Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    Missing Soul Cap and M SDI. We are doing lust-on-pull on M Archi and succeeding on every third pull or so. Thinking I'll gem crit and go Blademaster + M Censer to help with the initial burst. So far I've been able to push around 140k dps on the first 48 seconds. I hold activating motb and tank ring until I proc multi strike and censer, but some scumming tips are welcome if someone knows the most viable pull rotation/cd timings for this strategy.

I'm almost outdpsing our WW on some pulls still, lol. Can't increase others' numbers but think I should be able to squeeze 150k+.
    If you're even close to a WW, that means they're playing very poorly. They can sink a Soul Cap into the ring and shit all over you.

I've been running Mirror and Soul Cap, which yields 130-180k in p1, depending on procs. (Mastery build)

I mean, in the message you're quoting, he's saying he's pushing about 140k DPS during P1, and you're saying your having results between 130 and 180k.
    Doesn't seem that unrealistic to have a BrM doing about the same DPS as a WW not having soul cap luck.

Deleted
    11/13 here, Tyrant went down. It needed some paying attention (which I wasn't doing, so I died :P ), but after that it was not too bad to tank, even P3. On to Mannoroth progress! We're making our dps dk go 3rd tank, he's going on the adds, my co-tank (also dk) and me on Manno. My guess is we're gonna have lots of wipes because of people not being on their assigned spots, and in the end finding a yolo strat that doesn't require us to do tacts properly.

I'm getting back in the saddle myself, after "quitting" for two weeks I'm going back at it again tomorrow with them having wiped at 18% a few times to manno so we'll probably get it tomorrow (their current tank situation apparently isn't great) and then its on to archi for me (~")~.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    11/13 here, Tyrant went down. It needed some paying attention (which I wasn't doing, so I died :P ), but after that it was not too bad to tank, even P3. On to Mannoroth progress! We're making our dps dk go 3rd tank, he's going on the adds, my co-tank (also dk) and me on Manno. My guess is we're gonna have lots of wipes because of people not being on their assigned spots, and in the end finding a yolo strat that doesn't require us to do tacts properly.
    Biggest problem for us seemed to be with Doom Lords dying quickly enough and people being self aware of actually having the doom debuff. There can also be these overlaps of the tank having the doom spike debuff and his turn on taking the glaive combos coming up (again dependent on how your dps is on doom lords). Last I saw, we were trying to force one tank to take them all and with our dps wasn't working out too hot so I can at least recommend that both tanks are 100% familiar with how things work with all the doom lords so you can swap as necessary on taking them to not complicate the glaive thrust rotation.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Leblue, Jacksel's guild is 3 tanking the fight so they wont have to worry about that. Two tanks dealing with Mannoroth combo/positioning and one tank AFK waiting for Doom Lords. Shouldn't have any tanking issues when doing that at this ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    I mean, in the message you're quoting, he's saying he's pushing about 140k DPS during P1, and you're saying your having results between 130 and 180k.
    Doesn't seem that unrealistic to have a BrM doing about the same DPS as a WW not having soul cap luck.
    No. There's no soul cap luck in the opener, as it's got a 99.9999999% chance to go off during the first second of the fight and you can click it off to put it into the ring.

You could, however, get the nut luck opener and sink the soul cap ring into another soul cap to achieve nirvana, but he, the ww, should be far ahead of a BRM in the first 30-40 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    There can also be these overlaps of the tank having the doom spike debuff and his turn on taking the glaive combos coming up (again dependent on how your dps is on doom lords). Last I saw, we were trying to force one tank to take them all and with our dps wasn't working out too hot so I can at least recommend that both tanks are 100% familiar with how things work with all the doom lords so you can swap as necessary on taking them to not complicate the glaive thrust rotation.
    A Brm can take 3-4 combos, depending on ring. I just use Zen Med if the other tank is busy with a doom lord with a combo coming during p2.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-02-08 at 07:51 AM.

"Far ahead" is an overstatement. Comparing top Brewmasters against top Windwalkers the difference is 20-30k DPS after about 50 seconds and the shorter interval you make it the Brewmaster is equal or above. The numbers mentioned here are extremly over-exaggerated as everyone boosts their e-penis by telling the numbers from that one Rngesus pull rather than the average during progress across all pulls.

Also @stross01 Taking 3-4 combos out of the blue without having planned for them is going to take some Rngesus aswell and not some benchmark you can have in general. It would require certain cooldowns to be available in that moment which is very unlikely unless you planned on doing so. Plausible? Sure. Something worth doing? No way.
    Last edited by Yenami; 2016-02-08 at 10:20 AM.

When I did Mannoroth I was using Diffuse Magic and Zen Meditation both for soaking Wrath of Gul'dans, so I would have been unable to take 3-4 combos out of the blue

Deleted
    Pff talking through the tactics with the officers... And we're kinda close to deciding that I'll actually be on the Doom Lords, and the DK's on Manno, to play into the strengths of the classes (=me not taking glaive combo, and having more mobility to run out and back in). Not sure if I'm happy with the job though...

We had a monk and 2 DKs as well, we had a DK doing the doom lord because he was just an OS tank and was less practised at it; if not for that consideration it probably would make sense to have the monk doing it though

Deleted
    Yh our dk is offspec tank as well, but we managed to feed him enough gear over the past weeks to have a full defensive set. He has M ACP and WUE, and tank items everywhere else. And he has been main tank before he joined our guild I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    Leblue, Jacksel's guild is 3 tanking the fight so they wont have to worry about that. Two tanks dealing with Mannoroth combo/positioning and one tank AFK waiting for Doom Lords. Shouldn't have any tanking issues when doing that at this ilvl.
    3 tanking it makes it pretty jokey from a tank pov. It's what we do.

Yeah I also think that 3 tanking it removes basically any difficulty whatsoever from a tanking perspective, and if you can afford the DPS or healer loss, you ought to do it. Not that extra DPS isn't always beneficial but it just makes it so much easier for us as tanks :P

Deleted
    Who should be doing more dps? Me (mastery gear, dps trinkets *all available*), or our dps dk going tank for this one fight? I guess maybe we should simply make the one who can do most dps in tankspec go add duty. Or is it really gonna be me because I have most mobility and am worst at dealing with Glaive combo?

Deleted
    Who should be doing more dps? Me (mastery gear, dps trinkets *all available*), or our dps dk going tank for this one fight? I guess maybe we should simply make the one who can do most dps in tankspec go add duty. Or is it really gonna be me because I have most mobility and am worst at dealing with Glaive combo?
    DK tanks lose a LOT of DPS if they are on add duty because of their terrible mobility. This is obviously dependent on the raid's position and the specifics of the tactic itself, but a tank DK will 100% lose more DPS by doing the adds than a monk would. Also, taunting for a Massive Blast and popping AMS and Rune Tap every 80s is a lot easier to teach to a DPS player than handling the add properly on Mannoroth.

Pff talking through the tactics with the officers... And we're kinda close to deciding that I'll actually be on the Doom Lords, and the DK's on Manno, to play into the strengths of the classes (=me not taking glaive combo, and having more mobility to run out and back in). Not sure if I'm happy with the job though...
    We had our DK on the run duty. He's plenty fast enough and will be able to Mass Grip every 2nd Imp wave and AMS takes care of the debuff exploding. We've had some tanks joining and leaving and so far I've tanked the boss itself it with a warrior and two different protadins while we've kept the DK on the add duty (he's a DPS tho, but his tank gear would be sufficient for the boss as well). I don't really think it makes a difference in either way since it's a piss easy boss for tanks imo.

For our guild, Imp dps was the biggest problem (we had barely enough aoe burst). Me running Chi Torpedo nudged the encounter in our favor. Normally there was no prob with Imps, but if our only DPS Warrior/WW had to soak at the same time, raid would blow up 100% of the time.

13m which of 8.4m was Chi Torped. It really is that good for add burst. And I basicly miss half of the imp waves since I don't go to the Imps when tanking Manno obviously.

Last edited by redfella; 2016-02-08 at 08:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Between Bladestorm, Chaos Wave and Cataclysm, I'm lucky if I can even get a Chi Burst cast off into our imps. Chi Burst alone keeps me above the majority of the DPS. We recently started 2 tanking it so that one of the DK alts we bring to Mannoroth could actually bring his Warrior main, and the fight became quite a bit easier due to being able to skip some of the Mark of Doom's and pushing phases faster, so we end up only getting 3 of them. Only one of the combo timings end up being sketchy on whether or not I can be back at at the boss in time for it, so we just plan cooldowns around my co-tank eating that combo.

Speaking of 3 tanking, I've been bringing my alts in to tank everything except for Manno/Archi for the last 2 months, so I brought my Monk to Xhul last week for fun and we ended up 3 tanking it for the first time since one of the Mass Grip bots (alts) we bring didn't have a DPS spec set up. Talk about trivializing the fight. We made him hold Omnus the whole time and take care of a black holes. Not having to worry about anything but taunting for Void Strikes from Xhul made it basically a DPS fest for me, so I ended up at nearly 105k, which made me pretty happy until I realized that my Paladin alt was pulling 91k, 14 ilvls below my Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive View Post
    "Far ahead" is an overstatement. Comparing top Brewmasters against top Windwalkers the difference is 20-30k DPS after about 50 seconds and the shorter interval you make it the Brewmaster is equal or above. The numbers mentioned here are extremly over-exaggerated as everyone boosts their e-penis by telling the numbers from that one Rngesus pull rather than the average during progress across all pulls.

Also @stross01 Taking 3-4 combos out of the blue without having planned for them is going to take some Rngesus aswell and not some benchmark you can have in general. It would require certain cooldowns to be available in that moment which is very unlikely unless you planned on doing so. Plausible? Sure. Something worth doing? No way.
    P1 should not last 50 seconds. Your dps is low if it does.

My highest successful attempt dps in p1 is 161k, I think. I did not look through any wipes. That's two soul caps and no touch of death during either one. 180k+ is very capable and very probable with not even 'good' luck.

Also, if you're depending on Diffuse Magic and Zen Med to simply survive a combo, you're not playing correctly. There's plenty of time between hits of the combo to top off, you cannot die to a single hit of any of them with WUE on, and you always have Guard. Taking 3-4 hits is obviously not optimal, but there's no reason for you to shit your pants if you have to take two in a row to smooth the tank rotation/prevent jankiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    We had our DK on the run duty. He's plenty fast enough and will be able to Mass Grip every 2nd Imp wave and AMS takes care of the debuff exploding. We've had some tanks joining and leaving and so far I've tanked the boss itself it with a warrior and two different protadins while we've kept the DK on the add duty (he's a DPS tho, but his tank gear would be sufficient for the boss as well). I don't really think it makes a difference in either way since it's a piss easy boss for tanks imo.

For our guild, Imp dps was the biggest problem (we had barely enough aoe burst). Me running Chi Torpedo nudged the encounter in our favor. Normally there was no prob with Imps, but if our only DPS Warrior/WW had to soak at the same time, raid would blow up 100% of the time.

13m which of 8.4m was Chi Torped. It really is that good for add burst. And I basicly miss half of the imp waves since I don't go to the Imps when tanking Manno obviously.
    You've got a scary setup there. On your kill, your imp uptime was insane lol. I'm sure you know this already, but damn that dps line up needs work.

Monks are just way better at the add duty, on a dk the timing to get out of the raid is really small and will surely cause wipes on the first attempts because of the positionning(not to mention if the add takes too long to die the manno tank will have to take a 2nd massive blast+full combo, which is way easier on a dk than a monk), and it takes age to come back when you can just transcendance back on a monk.
    It's also optimal for the imps, dks can dps them while tanking the boss with blood boil, monks need to be in melee range to keg smash/chi torpedo and also stun them if needed, which you can't do while tanking the boss, monks can also touch of death the add and move it faster with provoke

About gear and trinkets you should just try to avoid mastery as it doesn't affect any threatening ability in this fight, blademaster is by far the most useful dps trinket because it helps with the imps(you can even use the doomlord to position your spinners if you know where they're gonna be gripped) and about the other trinket i strongly advise the heirloom as it removes any rng deaths, you can even take full combos safely with it+a guard up (it also covers the shadowforce on the pillar which can do an insane amount of damage)
    Last edited by Mokuna; 2016-02-09 at 06:06 AM.