I was under the impression that physical damage from abilities always ignored armor. If it didn't, stuff like Fists of Stone from Kromog (500k damage split between the two tanks) would be completely trivial and would have no reason to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    I was under the impression that physical damage from abilities always ignored armor. If it didn't, stuff like Fists of Stone from Kromog (500k damage split between the two tanks) would be completely trivial and would have no reason to exist.
    His normal attacks cause this(overview says so) so it's not as trivial when it is 779k(mythic value) damage every 1.5 seconds.
    Last edited by brookllyn; 2015-01-31 at 06:22 PM.

If special attacks ignored armor then BrMs would already take less damage than anyone else because Stagger has such a high base to compensate for having less armor than other tanks (yes, it's still less even with the 50% armor on SotSO).

Generally nothing physical ignores armor unless it's a physical DoT or it explicitly says it ignores armor.

Deleted
    This is like people freaking out about Nazgrim Executes because of the 3M HP tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    If special attacks ignored armor then BrMs would already take less damage than anyone else because Stagger has such a high base to compensate for having less armor than other tanks (yes, it's still less even with the 50% armor on SotSO).

Generally nothing physical ignores armor unless it's a physical DoT or it explicitly says it ignores armor.
    Didn't horridon's special attack ignore armor even while it didnt't say so? Or was that just something that druids got messed with tortos bite when they had the QQ (justified though) train going.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Didn't horridon's special attack ignore armor even while it didnt't say so? Or was that just something that druids got messed with tortos bite when they had the QQ (justified though) train going.
    No it still took armor into account, but they were whining because they had no damage reduction but armor and it was pretty funny to see Shield of the Righteous make a Paladin take 30% less damage than a Druid would because they didn't really have much more armor than shield tanks did, yet had nothing else to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScharfAsATack View Post
    Flenser's Hookring crew stands in solidarity with you.
    *nods wisely and agrees*

Deleted
    Do you ever look back at kill videos from when you were learning a class and realise how bad you were

Because I do

http://youtu.be/VjvhEiVvF1E

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Do you ever look back at kill videos from when you were learning a class and realise how bad you were

Because I do

http://youtu.be/VjvhEiVvF1E
    I especially like when Chi Wave would come off CD and you'd sit there spamming Tiger Palm for 10+ seconds before realizing Chi Wave was available. I think people still do that.

Deleted
    I especially like when Chi Wave would come off CD and you'd sit there spamming Tiger Palm for 10+ seconds before realizing Chi Wave was available. I think people still do that.
    This is like...

Embarrassing High School photos.

I started monk and PvE in general in 5.4, it's scary looking back

When would you recommend switching from Serenity to Chi Explosion? I feel like it's a good idea when you find yourself taking so little damage with Serenity, which is where I'm at now.

Any quick tips to making the switch? There's a few things I'm a little confused about (like whether to Chex at 3 or 4 Chi single target, whether it's ever a good idea to PB instead of waiting for 3 chi for Chex, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Esmonk View Post
    When would you recommend switching from Serenity to Chi Explosion? I feel like it's a good idea when you find yourself taking so little damage with Serenity, which is where I'm at now.

Any quick tips to making the switch? There's a few things I'm a little confused about (like whether to Chex at 3 or 4 Chi single target, whether it's ever a good idea to PB instead of waiting for 3 chi for Chex, etc).
    What I did was gradually start playing CE on more and more farm bosses until I just caught up with progression and started using it there. It does take some time to get used to, so it's not really something you want to switch into doing immediately on bosses that are likely to kill you.

As for actually using it, generally there's never a time when PB instead of CE would be a good idea unless you screwed up your chi and Stagger management and get into an emergency situation that you didn't plan for. A lot of questions about CE are really just answered by playing with it on real raid bosses for a bit - things just hard enough to prove a real threat but not so hard that you're going to die if you don't play CE well.

What I did was gradually start playing CE on more and more farm bosses until I just caught up with progression and started using it there. It does take some time to get used to, so it's not really something you want to switch into doing immediately on bosses that are likely to kill you.

As for actually using it, generally there's never a time when PB instead of CE would be a good idea unless you screwed up your chi and Stagger management and get into an emergency situation that you didn't plan for. A lot of questions about CE are really just answered by playing with it on real raid bosses for a bit - things just hard enough to prove a real threat but not so hard that you're going to die if you don't play CE well.
    That sounds good to me, I'll start switching to CE on fights I'm comfortable with. My healers complain I'm boring to heal (something I'm sure all you Brewmasters get), maybe this will give them something to do. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    This is like...

Embarrassing High School photos.
    Don't look at my butcher kill video (all kinds of things I did wrong) or our recent tectus kill video (I forgot to use my second pot >_<). Videos are always a great way to look back and see what you missed in a more "outside looking in" view and I've noticed things pretty quickly that I would have to take a bit of time to figure out from logs.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Don't look at my butcher kill video (all kinds of things I did wrong) or our recent tectus kill video (I forgot to use my second pot >_<). Videos are always a great way to look back and see what you missed in a more "outside looking in" view and I've noticed things pretty quickly that I would have to take a bit of time to figure out from logs.
    i need to talk to you

it's time to laugh

I'm so happy that FOR ONCE, final boss of the raid kill video from my PoV is the pull where I played simply well. No major mistakes! o/

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rW6M8D41ZWU/hqdefault.jpg

I probably do this. I also seem to miss like 20-30 tiger palms compared to good brewmasters, but I think it might be my connection. When I play casters even if I sit there spamming a spell there's a noticeable delay before the next cast starts. Someone fix my internet so I can do well on butcher (or if anyone knows any helpful inclient settings or router magic, that would be cool. fuck wireless)

e: just compared my butcher to affinchi's. 1.1s between my globals, his are 0.950-1.020 ish. So like 10% of my globals are gone right? It's possible I just don't press buttons fast enough but man I was spamming the last kill to see if it was.
    Last edited by Quotey; 2015-02-01 at 01:40 AM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    I probably do this. I also seem to miss like 20-30 tiger palms compared to good brewmasters, but I think it might be my connection. When I play casters even if I sit there spamming a spell there's a noticeable delay before the next cast starts. Someone fix my internet so I can do well on butcher (or if anyone knows any helpful inclient settings or router magic, that would be cool. fuck wireless)
    without knowing more i would suggest you switch from wireless to hardline. there are ways to run the wire without making it an eyesore, and if you are or know someone who has a bit of construction background, you can run the line in your walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another mythic missions just came back, and I got a vanilla Pol's Blind Eye. Last mythic mission I got Everglaze Arcane Eidolon with a socket. I also have a 3/3 Knight's Badge. No clue what I should be running with these 3, specially since Tuesday the Knight's Badge can be a 680.