Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    For those interested, I'll be on Final Boss tonight on the tank roundup. 4 est (I think)
    I was so hoping for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Hey guys, do you have any tips for tanking mythic Xhul'lorac? Im tanking the Vanguard, and its reeeeeally hard to keep me alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peuserejo View Post
    Hey guys, do you have any tips for tanking mythic Xhul'lorac? Im tanking the Vanguard, and its reeeeeally hard to keep me alive.
    There's only a few(2 or 3) really bad overlaps of Felblaze Flurry and Fel Strike, make sure to use Diffuse/Dampen, Fort and Zen Med for those. Also: just get every external, the Omnus tank shouldn't need any and once your add is dead, you're not gonna need any either. Be very careful when trying to use the tank ring defensively on this fight though, there's plenty of opportunity to kill each other with it.

What about glyph of guard and soul dance? You think its a viable choice?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peuserejo View Post
    What about glyph of guard and soul dance? You think its a viable choice?
    No.

There is no real reason to gimp yourself when the boss melees like a truck in the final phase. Just use WUE and you'll be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

For those who were interested;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONlhCGV1Qpw

The Final Boss show I was on was a round up of Brewmaster and Guardian Druids. Nothing too groundbreaking but it's there if you want to watch.

watched, khaelyn came around a little bit bored.

it was good to listen to. and i hope that DH will not be a FTOM class in dps and spec. i think every monk i talked to will reroll...
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siccora View Post
    watched, khaelyn came around a little bit bored.

it was good to listen to. and i hope that DH will not be a FTOM class in dps and spec. i think every monk i talked to will reroll...
    I think it's probably cos bears are boring as all fuck. Unless you're scumming Soul Cap and HOTW

Thank you for your help, I managed to stay alive alternating my cooldowns with externals like every 10 seconds. I still die sometimes, but much less often lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    I think it's probably cos bears are boring as all fuck.
    Oh no, there's a mechanic coming up that deals a lot of tank damage, I guess I'm going to use... jk I have health to spare, just gonna sit here.

I think it's probably cos bears are boring as all fuck. Unless NOPE
    Fixed.

Playing around an RPPM proc, a 6min cd, another 3min cd and catching them all together when you don't have to tank or play fetch in today's tanking world is #keepdreaming. You can do it on the pull and Gorefiend Feast and that's it. Not exactly exciting gameplay when it's a fantasy coming alive ~once in a raidnight.

For all that, I don't regret rerolling on bear at all, was definitely the smarter choice for this tier. Monks may have all the survivability potential in the world and don't need healers, bears instead make good on surviving in realistic scenarios and don't require lightning reflexes and careful forethought.

Started watching the podcast. Calling bears avoidance tanks LOL

http://imgur.com/r2LqF89
    Yday's SS from my new pally fellowtank. :'(

Do the changes to BoK change anything for BrM monks or will it still be best to take Chi exp in most situations?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolled View Post
    Do the changes to BoK change anything for BrM monks or will it still be best to take Chi exp in most situations?
    I think using Serenity may net you a little more dps on certain encounters but the Tiger Palm buff seems more interesting.

Honestly I don't think it's much of an increase to our dps anyway. It's not like they buffed the damage on Keg Smash.

- - - Updated - - -

My question is if I'm going full Mastery build...

Which enchant should I use for my weapon on progression fights?

I'm liking the extra Elusive Brews I get from Thunderlord because it works when you aren't actively tanking.

Blackrock seems like it's a 1 and done proc and doesn't really make a difference between me living and dying (which should be it's function).

Bleeding Hollow feels like it procs at inopportune times....

What are everyone's thoughts?

Thunderlord isn't exactly going to "save you" either. Out of all the enchants Blackrock is likely to help you defensively when you need it most because its specific proc is when your health is dipping (the problem is AA swings or otherwise) which theoretically is when you're actively tanking and can use the bonus. Obviously the icd and when it actually procs are different things but its the best for pure defensive reasons. I think trying to pin living and dying on an enchant is giving an enchant a lot more credit than it really should, especially when you consider the enchants that tanks in the past have taken (Dancing Steel in MoP, Landslide in Cata, and I honestly don't remember what tanks were using in WotLK because I healed at the time) they were generally dps ones because it was a proc that may or may not work at all while you always gained throughput with the tank ones. To be honest, the only thing that "hamstrings" the mark of blackrock is that you can go long periods without proccing it because you don't get hit hard enough or aren't tanking for long periods of time.

The TL;DR is: Survival - Blackrock, Dps - Frostwolf, and a hybrid you can roll w/ Thunderlord.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Blackrock for mythic progression thunderlord or frostwolf for everything else.

The thing about blackrock is you might not notice it saving you, but it absolutely always procs when you need it. Not just accounting for the physical DR it adds, account for the extra healing it pumps into EH, GOTO and Guard as well, when you need it.

And thunderlord if you're using class trinket presumably

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Blackrock for mythic progression thunderlord or frostwolf for everything else.

The thing about blackrock is you might not notice it saving you, but it absolutely always procs when you need it. Not just accounting for the physical DR it adds, account for the extra healing it pumps into EH, GOTO and Guard as well, when you need it.
    Personally been going with thunderlord for mythic progress so far. Will probably switch for the last 3 though.

Archy dead!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6zoKL2oMZU
    Would have snagged r5 damage among all tanks. If I weren't dead last 20% of the fight cause Source works on threat and not active target. And despite dying and despite no 2nd HotW use. And if logs were public if if if

Now I can start bringing monk in Mythics again! Have some depth in scumbagging dps.

Went through "avoidance" (and what a nisnomer that is for both BrM and Bears) tanks Finalboss.

GJ to Misume, EXCEPT on the first question of boss-tank dancing since WoD, especially Velhari.
    You both gave the answer "deal with it", when you DO have a solution that works. You actually touched on it, just on the other side of the spectrum, when mentioning speed increases. Getting Body&Soul and boss running a dash across the room. Just flip that. Toggle walk and boss doesn't run. It's that simple.
    And you can still avoid everything Tyrant throws at you in p1 and 2 on that specific encounter.

The Khaelyn side isn't really BrM topic, but this thread is as much a tank crossroads as any, so I'll still throw it here ^^

IMO she overemphasizes the need to "heal" bears stacking MS. In some cases of heavy damage (looking at your p2 Archy) that actually is a concern. But the damage is magical anyway, so Mastery doesn't do anything.

Second point, druid class trinket being shit because it's based on AP and tanks supposedly don't have much of it. Doesn't have anything to do with it, tanks generally have upwards of ~20% more AP than DPSers. ~7k for dps, near 9k for tanks.
    It's just bad because it takes such a low % of our AP.

Third point which is the biggest in my eyes. lvl100 talents Pulverize being the go-to pick.
    I guess it says something about the state of bear tanks atm that you've bears raiding on an appreciable level and swearing by different lvl100 talents.
    Some are firmly entrenched in the (if wanted perma) 15% DR at the cost of dps, others prefer 3sec 40%DR on 30sec cd. Some bosses just call for the 40%, like Xhul, Gorefiend, Kilrogg, Reaver. Most don't care which you use because overall damage taken doesn't really matter.
    She (justly) points out how fucked over 100% dodge choice got screwed over by tier bonuses, but despite killing Mannoroth twice doesn't mention how OP it is there.. 100% avoidance for Glaives vs. praying ~65% avoidance will work. Why even...
    It's also very viable, arguably best, for HFA.

On the whole, bear lvl100 talents may be very different from each other, but they're actual choices. Some are nobrainers on a specific fight, others are decisions based on what you're after. All 3 are used.
    As far as tank talents go, I do believe no tank has a very impactful tier where all 3 options are used.
    Monks come close with healing pick, but it's trivial compared to lvl100. Healing elixirs aren't really a choice anymore, else DH and DM tier would be perfect example of a well designed talent tier.
    Warrior lvl100 could potentially be argued, but Anger Management is lagging behind AFAIK.

Based on the amount of QQ above you wouldn't think I really enjoyed the episode and thought it was a wonderful mixture of Misume's insight and Khaelyn's somehow very appropriate bear attitude. Not sure how to put it without it sounding insulting, but if I had to pick a "representative" bear, it'd be her and I mean that in a 90% positive way xD
    anyhow, GJ on the whole o/
    Last edited by Gothmog; 2015-09-02 at 03:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any tips for being the green tank on xhul'horac? felt like i was getting absolutely whaled on yesterday having to sometimes spend guards when tanking add + boss resulting in not always having them for the felblaze.

Felblaze flurry does more damage than fel strike.
    Usually, keep your guards for felblaze flurry, and ask for an external when felblaze flurry + felstrike are happening at the same time. Which may or may not happen a lot, depending on many times the chains are being casted before getting on a mage. Yay for random timers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noruego View Post
    Any tips for being the green tank on xhul'horac? felt like i was getting absolutely whaled on yesterday having to sometimes spend guards when tanking add + boss resulting in not always having them for the felblaze.
    As was said literally 1 page back(and you're the first post on this new page):
    There's only a few(2 or 3) really bad overlaps of Felblaze Flurry and Fel Strike, make sure to use Diffuse/Dampen, Fort and Zen Med for those. Also: just get every external, the Omnus tank shouldn't need any and once your add is dead, you're not gonna need any either. Be very careful when trying to use the tank ring defensively on this fight though, there's plenty of opportunity to kill each other with it.