Those are great from 5 mans, but I'd also like to mention that all of the 630 trinkets are dwarfed by raid ilvl trinkets in terms of bonus armor even when they are scaled down to 630 for challenge modes. For example, both Pol's Blinded Eye and Knight's Badge (stage 3) only get scaled down to something like 209 bonus armor in CMs when the next closest thing from 5 mans would only be 159.

I know no one was really talking about challenge modes, but it's good to highlight just how ridiculous the stat budget disparity between heroic trinkets and raid trinkets are ever since the hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    I think the reason people are running with Soul Dance is that none of our Tier 100 talents really feel great for that fight.

* Not enough Physical damage for Serenity to feel needed
    * Chi Explosion gets silenced by the Suppression Fields
    * The room looks Magic As Shit(TM)

I detailed a little further back as to how I ran with the adds on this fight;

1. Drop Statue inside Suppression Field.
    2. Threaten any DPS who even looks at them with death.
    3. DPS focuses the boss.
    4. Keep threat on Adds w/Dizzying Haze and stay outside of Suppression field. Save Guard/Elusive Brew stacks for when your Statue dies.
    5. Boss get his shield back.
    6. Pop diffuse magic, run into the field with the adds, and Leg Sweep. Alternatively, have a DK grip them to your statue.
    7. Have your DPS chain stuns on them and AOE the fuck out of them.
    8. GG they're dead.

In my experience you can roll past/through the zone, stand on the edge, and the adds will all neatly stack inside, no need to spend CDs to stand inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Those are great from 5 mans, but I'd also like to mention that all of the 630 trinkets are dwarfed by raid ilvl trinkets in terms of bonus armor even when they are scaled down to 630 for challenge modes. For example, both Pol's Blinded Eye and Knight's Badge (stage 3) only get scaled down to something like 209 bonus armor in CMs when the next closest thing from 5 mans would only be 159.

I know no one was really talking about challenge modes, but it's good to highlight just how ridiculous the stat budget disparity between heroic trinkets and raid trinkets are ever since the hotfixes.
    Speaking of CMs, a few questions:
    1. do you think its viable for pushing gold times to run crit/multi build as BrM or stick with mastery/crit
    2. how many targets does there need to be for breath of fire to become dps positive

Quote Originally Posted by Dorban View Post
    Speaking of CMs, a few questions:
    1. do you think its viable for pushing gold times to run crit/multi build as BrM or stick with mastery/crit
    2. how many targets does there need to be for breath of fire to become dps positive
    I literally just finished my golds about 10 minutes ago and I just ran in my raid gear stacking mastery and never used Chi Explosion. Frankly, if you're just going for golds, it's much more important to stack the group with OP DPS than it is to min/max minute 5% DPS differences, the timers really aren't that tight. You can run a max DPS build if you like, but I didn't and cleared 30+ seconds on every run where something didn't go horribly wrong (3 deaths in our Skyreach that we only beat by 2 seconds). We even beat 5/8 of the times of my guild's other group that had a DK tank mostly because we had a WW which was OP as hell on trash. So youc an go max DPS, but I found that dying less was often more productive than if I just did 5-10% more damage.

As for BoF, it's tricky when we're talking about CMs because different level mobs (102s in trash but 103s on bosses) have different levels of armor (as well as a bunch of casters vs more armored mobs) so there's actually 4 different levels of armor we're talking about here. I know that on 103s it's a DPS gain at 3 targets, but for lightly armored 102s it could be pushed to 4 or 5. Granted, I haven't put a lot of thought into the math of it because it's just annoyingly complicated (since it varies based on your weapon DPS vs total attack power and the mob's armor), but I know it's definitely a DPS gain at 4 targets no matter what, and at 6+ even spamming it with Serenity is good (which I also do on Mythic Korgath in the stands since I have like 10+ mobs).

Regardless, it's used far more often for the disorient with the glyph than for actual damage purposes. Some trash pulls (like most of them in Everbloom) are ridiculously easy with a Serenity BoF Disorient chain for 10 seconds since they just cannot get a cast off.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ummary&boss=-2

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Pgh/advanced

Can anyone look through my logs and tell me what I could've done better? specifically twins and Tectus, first boss I'm not concerned about.

I always hear everyone talking about how monks take no damage, and I took more than a druid
    (I'm not specifcally playing it for that, but I'm still wanting to know what I could do better.)

The biggest thing on Twins is that your Stagger efficiency wasn't very good. You Staggered 7.99 million damage but ended up taking 2.82 million of that in damage. A large part of that was probably that your Serenity usage wasn't very efficient, 2:34 between first and second Serenity and 3:08 between your 3rd and 4th Serenities. That's 3 whole usages of Serenity you missed out on which would have given you a lot more chi to Purify with.

Tectus is similar, Serenities too far apart and taking ~30% of your Stagger in damage because you're not Purifying enough.

You're not taking much avoidable damage or doing anything else wrong, just need to use Serenity more often and Purify a lot more with all of that free chi. A huge WeakAura if Serenity is available would probably help.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest thing on Twins is that your Stagger efficiency wasn't very good. You Staggered 7.99 million damage but ended up taking 2.82 million of that in damage. A large part of that was probably that your Serenity usage wasn't very efficient, 2:34 between first and second Serenity and 3:08 between your 3rd and 4th Serenities. That's 3 whole usages of Serenity you missed out on which would have given you a lot more chi to Purify with.

Tectus is similar, Serenities too far apart and taking ~30% of your Stagger in damage because you're not Purifying enough.

You're not taking much avoidable damage or doing anything else wrong, just need to use Serenity more often and Purify a lot more with all of that free chi. A huge WeakAura if Serenity is available would probably help.
    I keep meaning to make a weakaura for it, but I keep forgetting!
    Is there a certain percentage I should be purifying at? I'm shooting for 20 right now, but I miss it a lot because I'm dumb.

Does anyone have any issues with Shadowed Unit Frames on Ko'ragh? If I use it I get like 20 fps. without it I'm over 100.

I actually just switched to SUF a couple of days ago and didn't have any issues, but you might have a slightly older version.

As for Purifying, I don't actually watch for a percentage. I keep 2 chi banked in case of an emergency Guard, and then just Purify whatever with extra chi. Sometimes I'll have to go into panic mode with 40% or more Stagger because that means I'm getting wrecked, but if you have 3 chi and 20% Stagger sometimes you can get into a weird situation where you end up avoiding an attack or the boss does a cast or something and you sit with 20% Stagger on your for 2 or 3 seconds, but then you've just taken 4% of your health in damage when you could have just not.

The big thing is that most bosses won't even put you to 20% Stagger in a single AA and it usually takes two. If you just always wait to Purify you get bosses like Mar'gok and Twins that do random stuff so often that they can't AA during that you'd just sit there with Stagger ticking away for no reason. If you always Serenity on cooldown, there's more than enough chi to go around to allow you to Purify pretty much every melee swing unless you have to pop a Guard or are panic expelling because things aren't going so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still so used to playing MoP monk where you used Purifying like 5 times the whole instance.
    I'll work on it.

What is your haste like? I've got like 10.5 energy regen and it makes me cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
    I keep meaning to make a weakaura for it, but I keep forgetting!
    Is there a certain percentage I should be purifying at? I'm shooting for 20 right now, but I miss it a lot because I'm dumb.

Does anyone have any issues with Shadowed Unit Frames on Ko'ragh? If I use it I get like 20 fps. without it I'm over 100.
    Here's the Serenity WA I use

Code:
    daeakaqjPs0OiHQoLur0TOQWUuIYWiroMKAzuHNrLAAsuxJkY2Kk8nsW4iHY5KkvRtQiCqjslucpKkktKeQCrPkTrQk6KseVuQkZuQeUjvL2Ps9tLWqvISusipv1uf5Qkr1wPIQVkvunxPszVWFPkdgPCysTyPkEmknzs6YcBMk5Ziz0kPonIvlvuETuvnBuDBuSBk9BPmCjz5u8CftN46IA7KO(UsY4LkPZtv16Lks7hPAuJeUgji4dUJLP0Y6(YuaNbxfxfj8UUWLRje4tF4uTs1k4qbNQvQSJU3HIPaC5JYoH7FHlxtiWN(WPURy1URvOSI5KJURqhkudx(OSc4rxR0w1qff4tWDTuJyf8IfP0cF7IE9zcxRQsesZQ5EIHqrfMbji4evCFB2(PtZh0P9WewcUnZKmekQWmyxJZBAvKWZt4XY1ZGlMCGBA8ajCMmxiibbcUO5HvqcNjZfcsqGGB0Sbs4mzUqqcceCwUEgKWhILIh4(Uy3hei4MGI0Sj)vboLPLRGGZIe21iHlgcfvyqcFAzdBKTebVIR9hg82k7cl3pkWTAMyqc7A8LARcdDAPMXewbcUAms2se8kU2FyWzZJ0y8wtudCHWeQ4I)QaFeTKhC1SrlKMfVSt4zBOCyfCDwA4tUNq5Wkp7YfPR4ELUCfvQNI613foVxfhEOCyfCN1AC12klDAlzAuMyg60u8Vk48oj(ufC(wZeyx7KJAfCJRZgDYFvGxSCF6t88eEtvW5BntGcCIv5WmbkWZt4nTSHnYwIGc88eEQXizlrqbEEcVSLiOappHNoB0j)vbkGGRgJwYgTeOaVY0OmXmlzcwYqAwSvcFDqOwlyxUdCEtRIeUO5HvqcFiwkEGTJACMmxiibbc(ufSiHpelfpWUgNjZfcsy7gfqGGNNWt08WkOappHhlxpdkWnnEGeotMleKGabppH3ufSOa3OzdKWzYCHGeei45j8yBm9OfuGZY1ZGe(qSu8a33f7(WzYCHGeENxQI6IfoRpuG77IDFOaFjfvsVpHciqGG7QzLt60aBhkHRsMkU2)fnB)dExwHBcksZM8xf4e2MfNT14QTvwuGtuXl150PXQsNwz60CqNMB60CJRvvjcPz1CpXqOOcZGeeCxgntCXOfn2UXxruL1yxUdCBMjziuuHzWUgNyvomtGc8SvmekQWGe(ufC(wZeyx7KJAfCdbxLmvCT)syBw8sSsyCPzJUvcBZoDJyv2RZIvb343RzOmeggTXOjQEIHy7peV6A8r0S9pl1iwb3z9Ut9QiCj6Q4SgVzqcBhyRe2UXwjSlJTsqGGTdKWZwXqOOcds4tvW5BntGDTtoQvWneCXqOOcds4I)QaFeTKh8SnuoScUoln8q5Wk4LYkKMLoTLp6E4bEEcVPk48TMjqbEEcVSLiOaNnpsJXBnrnWfctOIpvbNV1mb21o5Owb3qWxheQ1c2L7aN30QiHlAEyfKWhILIhy7OgNjZfcsqGGpvbls4dXsXdSRXzYCHGe2Urbei45j8enpSckWZt4XY1ZGcCtJhiHZK5cbjiqWZt4nvblkWnA2ajCMmxiibbcEEcp2gtpAbf4SC9miHpelfpW9DXUpCMmxiiH77IDFOacei4MGI0Sj)vboHTzXjQ4L6C60iSnlDALPtZbDAUPtZnUlJMjUy0IgBh4RiQYASl3bUnZKmekQWmyxJRvvjcPz1CpXqOOcZGeeCvYuX1(lHTzXlXkHXLMn6wjSn70nIvzVolwfCJFVMHYqyy0gJMO6jgIT)q8QRHGTBKW1ScPzhKWhrBeKWvBEu82kuGtXBR80ScPzXN1Tv4u82kpxgntG35HU)sZg90jk150P1t2Ll60CtNMd60CtNMBiqWfdHIkmiHpvbNxIkED5oCu2j82k7cl3pkWTAMyqc7A8hMWse)qWZt4nvbNxIkkWTAMaFrwmAQaNnpsJXBnrnWfctOcbVY0OmXmlzcwYqAwSvcFDqOwlyxUdCEtRIeEEcpBOCyqp4IMhwbj8HyP4b2oQXzYCHGeei4SC9miHpelfpW9DXUpCMmxiiH77IDFOace88eEIMhwbf45j8y56zqbUrZgiHZK5cbjiqWZt4nvblkWNQGfj8HyP4b214mzUqqcB3Oace88eESnME0ckWnnEGeotMleKGabcURMvoPtdSDOeUkzQ4A)x0S9p4DzfUjOinBYFvGtyBwCTQkrinRM7jgcfvygKGG7YOzIlgTOXUm(kIQSg7YDGBZmjdHIkmd214ev8sDoDA9KD5Ion30P5Gon30P5gFenB)ZsnIvWDwV7uVkcceCLXUUSdLGaa
    Screenshots:
    i.imgur [dot] com/MRDUGz7.jpg
    i.imgur [dot] com/VZ4KNb7.jpg

Any idea when the link / image restriction wears off?

I have 249 haste on my gear which only brings me up to 10.35 energy/sec because I'm a night elf. With Serenity on CD though, haste is effectively worthless because you have more chi than you know what to do with. I still don't actually Purify as much as I probably should because I have a tendency to waste Chi Brew and Keg Smash cooldowns when I'm too busy spamming Expel because I took too much Blaze or something and going full panic mode trying not to die, for example my Stagger ratio on Mythic Twins pulls on Thursday was about the same as yours. We can both do better though.

@handofdesu

10 posts

Also here are the links in clickable form:

http://i.imgur.com/MRDUGz7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VZ4KNb7.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    http://puu.sh/dvlVy/61d6cb36cd.jpg

This is what mine looks like now.

I think I've got everything!

Deleted
    If I want to min-max my DPS and I'm in a situation when my KS is on 0.3-0.5s CD and I have a GCD available, what's wiser: to have a 0.3s-0.5s downtime and wait for KS or to use TP and delay my KS by 0.5s-0.7s?

Also should I use KS during Serenity? Seems to still be +2 chi if I'm not chi-capped.

After checking my logs I noticed that I miss a few Keg Smashes on every pull. :/
    Last edited by mmoce9ac3aa987; 2014-12-15 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    In my experience you can roll past/through the zone, stand on the edge, and the adds will all neatly stack inside, no need to spend CDs to stand inside it.
    Turns out I'm eating my words and using SD on mythic Ko'ragh. The adds apparently hit for arcane damage, and they hit really goddamn hard. I miss Serenity.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

I literally just finished my golds about 10 minutes ago and I just ran in my raid gear stacking mastery and never used Chi Explosion. Frankly, if you're just going for golds, it's much more important to stack the group with OP DPS than it is to min/max minute 5% DPS differences, the timers really aren't that tight. You can run a max DPS build if you like, but I didn't and cleared 30+ seconds on every run where something didn't go horribly wrong (3 deaths in our Skyreach that we only beat by 2 seconds). We even beat 5/8 of the times of my guild's other group that had a DK tank mostly because we had a WW which was OP as hell on trash. So youc an go max DPS, but I found that dying less was often more productive than if I just did 5-10% more damage.

As for BoF, it's tricky when we're talking about CMs because different level mobs (102s in trash but 103s on bosses) have different levels of armor (as well as a bunch of casters vs more armored mobs) so there's actually 4 different levels of armor we're talking about here. I know that on 103s it's a DPS gain at 3 targets, but for lightly armored 102s it could be pushed to 4 or 5. Granted, I haven't put a lot of thought into the math of it because it's just annoyingly complicated (since it varies based on your weapon DPS vs total attack power and the mob's armor), but I know it's definitely a DPS gain at 4 targets no matter what, and at 6+ even spamming it with Serenity is good (which I also do on Mythic Korgath in the stands since I have like 10+ mobs).

Regardless, it's used far more often for the disorient with the glyph than for actual damage purposes. Some trash pulls (like most of them in Everbloom) are ridiculously easy with a Serenity BoF Disorient chain for 10 seconds since they just cannot get a cast off.
    THx for the response, currently I'm 2/8 doing Grimrail atm. i was wondering do you do 2 separate pulls for the trash before the 2nd boss, because im struggling not to get globaled by that many mobs. unfortunately we don't have a WW or a hunter so times end up being pretty tight for us.

THx for the response, currently I'm 2/8 doing Grimrail atm. i was wondering do you do 2 separate pulls for the trash before the 2nd boss, because im struggling not to get globaled by that many mobs. unfortunately we don't have a WW or a hunter so times end up being pretty tight for us.
    I basically pulled both and kited. It was really sketchy, used Chi Burst for some ranged damage and would KS/RJW/BoF every time I was close to them to do some damage. Grimrail was definitely the one that threatened my life the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically pulled both and kited. It was really sketchy, used Chi Burst for some ranged damage and would KS/RJW/BoF every time I was close to them to do some damage. Grimrail was definitely the one that threatened my life the most.
    Glyph of BoF, Serenity, hilarity ensues while mobs walk in circles for the next ten seconds.

Sweep into SCK spam then cycle CDs. If this aren't dead after you're done with cooldowns then kite for the last few percent. The approach to each pull as a Brewmaster is roughly the same regardless of the instance. Don't underestimate guard or cheesing resolve by standing in mechanics with diffuse. I have guards in excess of 400k which gives you a lot of breathing room. Overall this is one of the strongest tank classes for CMs and if you approach the pulls appropriately you should have little trouble.

I ended up putting my shuffle and serenity timers right next to each other. It's nice, because once you have enough shuffle to make it to the next serenity you can just shut off the shuffle-management part of your brain entirely. That lets me concentrate on just using PB on every hit and managing energy to pick up my free chi from Power Strikes every 15s while still hitting KS right on time.

Where do you find the total amount staggered?

Edit - I guess you can go through the damage done to the Monk, take off the magic abilities then do the same for damage taken and the difference between the two should be total amount staggered. Is there an easier way?
    Last edited by Goil; 2014-12-16 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goil View Post
    Where do you find the total amount staggered?

Edit - I guess you can go through the damage done to the Monk, take off the magic abilities then do the same for damage taken and the difference between the two should be total amount staggered. Is there an easier way?
    Warcraft Logs organises Damage Taken into different sections.

You can hover over your Damage Taken to reveal your Mitigated/Staggered damage.

Then you just compare that to the damage actually taken by Stagger.

So 4.84m damage mitigated - 1.76m damage from Stagger = 3.08m damage purified.

So from that you can see I staggered 4.84m in total through the fight, and took 1.76m of that as Stagger damage. This mean I effectively purified 64% of my Stagger. Unless I just had a brain fart in terms of maths.

I was running Chi Explosion for this though; if I were running Serenity, you can expect it to be much lower.
    Last edited by mmocf25b20f6e2; 2014-12-16 at 01:00 PM.