I'd like to get some clarification on logs if I could from some of the seasoned pros in here. After several weeks of attendance issues, we finally got Twins down last night. Exciting, I know... Anyway, I was reviewing the logs and while chastising myself for not using enough Expel Harms, I was thinking about Damage Taken. Here are my questions:

1) Why do the logs differ so much between Skada, Recount, and Warcraft Logs? Skada had me way under my pally co-tank, Recount had me way, way over him on damage taken, and WCL has me slightly above him. Is my insight correct that Skada doesn't count shielded damage against damage taken and maybe Recount counts initial hit and stagger damage so is double-dipping? Recount had me like 2x as much damage taken as him, WCL has me taking 17% more.

My Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

2) I was feeling pretty down about (1) so I went to look at another BrM that is MT for a friend's guild who is ahead of us at 5 or 6/7M. He took A TON more damage than his OT (a warrior) though his damage done was way more than mine (we were both running chex, though I'm gearing mastery; also he was taking the WW's). This lead me to wonder if the Damage Taken tab can be trusted in WCL for BrM? Can we just take the total amount of Damage Taken / DTPS(a) and that's that?

Other Mythic BrM's Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=damage-taken

I guess maybe what another question is in regards to (2) above is, if all shields (my own and disco) were converted to straight heals instead, would the Damage Taken 'bar' be solid green? And I just took more damage?

Thanks for reading / looking, have a great Friday.
    Last edited by Nalloa; 2015-01-30 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

This buff makes no sense, but I can deal with it

Or maybe Tiger Palm will cost 1 chi?

Quote Originally Posted by Nouway View Post
    Or maybe Tiger Palm will cost 1 chi?
    This is actually a really scary thought for me since it would really mess up how I play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

Well who knows what's going on at this point. We've regressed back into a pre-Ghostcrawler level of communication where we are told literally nothing except what's in the patch notes with no rhyme or reason to changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that that buff is planned for WW to make WW use TP in all situations. If I recall correctly WW sometimes even skips it in favor of chi explosion. They probably just quickly planted buff to all versions of the ability.

Just finished highmaul mythic mission and got the Crit/BA Neck with a socket, happy days

Quote Originally Posted by piggehcan99 View Post
    Just finished highmaul mythic mission and got the Crit/BA Neck with a socket, happy days
    i would like to congratulate you, while my tears of sorrow fall into my triple chocolate ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question... I currently have a 3/3 knight's badge, and the DPS trinket off imperator. I cannot for the life of me get another tanking trinket. Will it be worth it to upgrade the knight's badge to the next tier and keep it through BRF mythic, or do the other trinkets completely outshine it

Knight's Badge is going to be your best option for DPS as a tank; static BA with a crit proc is hard to argue with. BFD is going to be better for passive defenses, and I haven't done the math on the TTT clicky but I expect it'll be very good defensively too.

Also keep in mind that even upgrading Knight's to 4/4 it'll still only be the same ilvl as heroic BRF gear, so mythic drops are going to outshine it regardless.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2015-01-30 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    I did a Mythic mission and got the BA/Haste neck. I already have the BA/Crit neck. Thanks for the Temporal Crystal, Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    Knight's Badge is going to be your best option for DPS as a tank; static BA with a crit proc is hard to argue with. BFD is going to be better for passive defenses, and I haven't done the math on the TTT clicky but I expect it'll be very good defensively too.

Also keep in mind that even upgrading Knight's to 4/4 it'll still only be the same ilvl as heroic BRF gear, so mythic drops are going to outshine it regardless.
    good point. hopefully ill be able to get one of those trinkets . I really appreciate the quick answer

I got 2 socket items now, and 2 warforged. but honestly im preferring the socket alot more than warforged.

Quote Originally Posted by piggehcan99 View Post
    I got 2 socket items now, and 2 warforged. but honestly im preferring the socket alot more than warforged.
    Socket items are generally better <3

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Crying about our damage in one particular 20 second phase of a fight
    Well, if that's addressed to me, you misunderstood me. What I meant is: if they want to buff our damage, it makes no sense to buff our ST since we are #1 at this but an AoE buff could be appreciated. Anyway, I think this change was done with Windwalkers in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    while we continue to dominate the majority of other fights
    If by "dominate" you mean "be #1", that's not entirely true. If we compare the best parsings, we are #1 at the Butcher and Brackenspore. If we compare 99th percentile, we are also #1 at Twin Ogron. Source: warcraftlogs(dot)com/statistics/6#boss=1721&class=Tanks&dataset=100

http://i.imgur.com/P0GUNOq.jpg

I invited Misume to a raid today. He did not even come in to the room to tank tectus. I had to solo tank and call out for a vigilance. This guy is a total scumbag(not in a good way). DO NOT INVITE.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-01-31 at 05:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brookllyn View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/P0GUNOq.jpg

I invited Misume to a raid today. He did not even come in to the room to tank tectus. I had to solo tank and call out for a vigilance. This guy is a total scumbag(not in a good way). DO NOT INVITE.
    http://i.imgur.com/lonfNOA.jpg

HE LOCKED ME OUT THE ROOM

1/10 WOULDN'T TANK AGAIN
    Last edited by mmocf25b20f6e2; 2015-01-31 at 04:36 AM.

Can we not post giant images just for the lulz? Jokes are great and all but it's probably annoying anyone trying to keep up on discussion here.

What exactly do you pro brewmasters do with Mark of Chaos when it's fortified (root)? Do you do the ping pong strategy still, and then transcendence a little further away? Do you tank him in the middle and transcendence towards his throne and have the group move back a little?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmonk View Post
    What exactly do you pro brewmasters do with Mark of Chaos when it's fortified (root)? Do you do the ping pong strategy still, and then transcendence a little further away? Do you tank him in the middle and transcendence towards his throne and have the group move back a little?
    The 2nd option - we're tanking him in the middle, when the cast starts I move him to the throne so I'm just in range for the port. Not sure what the ping pong strategy is, we're 3 tanking the boss & just tank everything in the middle of the room (adjust position for traps etc.). Afaik nobody has to move since I'm out of range by default. Then again, I have no idea what the ranged / healers are actually doing during that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmonk View Post
    We set our transcendence outside of the raid and then take it out of there. I do a strat in my raid where the mark goes to the balcony wall thing and the rest of the raid is in the rest of the room so no one can get hit.