Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    The bonus buffs Taste for Blood and doesn't affect execute phase at all. Maybe the reset could make MS cost less rage so its DPR goes higher than Execute.

Also, they could add Rend on the Mastery affected abilities this patch (on, maybe, 50% of the original effect).
    For a Mastery-intended spec, Arms makes zero sense and we will only get a revamp/review on next xpac :/
    and except for execute phase mastery procs only help us for every 2nd or 3rd gcd. kinda meh when it proc right after ms and cs is on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    and except for execute phase mastery procs only help us for every 2nd or 3rd gcd. kinda meh when it proc right after ms and cs is on CD.
    Exactly. It is really fun when arms "burst" on pull depends on a 2p proc + Mastery Trinket, and on exeqt phase, you can go from 20% to 0% withouth seeing it proc again. WTB Mastery On use Trinket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    Exactly. It is really fun when arms "burst" on pull depends on a 2p proc + Mastery Trinket, and on exeqt phase, you can go from 20% to 0% withouth seeing it proc again. WTB Mastery On use Trinket!
    It would be great to see a shorter cooldown on use mastery trinket for arms. Since we only get 6 meaningful seconds out of any trinket proc for the most part.

Would be nice if they could do something about the general scaling of the class, I don't like the direction they are going with it. They basically wanted this simplistic straight forward hard hitting spec for WOD, they got rid of the fast paced RNG centric playstyle... Now they are bringing back some of those elements in the form of set bonuses and trinkets?

Granted the T17 2set is a source of masssssive RNG, because you can really look like a super hero on single target if you get a bunch of procs pre-20%. The main concern for me is Whirlwind, it's like an alien in the spec that has no place and Blizzard has given it no place by making it not scale with gear. Even on AOE whirlwind is unimpressive at this point.

Arms needs some form of scaling, Rend/Whirlwind being such a heavy part of the spec and yet they don't scale with the primary stat of the spec. I really hope their plan is not to butcher in some MOP single target mechanics in the form of using a trinket slot and leave the actual issues as they are, but it looks like that's just what it is.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Pretty depressing we'll get to this next patch without any change to arms/ww besides a wonky trinket, and a soso set bonus.

Arms really just gets more and more depressing as you look forward with scaling and playstyle. Pretty stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Arms really just gets more and more depressing as you look forward with scaling and playstyle. Pretty stupid.
    Yep why i quit playing >.>
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    That archimonde trinket is surely a joke? Why are they selling things back to us that we already had before?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    That archimonde trinket is surely a joke? Why are they selling things back to us that we already had before?
    Because we'd been asking for them.

Assuming that T18 set bonus and Archimonde class trinket remain unchanged I suppose that we might be running T17 2p + T18 2p + class trinket for singletarget fights?

Look at this:

40% chance on CS to reduce cd of MS by 50% for 10sec
    +
    15% chance on Rend tick to reset cd of MS
    +
    35/40/46% chance on auto attack to reset cd of CS
    ...sounds like one hell of a CS/MS spamfest and might push our singletarget DPS significantly. Additionally, we might be able to avoid WW for most of the time (and with some mighty RNGesus...)

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by chooi; 2015-04-19 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    Assuming that T18 set bonus and Archimonde class trinket remain unchanged I suppose that we might be running T17 2p + T18 2p + class trinket for singletarget fights?

Look at this:

...sounds like one hell of a CS/MS spamfest and might push our singletarget DPS significantly. Additionally, we might be able to avoid WW for most of the time (and with some mighty RNGesus...)

Any thoughts?
    Doubtful that T17 2p is worth the drop in ilvl. Keep in mind that the T18 tier bonuses aren't that strong but they do synergize, faster rend ticks = more chances to reset MS, which helps get more MS inside the reset CS.

Mostly depends on how well itemized the tier pieces are, but I don't think we'll skip them.

decided to forgo arms completely and just go with fury/prot.

currently in a semi-casual guild pushing into mythic. I don't even spec into arms anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    The only fight where it gives any significant benefit is maidens. Ill take the prot dungeon rune farm over it anyday.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

Quote Originally Posted by Malvanis View Post
    The only fight where it gives any significant benefit is maidens. Ill take the prot dungeon rune farm over it anyday.
    I'm either a complete shit arms player, or fury actually does fine on maidens for me.

Couple of good procs and reck bladestorm does so much burst damage actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zyen View Post
    I'm either a complete shit arms player, or fury actually does fine on maidens for me.

Couple of good procs and reck bladestorm does so much burst damage actually.
    Fury does fine, but Arms is better. If you are doing more dps as Fury than you do as Arms, then yes you're doing something wrong :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    Fury does fine, but Arms is better. If you are doing more dps as Fury than you do as Arms, then yes you're doing something wrong :P
    We're on Maidens right now as well, and while arms does better, I simply prefer fury. During bombardment and we get rapid fire in melee and such, keeping rend up on both targets while moving perfectly can be a chore, and it's not really that rewarding.
    Besides, it helps being fury on Gar'an boat as well to burst down the target.
    We're getting to execute phase more and more, so I might just go back to arms for that, but in general arms is just so boring I try to use it as little as possible.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Fury will compete with arms until execute phase, and then arms sweeping executes + bloodbath is just dumb. However, when I have to do the boats I do play fury.

Looking forward how does the trinket + set bonuses play out for arms. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd probably rather play arms all the time instead of having to deal with the furious strikes shit fury is basically going to be forced to use (it seems so at this point anyway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Looking forward how does the trinket + set bonuses play out for arms. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd probably rather play arms all the time instead of having to deal with the furious strikes shit fury is basically going to be forced to use (it seems so at this point anyway)
    Pretty sure the 20 sec reduction won't go live, and in that aspect it won't make that big of a difference. With more gear we get more crit which means more rage, which in turn means more rage to spend on Wild Strike + Bloodsurge procs. I already find plenty of use of Wild Strike without Furious Strikes.
    If the 20 sec reduction stays, however, taking FS will mean 100% uptime of Recklessness. So yeah, won't happen.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    Pretty sure the 20 sec reduction won't go live, and in that aspect it won't make that big of a difference. With more gear we get more crit which means more rage, which in turn means more rage to spend on Wild Strike + Bloodsurge procs. I already find plenty of use of Wild Strike without Furious Strikes.
    If the 20 sec reduction stays, however, taking FS will mean 100% uptime of Recklessness. So yeah, won't happen.
    Right now, with 20s reduction; FS actually isn't all that mandatory. I thought it would be too, but when you remember that we won't have T17 4p, Reck turns into a pretty mediocre CD. Being able to use Wild Strike more does make FS better, but only by so much.

So far it looks like FS goes from being ~2k dps under Sudden Death to being relatively equal. This might change slightly, but I don't think FS will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post

Any thoughts?
    My thought: If that happens for even a moment, Blizz will nerf T17 2p in some way to make it inferior to T18. It's what they've done every time an older tier was still in any way preferable to new gear.