Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
    So you live in a closed bubble or something?? Otherwise it is impossible not to end a life. Every breath you take kills something. Hell every salat you eat has bugs and gems on it so you are eating meat!!
    Not to mention the indirect kills of eating that lettuce due to habitats being destroyed for agricultural purposes.

Deleted
    I own 4 dogs and a cat that are like family to me and I'm fine with it. How it's any different from any other animal we use as food? Personally I wouldn't use my pets as food (unless there would be life threatening necessity) but I would be ready to taste dog or cat if given change somewhere abroad. Also there's thing with the use of animals, why would you eat animal that has some other meaning or more meaningful use to you? But yeah, I wouldn't turn away from food made of cat or dog (as long as the treating of animals have been as humane as possible).

15+ Year Old Account
    Animal as animal is my pov. Not sure if I would eat it though given the status those got in our western culture.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I knew some guy who bought a lamb to cut later, but because he connected and formed a bond with that animal, he could never do it.

Lambs are just as cute as kittens.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they are bred to be food, then I have no opinion. It is if you kill animals that aren't bred to be food that it is wrong. At least on those animals some have as pets and similar. Wild animals is a bit different though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    There is none. One is just as bad as the other.
    Found the Vegan!

Deleted
    No, I don't agree with it. Both animals cannot be ethically farmed. The industry as it is is inhumane to exceptional degrees. There is a reason we farm pigs, cows and the like; they are herd animals are are suited to farming. Carnivores & pack animals are not.

If you kill them in a humane way, yes.

But chinese people skin/burn them alive. You can find that on google.

There's a huge difference between knife to the neck and ripping off their skin while they are still living, then letting them wither in pain until they die.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2014-10-12 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
    So you live in a closed bubble or something?? Otherwise it is impossible not to end a life. Every breath you take kills something. Hell every salat you eat has bugs and gems on it so you are eating meat!!
    microscopic bugs and germs are meat now? Are you Mr. Fantastic? I've never seen stretching so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not to mention the indirect kills of eating that lettuce due to habitats being destroyed for agricultural purposes.
    I'm not eating them. I wouldn't eat them. I'd like to care about the destruction of habitats for agriculture, but it'd just drive me to madness. Theres no way to get any product on Earth without an animal or human having suffered for it. The clothes you wear led to the death and suffering of Chinese children, should we all be nudist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Found the Vegan!
    There is no issue with being vegan that a low educated Imgur or Tumblr critic can grasp onto it and insult. You dislike rude vegans, we all do, but veganism itself doesn't effect you. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is a cultural thing. We are barbarians to literally a BILLION Indian people because our burgers are made of cows which are sacred to them. And then there are ..dunno...a billion of Muslims who abhor eating swine.

Who is right? If "being right" is in the numbers....then we would be wrong. And still don't give a shit.

So..go ahead..eat cats, dogs, rats....I don't give a shit. Why is catching tuna fucktastic but hurting dolphins while catching them bad? People confuse, disguts and enrage me with their arbitrary decisions who you should eat and who not....
    By logic like this, if we kill pigs, why all the rage in killing humans? "Oh, because they're humans, they deserve better treatment!" sounds pretty hypocritical to your entire statement. Don't kill humans because we're more intelligent than a pig? Kinda like Dolphin vs. Tuna, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det
    While harvesting crops, rat, bambis, mice and whatnot are killed...like Spiders and other small animals too. If you are on a vegan high horse about this...sorry.....animals are killed during the preparation of your diet, too

("you" doesn't mean you, Ninaran)
    As are the clothes you wear, the car you drive, the Big Mac you eat and the keyboard you shit on. Everything was made through cruelty to some living form, human or otherwise. You either accept it, or fly into the woods a nudist hippy (but be careful not to step on any bugs) While you can't end cruelty, vegans and vegetarians are doing a hell of a better job than you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det
    So if I kill a mouse in a trap and eat it...I am wrong? If I inhale a fly while riding my bike, I am a basterd? If I hit a deer with my car and eat some parts of the corpse meat is murder? You are giving a prime example of random, messed up human choices what is good and bad...or are they all "wild" animals and thus different? Well..I still cannot just shoot a baby deer in the head here without a licence...or catch a fish without one...
    You can't blame people for impossible avoidance with death, we're large clumsy creatures by design. You can, however, end the purposeful destruction of species through gluttony and ignorance. Theres a different between "Oops, I stepped on a toad" versus "DIE TOAD DIE!".
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2014-10-12 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I ever eat a dog? Probably not although you really never know what you'd do in such a situation until you're in it. Although I don't have too much of a problem with people eating cats or dogs even though I think it's weird, but if someone ate one of my pets I'd beat the shit out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    While harvesting crops, rat, bambis, mice and whatnot are killed...like Spiders and other small animals too. If you are on a vegan high horse about this...sorry.....animals are killed during the preparation of your diet, too
    So, if you can't avoid all killing, you shouldn't begin to even try? Is this what you are saying?
    You can always avoid as much killing as possible.

Also, what's the problem? I just said that for me, there is no difference between cats, dogs and pigs. I never tried to tell anyone else what to think.

I think they are evil, I would expand my opinion of them but I don't need another month ban just yet.