Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    If you can't get raid trinkets then Knight's Badge is pretty good. The stage 4 knight's badge looks better than anything that drops in LFR or mythic dungeons.
    Awesome, thanks ^^

I've used Sunniers Guard estimate WA and it felt pretty spot on in the past -- only being a bit Fubar around 1 mill point, but in HFC I pretty often see a 600k estimate and end up with a 800k Guards. Anyone got an up to date custom function that estimates Guard size correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Hey guys, long time lurker here, asking for some tips. Yesterday, we were on heroic Archimonde and day before that on mythic Assault and Reaver. I felt extremely weak and I managed to die few times. I was like: "I have to switch back to mastery build, I'm not good enough", then I checked logs and I can definitely see some mistakes, but it doesn't feel like bad bad. So imo the best thing I can do, is to ask you guys here, what I can and should improve.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/HTAzQhPVdGbfvky7#fight=6
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Guddr%C3%B6g/advanced
    (can't post links)

thank you in advance, also keep up the good work in this thread

Deleted
    My Guard estimate WA(don't know from whom it is, just took one from the WA thread) doesn't react to Sanctus being popped and that's usually ~200k more absorb that I'm getting out of a guard, so it could be that @redi

Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    I've used Sunniers Guard estimate WA and it felt pretty spot on in the past
    There's one thing I've noticed when I was testing it: while your Resolve buff shows integer percents (40% resolve), in fact they can be floating-point numbers (40.4% resolve), and apparently the only way to get resolve is to get buff's value via UnitBuff().

Though that alone wouldn't make a 200k difference. When did you update her aura the last time? I've just imported it from her website and the formula is correct: 18 * AP * versatility multiplier * resolve multiplier. If the glyph is on it multiplies all that by 1.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Reaver p2 is really good, more from healing & dps perspectives than tanking though. p1 is obviously aids.
    Completely agree about p1. Especially since I'm DK-ing (yeah, lol @ Swat) this patch. P2, I don't know, they just copied a mechanic from Iron Juggernaut, I've seen that mechanic two tiers ago, come on.

Deleted
    Going to be off-spec tanking Kormrok, Council and Kilrogg mythic tonight. Any tips and/or tricks specific to BrM I should know about?

use diffuse magic on kormrok and council. can purge marks on council w/ diffuse and just soak waves w/ it on kormrok. kilrogg, as long as your dps is good, not too much to worry about, move the brute out before it explodes on raid and use shitty EB on sunder cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinelle View Post
    There's one thing I've noticed when I was testing it: while your Resolve buff shows integer percents (40% resolve), in fact they can be floating-point numbers (40.4% resolve), and apparently the only way to get resolve is to get buff's value via UnitBuff().

Though that alone wouldn't make a 200k difference. When did you update her aura the last time? I've just imported it from her website and the formula is correct: 18 * AP * versatility multiplier * resolve multiplier. If the glyph is on it multiplies all that by 1.1.

Re-imported his WA to compare with mine, I've got the same formula in Stack Info custom function. Went to target dummy now and with 0 resolve I get 137k Guard Estimate & actual Guard. With Sanctus popped the estimate stays at 137k but I get a 173k Guard. I'm betting that's where the erroneous guards at some times come from. I guess the Custom Function is looking at equipped Versatility and not taking in to account the Sanctus buff at all?

Edit: Yup! By testing with /run print(GetCombatRating(29)) it returns the same Versatility amount regardless of Sanctus buff.
    Edit2: Adding GetVersatilityBonus(30) to the custom function seems to do the trick. I'll post the updated WA here in a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, here's the fixed Stack Info custom function for Sunniers Guard Expected Value WeakAura. As stated above, had to add the GetVersatilityBonus(30) to the equation so that Sanctus (and probably other Vers. affecting auras) are calculated correctly when estimating Guard size.

Code:
    function()
        local glyphed = false 
        local base,plus,minus = UnitAttackPower("player")
        local realAP = base+plus+minus
        local guardAmount =  18*realAP
        local versatility = 1 + ((GetCombatRating(29)/130) + GetVersatilityBonus(30)) / 100    
        for i = 1, NUM_GLYPH_SLOTS do
            local enabled, _, _, glyphSpellID = GetGlyphSocketInfo(i)
            if (enabled) then
                if (glyphSpellID ~= nil) then
                    local name = GetSpellInfo(glyphSpellID)
                    if (name == "Glyph of Guard") then
                        glyphed = true
                        break
                    end
                end
            end
        end
        if glyphed == true then
            guardAmount = 1.1*guardAmount
        end
        local  _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,resolve, _=UnitBuff("player", "Resolve")
        resolve = resolve or 0
        guardAmount = guardAmount*(1+resolve/100) * versatility 
        guardAmount = math.floor(guardAmount/1000)

return guardAmount
    end
    Last edited by redfella; 2015-08-04 at 07:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    Going to be off-spec tanking Kormrok, Council and Kilrogg mythic tonight. Any tips and/or tricks specific to BrM I should know about?
    Kormrok:
    - Make sure you are topped when you get the explode Debuff and try to time a Guard in the very last second before the debuff comes. You are stunned then and cannot do everything else. Call for an external if not topped/no guard is up

- Zen Meditaion works when you are Grabbed by the Tank Hand as an emergency CD. But most of the time grabbed you spam EH and Guard.

- Diffuse Magic can safe your life in the purple Phase (after Swat to walk through the puddles or for the waves when you are not safe at dodging them)

Council:
    - Diffuse Magic can remove Mark on you without spreading it to 3 other targets

- If tanking Dia make sure always have some EB stacks for her Melee Phase and a combination of Guard and/or externals

- Touch of Death on a Blademaster Image to reduce the Raid Damage

Killrogg:
    - I liked Diffuse Magic here but Healing Elixiers should be the default Choice. Overall it doesnt really matter which talent you pick here, the Boss is one of the easiest in this instance from Tank PoV

- Chi Brew to be sure to have EB stacks for every Shredded Armor Cast. Depending on your Co Tank Class it could make sense to let him take the boss fulltime and you take the Add fulltime with one exeption. You can pick up the first Add, your Co Tank the 2nd Add, and Add 3+ (I dont know how many come) you can tank without running in mindcontroll danger

- Place Transcendance to your Addpuddle Soaking Position. You can teleport out when the Add has about 2-3 Mio HP left, depending on your ranged Execute. In our kills my Touch of Death was ready for every Add. It depends on your Raids Damage on the Add. You should have a Guard up when the Add dies. His explosion can hurt.
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2015-08-04 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    Got HC Censer, now only if that goddamn Anzu would drop...I'm still runing HC BFD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    snip

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiwen View Post
    Got HC Censer, now only if that goddamn Anzu would drop...I'm still runing HC BFD.
    I still haven't gotten an Anzu on either of my 3 tanks yet. Frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    I still haven't gotten an Anzu on either of my 3 tanks yet. Frustrating.
    I have 10 Iskar kills and I never saw it drop for me nor for my cotank, so yeah -_-. It's a good thing it's not in the loot table in LFR, because it would probably drop if I go and kill him on LFR. In MoP I had Bad Juju(Council) from LFR 'till Malkorok HC.

I also still have the back from Gruul HC, not even one back with bonus armor dropped.

7+ Year Old Account
    my co tank got anzu in first id on nhc i got mine on the first iskar kill on hc

Quote Originally Posted by Lamiwen View Post
    I have 10 Iskar kills and I never saw it drop for me nor for my cotank, so yeah -_-.
    Yeah, it's exactly the same story for me. At least WUE dropped for both me and my co-tank. Still running with normal (!) BFD, but hey, it's not too bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    my co tank got anzu in first id on nhc i got mine on the first iskar kill on hc
    Lucky bastards! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sinelle View Post
    Yeah, it's exactly the same story for me. At least WUE dropped for both me and my co-tank. Still running with normal (!) BFD, but hey, it's not too bad.
    At the moment I'm alternating between the following trinkets depending on the boss: WUE (HCWF), SDI (HC), TTT(N), BFD(HC) and now I will go for Censer + BFD for farm bosses I think.
    If I'd get a HC Anzu, I'd be a happy man. However...I have a feeling it will be the same as with the Blackfuse trinket, in over 50kills including LFR, it dropped only once and even then I was on my paladin...

On my monk I've got BWD (MWF), ISS (HWF), WUE (N), and no other decent trinkets. Really want ACP and SDI (for damage done), and eventually when our hunters are done with it I'll get my hands on Mirror, and probably Censer too.

Censor and WUE do not exist for our guild. They just refuse to drop (or be coined).

Anzu's on the other hand are going for offspecs, i got a hc/wf and my co-tank has it on both his tanks even
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

See my problem was I stopped playing my monk cause it was said they weren't going to be as viable as others, now I miss it, and can't get any tier or trinkets.

Deleted
    1 Anzu's dropped so far and went to my dk co-tank, cuz he won the roll (We both called BIS, so we rolled for it).