Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    Yeah, checking over a few of my logs I tend between 70% and 80% of stagger purified.

Out of interest, what keybind do you guys use for PB? I have mine on capslock which is fine for 90% of situations, but it can be hard to continue using other abilities and move and purify at the same time.
    My PB is on the keybind R, really easy to hit since my finger is resting on E already.

Deleted
    There is no "ideal purifying ratio". If your not in danger of dying just BoK that Mob as often as you can no matter how high your stagger is if your dmg output matters.
    If you in danger of dying PB as often as possible. Easy as that.

M Tectus is a good example:
    In the first two phases you are quite safe as a tank, and the raid gets nearly no damage at all; healers can focus on you, so you can ignore green/yellow stagger and do lots of damage and build up shuffle for p3.
    In P3 the dmg income is insane. You will need every CD you can get and you want to use every chi you can get for PB as long as your shuffle is up.

Chi Explosion is awesome in terms of damage for this fight and if your raid needs that extra damage go for it. Should the extra dmg be not necessary take Serenity. P3 will destroy your tanks and each second your tanks live your chances to kill the boss will skyrocket, and believe me, in most cases your tanks WILL die.

Btw: If you are popping FB in P2 you gonna have a bad time in P3. Dampen Harm is also nice to have in P3 but eaten away almost instantly.

Xuen is way better than RJW for this fight. Even in P3 it does more damage on the motes than RJW.

Got to tank a few bosses in heroic. Went over the logs and noticed something weird. Ko'ragh and Imperator Mar'gok both have adds called Volatile Anomaly. You know, those adds that explode when killed. Thought they'd be ideal for a brewmaster to tank since you can gather them easily with your statue. Was surprised that they hurt a lot with their melee attacks. Went over the logs later: I didn't stagger their melee attacks. At all. Guess they count as magical damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malygon View Post
    Got to tank a few bosses in heroic. Went over the logs and noticed something weird. Ko'ragh and Imperator Mar'gok both have adds called Volatile Anomaly. You know, those adds that explode when killed. Thought they'd be ideal for a brewmaster to tank since you can gather them easily with your statue. Was surprised that they hurt a lot with their melee attacks. Went over the logs later: I didn't stagger their melee attacks. At all. Guess they count as magical damage?
    They deal Arcane damage, if I remember correctly. Might be wrong, but try running with Soul Dance and see if it's staggered.

Deleted
    I play with a couple of friends and we are really really really new to the whole raiding deal. We still have major problems with Brackenspore

but since I've heard that butcher is a good measuring boss, I would really appreciate if someone could help me improve myself more with the help of this log
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/QzvPnRXHDYKV8mbG#fight=9&type=casts&source=9 (can't post links yet).

I've read so much stuff here and watch others logs to see their timings and it helped me improve my dmg. I still do a little to little as a tank though. I wish I could atleast be around 12k but I struggle to reach 10k

Thanx in advance

Deleted
    @ Lusse:

1. Possible KS casts : 33. You did 16. Ergo you lost 17 Chi, and a huge load of damage/shuffle/purifying.
    2. You used Tiger Palm 2 Times for the whole duration. This spell is your filler, everytime you have not enough energy to cast KS or Jab or not enough chi to cast BoK or want to pool chi you use Tigerpalm. Maintaining the Buff comes from alone if you use the spell the right way.
    3.Tiger Power uptime 15,47% should be above 95%, mentioned at 2.
    4.Power Strikes is sometimes up for a long time. This means you propably cap energy often too. Try to never cap energy and even more important do not cap chi! For Power Strikes: try to use jab asap after the buff is active (but do not prioritize over KS.) power Stikes has a set 15 second timer. If you dont use jab at least once in these 15 seconds you waste 1Chi.
    5. Use Chi Wave more often. For max dmg use it on CD.
    6. Use Touch of Death more often (Adds ect.) obv. not on butcher ^^
    7. I dont think you need Souldance in normal mode. Use Xuen for singletarget and cleave fights, best with Trinketprocs/Armorpots for maximum performance.

Shuffle looks good, PB usage is okayish but hard to say if you should PB more or less.
    Last edited by mmoc779b06e0a9; 2014-12-19 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazor View Post
    I believe higher numbers can be pulled on a fight like The Butcher, actually, but not by a huge amount, ~85% maybe a little bit higher on the extreme end. The difference in total damage taken isn't huge though.

Mazor.
    I had a go at this the other night on H Butcher, managed to purify 85.2% of stagger damage. I only used chi on 1xGuard, 1xToD, enough BoK to get shuffle to the end of the fight and PB.

Deleted
    Good lord... THANK YOU TherealNerz!

What addons does everyone use to track resolve spikes for dem juicy guards? I haven't got round to fixing up my UI yet as i was using YugoMonks one in SoO but that seems to be of died in WoD. Never used WeakAuras, is it easy to set-up?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I could play at half my level without weakauras. There are a plethora of ones you can just import. Think there is still a thread about them on this forum. Or just find a streamer who you like their setup and see if they have their's posted or ask. They are fairly easy to set up yourself once you get the hang of it.

Yeah i know sunniers has a weakauras thread somewhere on his blog, I'll try and get used to it i guess :P Can't do any harm with Mythic coming up in the New Year for my guild

Quote Originally Posted by Malygon View Post

You can stagger it witth soul dance, and having diffuse for diving into the (koragh) suppression fields /(imper) tanking p4 adds is nice if thats what youre having problems with.
    Last edited by Korki; 2014-12-19 at 09:40 PM. Reason: phone typibf is hardg

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Yeah i know sunniers has a weakauras thread somewhere on his blog, I'll try and get used to it i guess :P Can't do any harm with Mythic coming up in the New Year for my guild
    HER blog. It's a common mistake :P

Something that's been pretty important recently in Mythic is just how crazy Resolve changes from second to second. A Resolve tracker is basically mandatory for Mythic tanking, but having a tracker and watching it are two different things.

Because Resolve is only based off of the last 10 seconds, brief 2-3 second periods of time of taking no damage can absolutely destroy your Resolve.

Take Kargath for example. Impale is realistically the only thing in the entire fight that could potentially kill you as a tank (and even then it's not likely). Impale is kind of weird though because it has a 2 second cast time before the channel that stops you from doing anything, so you obviously want to Guard before Impale goes off. With the way Resolve works though, in that 2 second cast time your Resolve might drop from 200% to 180% to 160%, so it's actually more optimal to Guard the instant the cast time starts instead of waiting until right before it ends, as silly as that sounds.

This also applies to Mar'gok simply because he stops and casts things almost all the time. If you watch your Resolve closely, there is massive variance between when you're getting AA'd and when he's doing a raid mechanic cast.

I think the Resolve fluctuation is going be very important throughout the entire expansion if this trend continues because of how heavily it impacts Guard sizes. A 2 second difference can make Guard +/-100,000 which is like an entire melee swing.

Deleted
    quick question

640 versatility+bonus armor ring vs 670 crit+haste ring? :/

Also, simming my monk has haste as my best stat by far, simming other monks and it's giving a negative value (how is that even possible?) for tmi and dtps. Is this just some kind of simc quirk?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Something that's been pretty important recently in Mythic is just how crazy Resolve changes from second to second. A Resolve tracker is basically mandatory for Mythic tanking, but having a tracker and watching it are two different things.

Because Resolve is only based off of the last 10 seconds, brief 2-3 second periods of time of taking no damage can absolutely destroy your Resolve.

Take Kargath for example. Impale is realistically the only thing in the entire fight that could potentially kill you as a tank (and even then it's not likely). Impale is kind of weird though because it has a 2 second cast time before the channel that stops you from doing anything, so you obviously want to Guard before Impale goes off. With the way Resolve works though, in that 2 second cast time your Resolve might drop from 200% to 180% to 160%, so it's actually more optimal to Guard the instant the cast time starts instead of waiting until right before it ends, as silly as that sounds.

This also applies to Mar'gok simply because he stops and casts things almost all the time. If you watch your Resolve closely, there is massive variance between when you're getting AA'd and when he's doing a raid mechanic cast.

I think the Resolve fluctuation is going be very important throughout the entire expansion if this trend continues because of how heavily it impacts Guard sizes. A 2 second difference can make Guard +/-100,000 which is like an entire melee swing.
    There seems to be some kind of funky behavior with resolve in general, it can bounce up and down by amounts that shouldn't even be possible considering it's an average over 10sec. Quake on twins has mine jumping between 200% and 0% every second. Trying to twitch reflex a high resolve guard just seems like bizarre gameplay.

It's not a uniform average over 10s though, it's weighted towards the most recent damage you took. The weighting formula is 2 * (10 - time_elapsed_since_hit) / 10, so right after you take a hit it has a weight of 2, but a hit you took 9s ago only has a weight of 0.2.

It shouldn't be bouncing between 200% and 0% every second though, dunno what's up with that. You can see the effects of the weighting better when you're taking slow hits like 3-4s apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    quick question

640 versatility+bonus armor ring vs 670 crit+haste ring? :/
    The forum has been getting spammed with questions like this in the past week, for all three specs. I guess we could get some psuedo-official stat weights put together to list in the OP, but I dunno what's worse: the spam, or everyone following a list of weights blindly without understanding why.

Short story, whoever looted that crit/haste ring to you made a mistake. You'll replace it the instant you get any 670 ring with BA on it (eg. the BA/mastery ring from the same boss), and haste is still terrible for us. It should have gone to a DPS who could get full benefit out of it, and then you wouldn't be asking this question. Hang onto it for your WW offspec I guess, but in the meantime my guess (without looking at the particular numbers) is that the BA on the 640 is going to beat out the extra agi+stam on the 670.

Run some sims if you want to be sure.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2014-12-20 at 01:58 AM.

I have seen Resolve bounce like crazy outside of what makes logical sense (like 50-200%), although every time that happens when I try to capture it with a Guard I just get the lower amount. I think there might just be a reporting bug with some periodic effects or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    What do you think about the blackrock enchant now? It can now proc <60% after the hit instead of <50% prior so it can proc from the attack that made you low. Also the proc chance is now 100% instead of 30%.

Is it better than crit enchant to have on 2h weapon now?
    Asking this again . For Mythic obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Asking this again . For Mythic obviously.
    It's amazing... I have been getting 20-25% uptime while progressing on twin ogrons. Definitely better than the crit one for reducing damage, cheaper to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goil View Post
    It's amazing... I have been getting 20-25% uptime while progressing on twin ogrons. Definitely better than the crit one for reducing damage, cheaper to.
    Your mileage may vary. There was only three instances on our Twin Ogron Mythic kill where I dropped below 60%, and that's with full-dps build.

However, on Mythic Tectus there's rarely a shy moment where I'm above 60% health. So it really depends on the encounter.