Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Now's probably the best time to go.

Chances are if you don't like what you're seeing, you won't like what you're playing. And if you give it some time, Blizzard may fix it, may not. But why waste your money?

If you've already bought the expansion, cancel your subscription so that the billing cycle continues into the new expansion, but doesn't recur, so you can at least try out the new expansion for a couple of days, and if you don't like it then well, you're already unsubbed - no harm no foul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joegrizly View Post
    It's frustrating when the main tank decides they're going to play Dest--
    There's your problem right there. You're letting other people decide if you play the game or not.

Some people in online gaming find a close circle of friends and only enjoy playing with them. Others make friends easily and can find a niche no matter what, and some people just flat-out ignore other players entirely. Only people in that first category would consider jumping ship because the rest of their crew did the same. If you're not willing to try to find a new set of colleagues in the game -- and that's fine, not everyone wants to -- then yeah, it's time to move on.

You can always come back.

OP, what you are describing is the problem with most MMO end game. A lot of people will bitch and moan about not enough end game, or claim the game only starts at end game, which is completely bullshit. BUT to THOSE people, end game is more of a job than a fun game to play. When you feel responsible for 9-24 other people, having to have mats, be geared, have rep, know strats etc, it really does become a drain and very much like a job.

Some of us don't want to be the one that fucked over a raid by not being prepared, but being a keep component (tank, healer, only reliable DPS for belts, always one of last standing on safety dance etc), you feel obligated to be there. At some point, you step back and say... sorry, I can't come to saturday raids for the next 5 months because... college football season started. Oh, and I can't make it for any raids in a month, because the NBA season will begin and I will be watching Basketball Tues-Thurs most weeks. Why? RL>games? Well, more like just wanting to not have to stress out over a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I keep saying it, the price I pay for subscribtion is still cheaper than all the other hobbies I have.
    It really is a great cost/time of enjoyment investment. Especially something like Rift/SWTOR/ArcheAge where it is F2P and even no start up cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Okay, bye. Or not. Whatever.

Honestly, ASAP. I will sub for WoD for 1 month... I mean you have to if you are a fan just to see if it floats your boat. And I hate being a negative nelly (i don't really though) but from what I'm seeing of this next Xpac the game has finally fallen off the ledge that I don't not want to go down with it. This focus on Garrisons is like 3 years ago in SWTOR... lol. I would not be bothered by this so much if it was like pet battles, totally optional, but yesterday I was fooling around in guild chat and said something like "I'm going to run an experiment in WoD, I am going to level and play my main w/o doing a single thing with garrisons. completely avoid this garbage new feature."

That was met with "Good luck with that." I guess that means garrisons aren't really optional. Not to say you HAVE to do garrisons... but you are doing yourself a disservice if not.

Deleted
    Now is the time, I have been winding down for pre-wod but since some recent real life issues happened. I find I no longer want to play, my sub conveniently ends before prepatch. So I'm just going to retire now. WoW was/is a great game but I think the maturing playerbase and entitled new generation who want to log in pug a raid and do solo play for mounts/tmog aren't making the game worth paying for right now.

The casualness of players and game is slowly making it hard to keep friends within the game the last 4 months most of my guild played LoL whilst logging 3 nights to raid. I don't blame them MoP is stale as a year old cracker. Without my main crew, It was impossible to plan anything because you'd never see them until raid night and it was like wham-bam-thankyou goodnight. HC kills slowly became harder because they lost the edge and people start leaving/taking breaks it's seriously hard to recruit so raiding stalls. The players left are the mega addict alters and carry groups selling normal runs to each others alts.

There is many reasons I find the game good fun but from what I see WoD is enabling more soloplay and pug friendly casualness. I'm sure I'll cave in and resub/buy Wod by Christmas but I think right now is a good time to leave as any.

Your gut will tell you, plain and simple. If you want to see WoD, then re-sub. And if you need a break, you'll know that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Permatree View Post
    Honestly there is no "right" time to call it quits. The gist of it is stop playing when you stop having fun, and if you get the inkling again to start playing, then do so. The thing with a subscription game (or any game for that matter) is that you can take a break whenever you feel you need it. This game seems to be a prime example of the sunk cost fallacy. Just because you have invested time, doesn't mean that you should keep investing. You need to way the pros and cons, and if it works out that this is the end, then so be it.

In short, do what you feel like, and if you change your mind, don't trip, just go with it.

As a human being, you are not infallible, and have a right to change your mind at any time. Don't worry about the right "forever" choice. Think about the right "for now" choice, and don't be afraid to go back on your previous thought if your current thought supports a different position.
    I like how this dude thinks and explains things. Really well done.

For me, and this really began in my EQ2 days, I actually called it quits once I realized that to really accelerate my character I had to get a job/craft, etc. At that point it was no longer a game to me, but after a few months away, I decided to come back and just play it my own way. I think that's really what you have to do - if there are aspects that you really enjoy, stick to those.
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

WoD will only have two raid tiers. You should give it a look

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now. Really, quitting WoW can be difficult. if you keep waiting for the right time, it will never come
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have fun playing the game = time to quit.

It's that simple.

Deleted
    It's a game, it is just a game.

Unless you treat it like a lifestyle choice or a girlfriend, which you should not. Because it is just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best time to quit the game is when the game becomes boring. I am playing since released, but I paused the game for several weeks and months from time to time. I am now playing again since 4 weeks, but I am still not doing much - but I am eagerly awaiting the new expansion.

If you think the game is no longer fun, quit it. If, after a few weeks or months, you want to play again, just do it. If by that time new content has been released even better: You have more to do now!

10+ Year Old Account
    We can't decide for you. Like "Help Me Choose My Class" threads there isn't anything to discuss.