Page 4 of 174 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Small adds.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I'm assuming you mean Dark Meditation/Slimes. But is that really a DPS increase over bloodbathing the bosses on those fights, since those phases don't happen as often? (Well, I guess slimes are frequent enough).

The Single target dps you do as Arms is all based around Execute, and once the bosses are sub 20% they'll most likely die before BB finishes its ticks. Also BS hits really quite hard if you time it correctly. With that said that's just my assumptions, which has been proven wrong on many occasions.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    That only applied to bladestorm @100, and before they buffed it very recently, so it's outdated in that regard.

Bladestorm at 90 is crazy good.
    These numbers were tested on a 90 character on live 6.0.

Bladestorm v Bloodbath will all depend on the environment. Plenty of factors, like varying amount of targets or adds dying quickly will change their relationship.

is 4pc t16 worth using? Or should I opt for WF pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    is 4pc t16 worth using? Or should I opt for WF pieces?
    For Arms 4p is actually pretty good.

On average the 4-piece was between 5-8 % of my damage prio to the boss hitting 20%, depending mainly on how lucky I got with the procs. The proc chance seem to be lower than the 20% that's indicated on the tooltip, so if anyone would like to spend a few mins on a dummy and try to figure out what the actual % chance is that would be great!
    My Stream

Noob question: If rage capped and MS is off CD should it still be a priority or should rage be dumped with ww first?

MS costs rage, so use MS. Though you shouldn't really ever be rage capped as Arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archi's a tauren now and Sarri is a Blood Elf I don't know what to believe anymore!
    OT Does dragon's roar still do reduced damage the more target it hits? If it does why take it for AOE won't that just make it not even do close to the damage of a whirlwind?

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    Archi's a tauren now and Sarri is a Blood Elf I don't know what to believe anymore!
    OT Does dragon's roar still do reduced damage the more target it hits? If it does why take it for AOE won't that just make it not even do close to the damage of a whirlwind?
    Moo moo moo moo. Moo moo. Moooo.
    +10 if you get the reference.

No, Dragon Roar no longer splits damage. I think I wrote that in the guide somewhere but might have forgotten it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Moo moo moo moo. Moo moo. Moooo.
    +10 if you get the reference.
    The cow level in D2 ?

You guys going full haste or what(gems)? askmrrobot wants to force haste on me atm
    Yeah Mr Robot tell me that too but i follow the guide and use Crafty Vermilion Onyx in Red socket, Crit in yellow and Ligntning Wild Jade in blue one.
    Last edited by Rhen; 2014-10-18 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    I'd really like to try out Arms on Siegecrafter tomorrow and have a "simple" question:

Is it worth it, to replace 2 mythic pieces for 2 heroic (former normal) set pieces to get that juicy proc? With 25% haste buffed it's 4.5s between two Mortals Strikes.
    That's approximately 2.5 procs per minute. The difference between 3 Executes and 3 Whirlwinds is 3*50k = 150k in average for ilvl 580.

TLDR; ~2.1k dps increase worth sacrificing nearly 2 ilvls in total? My guess is "totally".

/discuss
    Last edited by mmoc3e8a5f99c9; 2014-10-19 at 12:20 PM.

Simple answer, Jupp.

The 4set for Arms is really nice, and it's usually between 5-8% of my damage depending on the amount of Procs / cleave there is in the fight. I'm not sure what the proc chance is, but it feels lower than the 20% that's stated in the tooltip. I usually only get 1-2 procs per fight (2min fights), but those Executes are just to juicy to give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Nvm, it does seem to have 20% proc chance, it was just me being unlucky during our raid.

Just did 1000 MS on a dummy, and got a total of 189 Execute procs, so I guess that's close enough to 20% to make me happy.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Nvm, it does seem to have 20% proc chance, it was just me being unlucky during our raid.

Just did 1000 MS on a dummy, and got a total of 189 Execute procs, so I guess that's close enough to 20% to make me happy.
    Sounds like an 18.9% chance! #BlameCelestalon

Deleted
    Concering the "Death Sentence": Just tested it with UqT and the proc came down to approx. 8%. It seems to be closer to half the chance for fury

For short fights below 3 minutes only:
    actions.single=rend,if=ticks_remain<1&target.time_to_die>4&!debuff.colossus_smash.up
    is a dps increase of something like 1%, whether going full haste or mastery/crit.

Also, delaying Whirlwind and MS before Colossus Smash comes off cooldown are mild dps increases.
    actions.single+=/colossus_smash
    actions.single+=/mortal_strike,if=target.health.pct>20&cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>execute_time
    actions.single+=/whirlwind,if=target.health.pct>20&!talent.slam.enabled&cooldown.colossus_smash.remains>2.5

Edit: 500 Mortal Strikes with 22.90% haste, 83 procs (16.6% chance).

Definitely seems higher than 10% for Arms (the value stated in simcraft)
    Last edited by mmoc3e8a5f99c9; 2014-10-20 at 01:25 PM.

Deleted
    i don´t know why but am I the only one who actually like the new arms? I am really one of the MOP Arms Veterans (rarely "lost" to a fury dps wise concerning the meters) and love that they took away stupid skills like overpower. And i really dont understand all this hate. Arms does good damage, the rotation still focusses around the CS Window and there are also other things to look out for like T4P, Sudden Death, Rend etc.....in hectic HC encounters, it is not AS EASY as some ppl describe it....I also think that the WW´ing is actually pretty fun but I guess i am alone on that front xD

Any reason you didn't use the cleave trinket Sarri? Thinking it would be good at least on Protectors.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Haven't found any boss on which the cleave trinket would be worth it, and this first week I just wanted everything to be standard.
    My Stream