Story Time

My guild runs 20-30m reg/heroics. So we usually run 4-6 heals, and I'm usually competing with our holy priest near the bottom. Some fights (omg Tyrant Velhari! Gorefiend during stack phase) I can blow up the meters, but I'm usually getting cockblocked by a pally and disc priest and my hots are getting sniped by the two druids.

Last week I'd had enough. I realize numbers aren't everything but I didn't feel like I was contributing enough on a monk. I leveled my shaman from 93-100 on thursday and geared her up (she's now 680, ty Timeless.. I mean Tanaan jungle), but I wasn't ready to bring her to raid.

Tuesday raid I get two more tokens.
    Enter monk 4pc.... Holeeeeeeeey sheeeet ((Oh monk, baby I'd never leave you!))

Well crap, I can't believe I wasted my weekend on a shaman... (we also lost our hpally :/)
    I'm fighting for 1st place with the resto druid w/ the leech trink, 4pc and legendary ring. My healerboner didnt go down all night.

The end

Please don't post just to wave your epeen around. It's obnoxious....

If you must do it, do it on your btag broadcast or twitter or something. This is a thread for discussing the spec itself.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    so many pages

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    No other abilities occur during Blitz so there is no rush to heal anyone up.
    That wasn't my experience, but our DPS like to stand in things to push more DPS as long as it doesn't kill them, so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kuponoodles View Post
    competing with our holy priest near the bottom
    Enter monk 4pc
    fighting for 1st place
    Yeah sounds about right :P. Not that meters are everything. Mistweaver has one big cooldown. RDruid has two. RSham has four. The DPS gain from a Mistweaver isn't that huge outside of world first raiding IMHO (maybe +2-3k dps on most fights if you're legit healing over a Rdruid?), so you'd ideally want some other reason to take a Mistweaver, and more sustained healing (with a large chunk from large spot-heals) is one such reason, I guess.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Please don't post just to wave your epeen around. It's obnoxious....

If you must do it, do it on your btag broadcast or twitter or something. This is a thread for discussing the spec itself.
    I'll do it in my signature then, thanks for the suggestion!
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Mastery (100% pickup rate, T18 HFC 4pc using PoM): 0.45
    Mastery (typical pickup rate, T18 HFC 4pc using PoM): 0.25

Divided by 1.25 since Extend Life healing isn't increased by Mastery (but increases with everything else, so it's the only stat that changes) and applied a new 10% penalty for uncontrollability/unreliability (was 0%, but people aren't bothering to pick up orbs like they were in SoO because they heal like 0.5% of max HP each instead of like 10%, so I should have applied a penalty ages ago for that). Not complicated.

You may be seeing lower numbers than the stat weight indicates in your logs, but keep in mind about 10% of your Mastery's worth is hidden in your personal Leech and Etheralus absorb healing. Or maybe the pickup rate has just gone way down. I'd need to do more research before I conclude that, though. Hm, let's see:

According to this theorycraft, 19% Mastery should give you +3.8% healing done (3.67% of total healing). Then in logs if you have about 10% of healing from your own Leech and Etheralus absorbs, it should show as about 3.3% of total healing. Let me know if that's not lining up with logs. (Edit: unless your pickup rate is well over 100%, which is the multiple-pickup bug they still haven't fixed since Throne of Thunder. Example log with 139 spawns and 172 heals)

- - - Updated - - -

5.28... Multistrike is 5.28 times as good as Mastery.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-08-06 at 04:27 AM.

I don't know if I can play MW in the next expansion if GotS is still the mastery. Posts like that trigger me.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I don't know if I can play MW in the next expansion if GotS is still the mastery. Posts like that trigger me.
    Fuckin' lol. I know, right?

I won't quit, but you can bet your ass I'll bitch and moan about it.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-08-06 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Mastery (100% pickup rate, T18 HFC 4pc using PoM): 0.45
    Mastery (typical pickup rate, T18 HFC 4pc using PoM): 0.25

Divided by 1.25 since Extend Life healing isn't increased by Mastery (but increases with everything else, so it's the only stat that changes) and applied a new 10% penalty for uncontrollability/unreliability (was 0%, but people aren't bothering to pick up orbs like they were in SoO because they heal like 0.5% of max HP each instead of like 10%, so I should have applied a penalty ages ago for that). Not complicated.

You may be seeing lower numbers than the stat weight indicates in your logs, but keep in mind about 10% of your Mastery's worth is hidden in your personal Leech and Etheralus absorb healing. Or maybe the pickup rate has just gone way down. I'd need to do more research before I conclude that, though. Hm, let's see:

According to this theorycraft, 19% Mastery should give you +3.8% healing done (3.67% of total healing). Then in logs if you have about 10% of healing from your own Leech and Etheralus absorbs, it should show as about 3.3% of total healing. Let me know if that's not lining up with logs. (Edit: unless your pickup rate is well over 100%, which is the multiple-pickup bug they still haven't fixed since Throne of Thunder. Example log with 139 spawns and 172 heals)

- - - Updated - - -

5.28... Multistrike is 5.28 times as good as Mastery.

mastery is a fun stat i guess? my personal leech rating basically outheals my mastery on any fight now

also im kinda annoyed we have MWs just as autistic as paladins rofl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    also im kinda annoyed we have MWs just as autistic as paladins rofl.
    Huh? Wat? Abc

I'm so bad with on use trinkets...ugh... any suggestions? Should I just bind it to something, or keep trying to save it for raid wide dmg mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by rivalistic View Post
    I'm so bad with on use trinkets...ugh... any suggestions? Should I just bind it to something, or keep trying to save it for raid wide dmg mechanics?
    I got IG, and basically you use it on pull with a int pot and get a bunch of stacks of mana tea fistweaving. And then by the time it's back up you have revival in case shtf thn you just use it as a mini raid cooldown. I still like the mythic spirit ms trinket from brf more though

- - - Updated - - -

Ilvl is still king though right in terms of upgrades?
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post

I would assume depending on what stats are on the piece and which slot it is. Might wanna check weights though.

I got a Mythic Warforged helm form XulHorac. 736Ilv. I can't pass that up over the 710 heroic tier helm I have, so thankfully I had a tier chest to use for the time being.

Probably won't be replacing that though unless I get a mythic warforged helm/chest off piece to make up for the difference in stats.

At any rate, Gorefiend should be down tonight hopefully so we can start working on Iskar/Socrethar. Fuck, I love and hate that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    for most specs? yes.
    for mistweavers? hardly ever

monk artifact hype: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#artifacts

guess im sticking with monk xD
    Last edited by Floopa; 2015-08-06 at 04:28 PM.

I wonder how the artifact weapons are going to work for Mistweavers. This'll be fun. Love the asethetics of them though.

Hype.

Chi-ji Staff, looks like they might keep/improve crane? we can only hope
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Deleted
    Yulon staff PVP only fuck this earth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    Chi-ji Staff, looks like they might keep/improve crane? we can only hope
    Looking at how they explained it, I think we'll get a choice between crane and yulon aspects

10+ Year Old Account
    this could be the return of jab jab uplift boys.