Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They should have the rights to be able to be treated fairly and left in their own damn habitat

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Silly chimp, humans don't have rights...

Chimps, Monkeys, etc are evil. EVIL!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    "The court recognizes Mr. Bongo's right too 'Ook and dook,' court is adjourned!"
    youre giving me hozen flashbacks o-o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Only if dolphins do.
    Don't be fooled by their cute smile and squeaky voices, dolphins are pure evil.

Not as evil as penguins, but almost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

They save your ass from sharks, and you call them evil? Ungrateful jackass
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

I read somewhere that humans are nothing but the 3rd branch of chimpanzees. The "homo sapiens" terminology came in 19th or 18th century, but as i read its incorrect scientifically.

Chimps, no. Shrimps on the other hand...
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

They gave this female chimp a mirror. She looked at it for a bit an you could see they realization in her face that she was looking at herself. To me this shows self awareness. I don't know if we should give chimps human rights but maybe more rights than a beef cow.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    They gave this female chimp a mirror. She looked at it for a bit an you could see they realization in her face that she was looking at herself. To me this shows self awareness. I don't know if we should give chimps human rights but maybe more rights than a beef cow.
    Also, elephants. They have a stronger family structure than arguably most humans.

I read somewhere that humans are nothing but the 3rd branch of chimpanzees. The "homo sapiens" terminology came in 19th or 18th century, but as i read its incorrect scientifically. I suggest to read this book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Chimpanzee

Never! because this.

ROSWELL STYLE
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Chimps, and apes in general, are kind of a grey area when it comes to "animal rights" vs "Human rights"

See, we share >99% DNA with apes, chimpanzees in particular are virtually genetically identical, with a few minor differences. Apes are sentient, meaning they have concepts of "self", they are able to learn sign language and carry on intelligent conversations with humans, and it's been suggested that they have religious concepts in the form of the belief of an afterlife, and have been observed mourning the loss of members of their family.

These are all things we associate with humans.
    Lots of animals have been shown to have concepts of 'self'. Does that mean we should give them the same rights too? How many similarities is enough similarities?
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    I read somewhere that humans are nothing but the 3rd branch of chimpanzees. The "homo sapiens" terminology came in 19th or 18th century, but as i read its incorrect scientifically. I suggest to read this book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Chimpanzee
    What's the definition of "branch"?

Apes are a part of a family called Hominidae. While Humans and chimps are both in under the sub-family Homininae, humans are in the Homo genus, and chimps are in the Pan genus (the other genus in this sub-family is Gorilla, can you guess what species is under this genus?).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    We share a surprising percentage of dna with a banana too...
    Can people that know nothing of genetics stop talking about genetics?

No. Chimps should have chimps rights.

They shouldn't have human rights but they should have animal rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not humans. I don't think we should.

I say send him back to the wild if he'll thrive there, and if not, if he needs companionship from what I'd call "socially tailored" chimps, put him in a sanctuary at a zoo or something, whichever will work better.

As if living in a trailer's better than that. Right? I wonder if he can communicate what he would prefer, like Koko.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥