is how I'd be using extend life if i had it to X mechanic
    Cleaveweaving with class trinket and t17 2set on HHC mythic works just fine, though t18 4set felt better overall due to debuffs, but both works.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    raiding without extend life is hell

only way I can describe it.
    fixed it for you bae

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Xhul'horac normal trinket and replaced it with heroic flickering felspark, but I feel as if it'd be lackluster without 4pc.

Not only Raiding, if this was baked in it would severely help our 5 man healing ability.

I would think the Leech trinket is pretty amazing regardless of 4set, the amount of Leech you would give to EL targets would feel wasted in most cases, unless they are just standing in fire maybe.
    Last edited by Phinkydo; 2015-07-05 at 09:12 PM.
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

I don't know if Extend Life (2pc+4pc) would make a good Mastery. It's good as a set bonus because it's tuned to be powerful even when it's overhealing a bit. But if they made it a Mastery, they'd have to tune it to be in line with our other stats, but because its overhealing can vary a lot by fight, that would make the usefulness of our Mastery vary a lot by fight, meaning we'd basically need 3 or 4 gear sets at that point, including high- and low-Spirit sets. Ideally, Mastery should be about as useful for every fight, like the Chi Wave tier bonus, just like Crit, Multistrike, Versatility, and (at least somewhat) Haste.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-07-06 at 04:26 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

i would like a mastery which increased the power of our chi spenders tbh.

simple, yet effective for both crane/serpent.

Yeah, that's been suggested before (maybe by you). I put in it the giant WoD beta whine post, but devs didn't bite, so...
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Extend Life is actually just the 2p, the 4p is an added bonus to Extend Life and is what makes it ridiculous. Extend Life by itself (the 2p) would be a fantastic mastery because it would be exactly in the same vein as all of the other healers' masteries (conditional increased percentage healing).

The 4p would definitely not be a good mastery because like Geodew said that's like having Beacon as a mastery which would be kind of dumb. What I can see the 4p as would be a talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I don't know if Extend Life would make a good Mastery. It's good as a set bonus because it's tuned to be powerful even when it's overhealing a bit. But if they made it a Mastery, they'd have to tune it to be in line with our other stats, but because its overhealing can vary a lot by fight, that would make the usefulness of our Mastery vary a lot by fight, meaning we'd basically need 3 or 4 gear sets at that point, including high- and low-Spirit sets. Ideally, Mastery should be about as useful for every fight, like the Chi Wave tier bonus, just like Crit, Multistrike, Versatility, and (at least somewhat) Haste.
    It would certainly fix monks baseline problem with dealing with heavy damage focused on 2-3 targets. Having a Chi Spender % healing increase mastery has the problem with ramp-up, and I don't think mistweavers need even more ramp-up tbh.

Also I don't think it's really fair to say "extend life would be a bad mastery because it averages 75% overhealing". Even with lower numbers it would still be a great addition to the mistweaver kit.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-07-06 at 02:13 AM.

Yeah I meant 2pc+4pc together @Total.

It could be a baseline thing or a talent, and that would be cool. I just don't think it scales with all types of fights well enough to scale with a stat (and be the only thing that the stat does). It's too situational to the fight mechanics. Not because its overheal is 75% or whatever it is, more like because the overheal can vary a lot depending on how even the damage going out is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Having a Chi Spender % healing increase mastery has the problem with ramp-up, and I don't think mistweavers need even more ramp-up tbh.
    What ramp-up do you mean?

I just got tier gloves finally tonight from Socrethar, which means I should be next in line for the tier helm off Kormrok next week and therefor will have my 2 set bonus without breaking my t17 2 set bonus, yet. I am excited to see how it plays out.