10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with that is a Lei Shi encounter. No stagger to clear for magic.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    Problem with that is a Lei Shi encounter. No stagger to clear for magic.
    True, but if there was a good Soul Dance redesign, then you'd want that instead. That'd be the way to go, I think.

EDIT: You were talking to Misume weren't you. Ha.

What I'd do with Soul Dance would probably attach it to Shuffle. Not based off of Stagger, but just a flat percentage boost to magic reduction. Either that, or Elusive Brew, though the former sounds the better option. That way you have the component of "you have to actively use this to keep it up" and it's useful on pure magic fights.

The biggest thing is also that it has more areas where it can be messed with for balance purposes. Anything even touching upon stagger makes balance quagmirical. Tuning knobs are far more sensitive, because they're directly tied to a stat, more or less.

With purifies, that's also another thing that would be difficult to balance because there's a large skill component in effective purifying, which means the talent could potentially be OP for high-skill players and then really difficult to get good effectiveness for low-skill players. That'd just create the problem we had in 6.0 with the massive buff. Would be really difficult to balance, even if the concept IS awesome.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2015-07-29 at 08:07 PM.

Deleted
    Another alternative for Soul Dance would be to make it similar to stance swapping. Normal stance, stagger physical, nothing magical. Swap into Soul Dance Stance, stagger magical, nothing physical. Swap back from Soul Dance Stance, etc etc.

The Soul Dance Stance Trance Dance, Lance Vance.

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Another alternative for Soul Dance would be to make it similar to stance swapping. Normal stance, stagger physical, nothing magical. Swap into Soul Dance Stance, stagger magical, nothing physical. Swap back from Soul Dance Stance, etc etc.

Also not a bad idea. Definitely would be more active than tagging it onto shuffle.

Deleted

I like this. However I'm pretty sure that if they make SD a stance, they will penalize the stance swap somehow making it desirable only for very hard hitting magic.

Deleted

When Lance Vance does the Soul Dance Stance Trance Dance, does he prance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiwen View Post
    I like this. However I'm pretty sure that if they make SD a stance, they will penalize the stance swap somehow making it desirable only for very hard hitting magic.
    Considering that the majority of your damage taken would be physical on most fights, there's already that natural penalty. You'd be taking more damage in favor of taking less burst from the magic.

Would be fight-dependent, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    When Lance Vance does the Soul Dance Stance Trance Dance, does he prance?
    Lance Vance will only prance when he does the Soul Dance Stance Trance Dance while he has a chance to be in France without pants.

Deleted
    That's a cool idea but in practice you never ever take only magical damage (or it's a big chunk and you use diffuse magic/dampen harm/zen med...) so you'd end up never using it(a monk without physical stagger would just get gimped in 2melee hit by any mythic boss), so the talent would be as useless as it is now

So difficult? question. Im using a heroic Blast Furnace Door and an empowered Spineshard Crest (291 mastery, 291 armor) trinket. I looted a normal Warlord's Unseeing Eye last night. Im currently 12/13 normal, 7/13 heroic. Im having a difficult time choosing between Spineshard Crest and WUE. I dont think WUE is very good on normal because the damage output on normal isnt really that high. But im sure someone on here would have a better insight on numbers than i, so im asking.

Deleted
    Spineshard is pulling ahead in DPS a bit, however if you are after smoother damage intake then WUE wins no matter the content you are doing and I found the haste from it to be useful combined with the 4p (especially if healers forget about you, which tends to happen quite often).

For farm content I'd aim for BFD/Anzu + Censer.
    Last edited by mmocd98a93b720; 2015-07-30 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donatist View Post
    I think it is probably better overall but my bear cotank wants to save ring for his berserk, but I wanna use it on CD >.>
    Why in the world would you want to use it on CD and not with Xuen?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiwen View Post
    Spineshard is pulling ahead in DPS a bit, however if you are after smoother damage intake then WUE wins no matter the content you are doing and I found the haste from it to be useful combined with the 4p (especially if healers forget about you, which tends to happen quite often).

For farm content I'd aim for BFD/Anzu + Censer.
    Why would you take censor over blademasters?

Deleted
    Mainly because I'm lazy and I don't like on use trinkets if they aren't defensive ones. While it's true that Blademasters is on first place for DPS, in reality Censer isn't that far away and besides damage it also increases your self-healing, it's not a huge increase, but it's enough to let your MW monk to fistweave 90% of the time which results in a higher overall raid DPS.

If you are going for personal rankings however, Blademaster wins, otherwise, for me at least, I preffer Censer.

//Actually I lie, for AoE fights even though I'm lazy, I'd go with Blademaster. I only have Censer atm tho.
    Last edited by mmocd98a93b720; 2015-07-30 at 02:04 AM.

One day I dream of being able to play with dps trinkets and scumbag...maybe when we're on month 15 or HFC though :'(
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Why in the world would you want to use it on CD and not with Xuen?
    Because you would lose one usage by delaying the ring instead of delaying Xuen on a (for example) 5 Minute Fight.

0:00 - Xuen + Ring
    2:00 - Ring
    4:00 - Xuen + Ring

or

0:00 - Xuen + Ring
    3:00 - Xuen + Ring

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    One day I dream of being able to play with dps trinkets and scumbag...maybe when we're on month 15 or HFC though :'(
    I go back and forth. Heavier stuff on heroic I use tank trinkets (1/13m group). Does require good heals though. Our disc and hpal are both pulling serious weight so doing more damage is actually pretty healthy for my specific group that has a few underperforming dmg dealers. Echoing others in the thread, play to your group style.

When you rank DPS trinkets you also have to take ST or aoe into account.

I'm sure Misume will correct me if I'm wrong but I think the order would be more like this for DPS

SDI > Soul Cap/Censer > Blademaster etc. etc.

Certain trinket combinations work better than others.

Soul Cap is supper gimmicky, shit for a situation like Tyrant P3 and quite skill dependant since you will need a cancel aura macro for it to be effective because of aforementioned reasons.

Blademaster is amazing for most cleave fights, specifically because of the one minute CD which means you can line it up with pretty much everything. Wowhead does say the Mirrors don't benefit from % based damage increases. Far as I remember, they scale off your AP and haste (making them bladestorm faster)

SDI has no defensive value, any it does is skill/player based, obviously because the trinket has no stats.

Misume already covered this but Censer is a good middle ground as the multistrike is purely for DPS but the large and frequent agi proc allows you to line it up for bigger guards or expel harms.

Deleted
    I hate the healers I'm currently raiding with... Standing in reap, standing in doomwell (Gorefiend), telling them to leave me alone and they still kept me topped off... And laughed about it :P It's becoming a running joke to not let me get below 50% health. So unfair . It seems to be really bad for krsi to do that, btw :P

I looked briefly at your logs Jacksel and to me it seems they are for the most of it leaving you fairly alone? There will always be passive healing from hots and beacon. The thing is bosses in Normal and Heroic doesn't really hit hard enough to drop you a lot if you play correctly. Once you start getting into Mythic you'll notice that you drop more often to 50% even with that passive healing. Your HP basically becomes binary either 100% with Guard for a long time or drops quickly to 50%ish until you recover.

Deleted
    That and there's honestly no reason to let yourself drop aside from a select few fights.

Also KRSI is still the dumbest thing in the world Jacksel

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway. Mannoroth Mythic is slowly making me realise how much we're 1. Sorely missing a x% Damage Reduction, and 2. How fucking stupid the design of Elusive Brew is.