Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Wtf? There's seriously no reason to remake the Birds. It's already perfect. It'll be as bad as when they remade Charade as The Truth About Charlie, or when they remade Rear Window as Disturbia.
    Not true. This will be FAR worse.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Great, Another god damn reboot. Seriously Hollywood stop with all the rebooting already.

They could have as easily written a storyline that is the continuation of the franchise already and not have even made anything but a passing reference in a couple of scene's in regards to the original two movies, such as one of the leads being related to the original cast members, or even finding the plans for the equipment used.
    But nooooooo They have to go and reboot, and start over its not needed. Sure some movies such as Daredevil, Electra, Timecop, Fantastic Four need a reboot due to the way that they were handled when they were released, how badly they have tanked or not having a BIG budget movie in many years.

There is absolutely no doubt that I will go to see Ghostbusters when it is released, When the original was released back in 1984, I went to the cinema no less that 12 to 15 times to watch the movie, and I saw Ghostbusters II at least half a dozen times on the big screen as well, it is without a single doubt one of my favorite movie franchises of all time, I just hope that they do the franchise justice and do not wreck it like they have wrecked the Star Trek franchise with an un-needed reboot.
    There are many, including me, that feel that when Star Trek got rebooted is when it got good. (the Next Generation)
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Would an all male cast be pandering to a male audience, or would that just be what the crew innocently wanted their movie to be? I don't see any reason no one in their right mind could ever actually want to make a movie starring only women.
    Yet they made Charlie's Angles, TWICE. I hope that they have learned from that movie at least.

Deleted
    I'll watch it if Melissa McCarthy is in it, she cracks me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet they made Charlie's Angles, TWICE. I hope that they have learned from that movie at least.
    Ironically Charlie's Angles, unlike this new Ghostbusters, had Bill Murray.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    getting ready to watch hot ghostbusterchicks having skinship with slimer...

guhe
    guhehehehehe
    *drools*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well end of the day whatever title they give it, it won't be ghostbusters. Changing the cast of a beloved franchise and thinking you can still keep the spirit of that franchise going is wrong. How often do we see writers attempt at remaking a franchise with 'fresh ideas' and it failing to leave any mark?

They tried to recreate the Ghostbusters in the 2000s with a new cast of teenage characters. It became forgotten and never lived up to the original cartoon series.

If they remade Charlie's angels but had an all male group in swimshorts solving crimes and a female Charlie, do you think that would sell?
    #boycottchina

I was skeptical until I heard "all female." Now I'm skeptical, but a little more interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Larryg121 View Post
    the new Ghostbusters is going to be an complete reboot starring an all-female cast;
    Well another awful piece of crap I suppose.

Deleted
    If there's a spiritual possession of the ladies which then leads to hot lesbian sex, I'll be OK with it. Beyond that, I'm putting this in the same category as Karate Kid 4. Sorry ladies, you're awesome, but get your own damn movies. This one belongs to Bill Murray.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing is as good as the original!thing's are often copied but rarely duplicated.look at all these movies that had been re made the past few years,most are trash and just $ grabs.i would love to see a re make of the first JAWS!make it rated R with lots of blood,but i would worry they would ruin it,like all the remakes have more or less done.

All female cast?

...but why?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    There are many, including me, that feel that when Star Trek got rebooted is when it got good. (the Next Generation)
    If you mean when it was rebooted from TOS to the TNG franchise, then I agree this is where the TV series got good as they expanded upon the universe that had been previously created and explored in The original series. The Movies lived in and explored the same "universe" and it is fair to say that they (the Trek series and movies) where the first people to really expand up the type of thing that Marvel has done to great success, IE having multiple movies and TV shows all in the same expanded universe. You can see that people like this type of storytelling in their movies, as DC comics are doing it with the Batman v Superman movie which is also I believe the start of the Justice League, and then there is Star Wars and the individual movies for various characters, and that it is even happening in some TV shows having cross overs with each other.

On the whole I am not against Reboots if they are needed, However the vast majority of movies do not really need a reboot or a remake to continue the franchise, It is simply lazy writing and cashing in on previous movie title names.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2014-10-10 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Omg....I can see it now. Birds that explode on impact.
    well clearly SOMEbody hasn't watched Birdemic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Interesting, I did not actually have an issue with "The Next Karate Kid" *shrug* Hilary Swank did a good job.
    Well, I took the Swank movie as an example of a shit movie simply because in that one as well, a girl replaced the original guy. Other than that, Swank wasn't really any worse than Macchio. I mean, it's a completely horrid movie, the world agrees if you look at IMDb and Rotten, but so were the other Karate Kids if you ask me.

I watched the original like a few weeks ago, and... Oh boy. Talk about horrible. What I didn't remember, though, was that Ralph Macchio had like 4/5 legs 1/5 upper body.

Deleted
    I just hope that they do the franchise justice and do not wreck it like they have wrecked the Star Trek franchise with an un-needed reboot.
    Well, at least the Star Trek reboot was entirely separate from the original universe and all it's off-screen stories...unlike the Star Wars reboot (that's what it is, let's be honest) which has wiped everything in that universe that existed off-screen. (ie. virtually all of it)

I think I'll just wait for the Yoga Hosers and Moose Jaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    http://www.cnet.com/news/who-ya-gonn...ot-the-ladies/

It takes 5 seconds to look up.

I don't like it.

There were references to a corporate Ghostbusters franchise, in GB2. Why couldn't they just use that as the base line? Have Bill Murray and Akyroyd, come at the end to congratulate the ladies for a job well done?

To set it apart from the duo is pointless. This is the Washington Redskins all over again.
    I just assumed the logical approach would be to have the new cast taking over the "original location" in NY from a retiring Ray and Winston.

In my mind, Ghostbusters 3 has already been done. It was produced by Terminal Reality and is available on Windows, PS3 and XBox 360 as Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

But noooooo, Hollywood thinks reboot is a quick cash approach.

And it's from the screenwriters that did Bridesmaids and The Heat. I've not seen either, but if you have, that's your benchmark on style of humor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    Well, at least the Star Trek reboot was entirely separate from the original universe and all it's off-screen stories...unlike the Star Wars reboot (that's what it is, let's be honest) which has wiped everything in that universe that existed off-screen. (ie. virtually all of it)
    To be fair, nothing off-screen has ever been canon with Star Wars. This has always been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    nothing is as good as the original!thing's are often copied but rarely duplicated.look at all these movies that had been re made the past few years,most are trash and just $ grabs.i would love to see a re make of the first JAWS!make it rated R with lots of blood,but i would worry they would ruin it,like all the remakes have more or less done.
    I've loved most of the superhero, Les Miserables, Star Trek, Evangelion, and Sailor Moon reboots and remakes. Hasn't all been bad, though I think the difference tends to be whether or not the people behind the reboot/make are genuinely passionate about the source material and want to do it justice, rather than make a cash grab.

all female? I wonder which group of audience they are targeting. Clearly, not fans.