Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Mana tea stacks isn't the only reason why IG > DP.

Obviously using the 3k crit proc for burst is a big reason why it's so much stronger.
    Not so much. It really depends on how you play though. I'm using really heavy spirit build and having MT stacks is far more superior than DPs passive. That's the reason ( high spirit ) why I'm using IG to get MT because it pays off way more than relying on crit healing while the trinket effect is up. During burst phases I can have 100% RJW uptime with a lot of EL uplifts without having to worry about my mana. I'm healing effectively rather than relying on crit procs. During VERY high burst phases, your raid will use rcds anyway. I've done many pulls with IG + Revival to see how much of a difference can it be between pulls, and yes, it's a huge amount which I don't really see is worth going for. RJW does the job, especially if you're comfortable with your 4p.

Deleted
    Sorry if its a stupid question but i tried and can´t find it anywhere (hard to know what to google anyway).

Does fistweaving healing increase the more damage you do with example Feast of soul on Gorefiend or Fel rage on council?
    My first guess would be it does but i really ain´t sure if they maybe did something to prevent this.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Sorry if its a stupid question but i tried and can´t find it anywhere (hard to know what to google anyway).

Does fistweaving healing increase the more damage you do with example Feast of soul on Gorefiend or Fel rage on council?
    My first guess would be it does but i really ain´t sure if they maybe did something to prevent this.
    yea it does

7+ Year Old Account
    Hope help me improve my mistweaver.
    Today, I killed mythic HHF for the first time but only did 99374 hps in Mythic HHC. In 712-714, 102,975.0 is the average.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NhMjvxawpzC8DR1Q/#
    My trinket: Mythic EST and Heroic UFE.
    My UFE leeched 12.11M.

My EL heals lower(11.95%) than other mistweavers and my uplift only heals 21570.6 hps which is less than 25000 hps.
    Why?

I also have a Heroic Warforged IG. Does it better than the Mythic EST?

PS: Hope revival not dispel in Legion.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2015-10-02 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Today, I killed mythic HHF for the first time but only did 99374 hps in Mythic HHC. In 712-714, 102,975.0 is the average.

My UFE leeched 12.11M.

My EL heals lower(11.95%) than other mistweavers and my uplift only heals 21570.6 hps which is less than 25000 hps.
    Why?

Outside of huge BGs, the dispel isn't an issue. It doesn't dispel stuff on bosses where dispelling has negative effects on the raid anymore.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Outside of huge BGs, the dispel isn't an issue. It doesn't dispel stuff on bosses where dispelling has negative effects on the raid anymore.
    You know I am a AV team raider.

I still don't understand why this is not a glyph.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

My UFE leeched 12.11M.

Why?

youre 5 healing it, so your hps will be lower than average. (its 4 healable, even on progression.)

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I personally use Phylactery + UFE because Touch of Harm is a joke with smart Life Cocoon usage and the last 3 Edicts all suicide anyways so trading away the sustain for a single IG use in P3 doesn't seem like a good trade to me.
    I chose Crucible over Phylactery any day on this fight. That spirit is just godly for phase 2 and 3 to spam RJW.

BTW just for my personal knowledge, why is SDI not good on this fight? We're stacked all of p2 and p3... maybe I just understand why it's good on HHC only lol. Granted when you have a addon fixing the health for the aura you see the damage is not really constant.

- - - Updated - - -

My UFE leeched 12.11M.

Why?

Even if you 4 heal it, doesn't mean your extended life will get higher, in my case, our holy paladin and disc priest are all over the debuff target so extend life is overhealing a lot, and tanks never need any healing, hence why RJW is by far my best heal.

Last week I went with the class trinket and that increased by HPS by 15% overall, I could probably do more, the play style has a learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I chose Crucible over Phylactery any day on this fight. That spirit is just godly for phase 2 and 3 to spam RJW.

BTW just for my personal knowledge, why is SDI not good on this fight? We're stacked all of p2 and p3... maybe I just understand why it's good on HHC only lol. Granted when you have a addon fixing the health for the aura you see the damage is not really constant.
    On Tyrant specifically Phylactery is worth more mana than normal because there should be a relatively high amount of Soothing going on in P1 and P2 to clear Touch of Harm. For example, on my last kill it was worth ~812 Spirit (165 mana-consuming events over 6:03) less the fact that it doesn't benefit Mana Tea. It should on par give about as much mana as a Crucible, but only really on that fight (or any other time Soothing is heavily used).

SDI isn't good because there is no time to sit and cast Soothing in P3. There is far too much movement and most of the time is spent attempting to clear Touch of Harm and keep both tanks topped via Uplifting with Extend Life up on all 3. P3 does actually have pretty consistent raid-wide damage but you can't sit still to cast for it between the movement and the knockbacks.

Deleted
    On Tyrant specifically Phylactery is worth more mana than normal because there should be a relatively high amount of Soothing going on in P1 and P2 to clear Touch of Harm. For example, on my last kill it was worth ~812 Spirit (165 mana-consuming events over 6:03) less the fact that it doesn't benefit Mana Tea. It should on par give about as much mana as a Crucible, but only really on that fight (or any other time Soothing is heavily used).

SDI isn't good because there is no time to sit and cast Soothing in P3. There is far too much movement and most of the time is spent attempting to clear Touch of Harm and keep both tanks topped via Uplifting with Extend Life up on all 3. P3 does actually have pretty consistent raid-wide damage but you can't sit still to cast for it between the movement and the knockbacks.
    We kill Tyrant recently and I used Crane in p1 and then spammed RJW during the rest of the encounter. It worked quite well. As far as trinket goes I used UFE (H) and IG (M). We raid with 2 shams and 1 pal besides me.

To be honest, I mostly just spam uplift with Extend Life on the debuff target in those phases, our paladin is on debuff duty, so that is probably why I prefer to have more spirit. I do cast occasional enveloping mist when I have excess of chi.

Deleted
    Tyrant was really easy to heal for us. I'm not sure why everyones having trouble there. A decent paladin and a disc and you're fine. Taking DP or IG shouldn't make much of a difference ( maybe in p3 though we rely on rcds there a lot ).

7+ Year Old Account
    @Totaltotemic I think crane itself is a terrible design in theory. You have no way to balance it. We have 4 options:
    1.high dps, high hps. (Impossible! WW will be useless.)
    2.high dps, low hps. (Impossible! WW will be useless.)
    3.low dps, low hps. (That's this WOD version. Unbalanced crane mana tea. Provide not enough dps to raid.)
    4.low dps, high hps. (High hps means our spells will cost more mana. Our dps will be too expensive to do. And no way to balance it to other healers.)

3.low dps, low hps. (That's this WOD version. Unbalanced crane mana tea. Provide not enough dps to raid.)
    Is Crane's DPS actually too low right now though? It seems so on purely single target things, but Xuen scales ridiculously when going up to 3 targets. Crane actually does quite a lot (nearly as much as a tank) on 3+ targets... but only if you make some gear and talent choices that make non-Crane HPS be pretty bad. If you look through WCL MW damage rankings on almost every fight there's 20-30 MWs that can manage to do over 30k dps over the course of an entire fight.

The only real problem with Crane's viability for damage right now is that to get that damage you have to make choices that are bad for Serpent because there's a huge disparity between Xuen and RJW or wearing UFE and wearing Mirror or Iron Reaver Piston.

Right now it's only really too low if you ignore Crane when you set everything up and then try to shoe-horn it into a max HPS build. It's pretty good (for 3+ targets) when you set up for it, but unless a fight has some absurdly skewed damage pattern like Xhul or HFA you don't really get to use it for long enough to justify having much worse Serpent healing on progression. The design is okay and it could be balanced (there's a huge range between near-DPS levels of damage and way-more-than-other-healers level) but it would require all facets of the spec being designed around the ability to both do DPS and heal when required and not have things like SDI, UFE, mastery, RJW, etc that are really only for healing and basically useless for doing damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Crane's ST DPS really too low? I think it's mainly just legendary ring right now causing the imbalance.

Anyway, if they want to keep stance of the spirited crane relevant in Legion, they're going to have to make spirit relevant for the stance. The easiest way of doing this making CJL relevant for the stance.

crane dps is a bit higher than a paladin denounce spamming and equal when they're spamming denounce with AW up

the advantage we have is that we're healing in the mean time.

it's not "bad" but it's not good. it's just something we have other throughput healers do not when clearing farm content

Deleted
    Crane is ok imo if there's only 1 target, once cleave or AoE becomes a factor it starts to be shit.

I'm still unsure, which trinkets I should use for Gorefiend mythic in my raid group. (Other heler are: Disc, Holy Pala, Druid, Shaman)

Right now, I am in crane stance (with Xuen) in the feast phase, because we use 5 healer for this fight.

The trinkets, I currently have are:
    • IG mythic
    • DP heroic
    • Class trinket heroic w/ socket
    • FF heroic
    • Blackhand mythic trinket
    • UFE normal

I don't see any way you use anything other than UFE and IG for Gorefiend. IG makes healing Essences a joke and UFE takes care of the Feast healing almost by itself.