Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    3 chi while actively tanking to purify, 2 chi while not tanking. e-z.
    When you say 2chi that is for Shuffle purpose, yeah? 2x2chi isn't actually more dmg than 1x4chi or is the dmg not linear for Brewmasters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chuqtaylor View Post
    When you say 2chi that is for Shuffle purpose, yeah? 2x2chi isn't actually more dmg than 1x4chi or is the dmg not linear for Brewmasters?
    Not linear, you get 75% AP + 75% AP per chi, ChiEx2 = 225% (=112.5% per chi), Chiex4 = 375% (=93.75% per chi)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinette View Post
    Not linear, you get 75% AP + 75% AP per chi, ChiEx2 = 225% (=112.5% per chi), Chiex4 = 375% (=93.75% per chi)
    Aah cool, for some reason I thought it had been changed to 75%ap for 1xChi and then 75% for each extra. Ty for the clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, technically it deals the most dmg per chi with 1 chi but because of shuffle and GCD usage it is not worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Frankly I stopped reading his wall of text post when he said you had to decide to keg smash or purify that gcd.
    There seem to be small walls where you are from. But yes, I chose a stupid example (since it´s obviously wrong) but the point remains.

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a dream last night where they fixed Way of the Monk EB gen for brews after everyone had swapped to 2h. Totally a wow nerd.

So all this time i been losing dps with my ways of 3+. Now i cant wait for butcher progress.

Also - am i being thick or has Guard changed? I 240% resolve 'only' gave me a 420k shield, I've got way higher before...Sorry, not very good with the maths but couldnt reach high guards as normal the other day (best being a 720k)

Quote Originally Posted by amarathy View Post
    1) Can I get away with running 685 scale and 670 cma or will I get shreded
    2) chiex/serenity?
    3) for those tanking the fight as well, are you guys on adds in intermissions or wmage/reaver?
    4) How many times can I expect to blow up the raid by fucking up my transcendence
    1/2: The damage from the boss isn't too rough, but adds/reaver kinda hurt. The fight has two notable DPS checks - Intermission 2 and phase 4, both of which are predominantly about single target. If your raid needs the DPS, or your strat calls for you to DPS the adds, you can go ChiEx here without much complication. If not, you can go serenity (and use your tank trinkets, if you have some) to save the healers some grief. Up to you.

3: You can kite adds in intermission if you're saving them up to be blown up together, or you can blow them up as you go with ChiEx. If you have another tank that's doing that job, you can always go on Reaver/Mages. I do the later because I was kinda killing the adds too quickly, but down to your comp/strat.

4: It's really more about the ranged/healer positioning than you, unless you put it in the wrong spot (displacing mark sends you to a person, so every valid target needs to be within 40 yards of your spirit). P3 version is pretty easy if you watch your Transfer and make sure you're in range... and don't space out and forget to drop your spirit after you use it. Not that I've ever done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it still gives me double the tooltip value at base. Are you sure you didn't use it a lot during evergaze proc/something else? Evergaze makes guards absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    As opposed to Pally tanks where you just auto attack + seraphim and 500k dps
    There are also Paladin outliers who use all their non-Seraphim Holy Power on Harsh Words, which benefits from Resolve. Skews data a bit, since they can't do that on a progression Mythic fight without dying (well, I doubt they can).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    There are also Paladin outliers who use all their non-Seraphim Holy Power on Harsh Words, which benefits from Resolve. Skews data a bit, since they can't do that on a progression Mythic fight without dying (well, I doubt they can).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    please don't look at my paladins logs

*sweats furiously*

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Well it still gives me double the tooltip value at base. Are you sure you didn't use it a lot during evergaze proc/something else? Evergaze makes guards absolutely ridiculous.
    Would explain it, i'm new to WA so havent set up trinket procs yet :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Would explain it, i'm new to WA so havent set up trinket procs yet :/
    I use TMW for simple CD trackers and buff timers. It is kind of WA for dummies in that way.

WA I use to copy stuff from people smarter than me.

not going to lie, i've been using CE4 single target all this time assuming it was 4x the damage of CE1. woops
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

CE1: 150%ap
    CE2: 225%ap
    CE3: 300%ap
    CE4: 375%ap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quotey View Post
    not going to lie, i've been using ce4 single target all this time assuming it was 4x the damage of ce1. Woops
    good job nerd

Might have to do a hard switch to crit to make up for the fact that our dps sucks and we're literally 300 - 500k off of a kill (the story of our last couple wipes). GM yelled at me to stop speed taunting because that was "causing the boss to do weird things", never mind that this whole expac bosses' have basically done whatever they want with the "new more responsive boss movements for better tank control".

Mythic weapons? Nope, not a one this week.
    Raiders who take the time to go through logs and find improvements? Nope, I (with the help of a few others) had to go through and step by step explain to our WW how to improve and then go through the resto shaman and explain why cloudburst sucks.

CE1: 150%ap
    CE2: 225%ap
    CE3: 300%ap
    CE4: 375%ap
    Disregard shuffle, acquire dps.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Might have to do a hard switch to crit to make up for the fact that our dps sucks and we're literally 300 - 500k off of a kill (the story of our last couple wipes). GM yelled at me to stop speed taunting because that was "causing the boss to do weird things", never mind that this whole expac bosses' have basically done whatever they want with the "new more responsive boss movements for better tank control".

Mythic weapons? Nope, not a one this week.
    Raiders who take the time to go through logs and find improvements? Nope, I (with the help of a few others) had to go through and step by step explain to our WW how to improve and then go through the resto shaman and explain why cloudburst sucks.

Disregard shuffle, acquire dps.
    My offer still stands, Lebluuuuuue.

My GM and I almost got into it over the speed taunting thing. The boss bugged out maybe 3 times the entire night so first he tries to blame me on changing position on cleave (spoiler alert transcendence!) then just goes to speed taunting as the reason we're not killing the boss. Because the boss being back in position a few seconds faster every cleave totally wouldn't have made up 300k over the course of the fight. Nope nope nope.

May or may not be salty about this.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    My GM and I almost got into it over the speed taunting thing. The boss bugged out maybe 3 times the entire night so first he tries to blame me on changing position on cleave (spoiler alert transcendence!) then just goes to speed taunting as the reason we're not killing the boss. Because the boss being back in position a few seconds faster every cleave totally wouldn't have made up 300k over the course of the fight. Nope nope nope.

May or may not be salty about this.
    OFFER STILL STANDS

I mean you've seen my kill video where the boss actually beats me to the starting position. It ain't great.