10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Right now, with 20s reduction; FS actually isn't all that mandatory. I thought it would be too, but when you remember that we won't have T17 4p, Reck turns into a pretty mediocre CD. Being able to use Wild Strike more does make FS better, but only by so much.

So far it looks like FS goes from being ~2k dps under Sudden Death to being relatively equal. This might change slightly, but I don't think FS will skyrocket.
    Yeah, I was thinking that, just didn't put it in the post..
    I sure hope the FS playstyle won't be FOTM, I already struggle to prevent rage capping as it is when shit hits the storm...
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Fury will compete with arms until execute phase, and then arms sweeping executes + bloodbath is just dumb. However, when I have to do the boats I do play fury.

Looking forward how does the trinket + set bonuses play out for arms. As much as it pains me to say it, I'd probably rather play arms all the time instead of having to deal with the furious strikes shit fury is basically going to be forced to use (it seems so at this point anyway)
    gonna go with that ... arms seems like it might be a hell of a lot more fun with the set+trinket ... so only problem that COULD occure: rage-starved yet again, cause shit is proccing too much and you would need constant aa-crits to fill it up xD

fury is gonna be a shit-fest with those set-boni ... its a mess already and you almost lock your whole rotation as it is... emphezising ws and fs will only make it worse... rage-capped even more, no time to use procs etc, seems like an unnecessary pain

The biggest thing with T18 is yeah rend + tfb will really shine on 2-3 targets. But you're going to end up spending quite a bit of time just reapplying rend because of the shortened duration. It's already something of a pain on a fight like maidens to try to keep refreshing rend optimally and using Colossus Smash optimally.

Could see an approach of bring back old deep wounds applied by TC and let MS have some % chance to cause rend to proc. Which would simply be the burst tick of rend against targets with deep wounds.

Just seems like the tier bonus could turn rend into a clusterfuck real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that, just didn't put it in the post..
    I sure hope the FS playstyle won't be FOTM, I already struggle to prevent rage capping as it is when shit hits the storm...
    In some ways it can actually be easier to stop rage capping since you only have Bloodsurge to worry about and not Sudden Death, but you absolutely cannot miss GCDs. Any amount of downtime, trying to hold off on dumping rage, etc, will cause you to cap out with no good way to spend it, lest you skip GCDs. I actually don't mind the playstyle so much except for that fact makes it hard to line up with procs.

On the other hand, I despise the amount of RNG we have. Bloodthirst is one thing, Bloodsurge is another, Sudden Death is another still; with the ever present trinket/ring procs as well. I hate how no matter what I do or how well I play a potentially good pull can be ruined by a lack of procs, just as much as I hate playing like crap can be rewarded by back to back Execute procs skyrocketing DPS.

It's not so hard to create something with tactile feedback that rewards the player for playing well, not simply relying on RNGeesus.

If you're worried about the T18 bonuses being bad, Archi trinket + T17 4set is currently stronger than T18 4set Mythic. The T18 bonuses are just pure awful, both play style wise and numerically.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    If you're worried about the T18 bonuses being bad, Archi trinket + T17 4set is currently stronger than T18 4set Mythic. The T18 bonuses are just pure awful, both play style wise and numerically.
    This is good to know, but also amazingly awful.

Is there alot of Warriors that use Arms nowadays (Only Arms) for PVE?

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Could see an approach of bring back old deep wounds applied by TC and let MS have some % chance to cause rend to proc. Which would simply be the burst tick of rend against targets with deep wounds..
    The Deep Wounds seems to be a good thing, but as for MS having a chance of applying Rend will just give us more and more trouble. For example on Maidens, you will have to attack the boss that has on Rend on him and spam MS until you get Rend on him, then you change to the other boss until you get Rend....ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Headscutter View Post
    The Deep Wounds seems to be a good thing, but as for MS having a chance of applying Rend will just give us more and more trouble. For example on Maidens, you will have to attack the boss that has on Rend on him and spam MS until you get Rend on him, then you change to the other boss until you get Rend....ect.
    I more meant rend was only a burst tick proc with a chance from MS hitting a target with deep wounds. Not applying a seperate dot. Rend as a dot was gone, it would just be proc damage.

Which is kind of dumb, but IDK. Set bonuses will make tab rend really aids in present form.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Doubtful that T17 2p is worth the drop in ilvl. Keep in mind that the T18 tier bonuses aren't that strong but they do synergize, faster rend ticks = more chances to reset MS, which helps get more MS inside the reset CS.

Mostly depends on how well itemized the tier pieces are, but I don't think we'll skip them.
    Watch it have Versatility on it T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Archi trinket
    I approve.

is this meant for fury or arms? ... yes we are in the arms guide, but we are drifting every other post :P
    sounds like more of a fury issue than an arms thing as arms trinket + set-boni sound pretty decent in comparison to fury

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    is this meant for fury or arms? ... yes we are in the arms guide, but we are drifting every other post :P
    sounds like more of a fury issue than an arms thing as arms trinket + set-boni sound pretty decent in comparison to fury
    Though Fury is in a very similar situation, we're talking about Arms. The T18 4p is pretty meh because it doesn't affect the final explosive tick, it only makes all the other ticks leading up to that faster.

On the other hand the T17 4p generates rage every time you use Colossus Smash, which is really handy with the trinket refreshing its cooldown. On that note, sure the chance to reset MS is nice, but relies on the reset coinciding with the Colossus Smash resets; while the T17 2p being entirely dependent on Colossus Smash automatically lines it up nicely.

Unfortunately the T18 Arms 4p is in just as bad a place as the Fury 4p. There is a quickly obtainable cap on how fast Rend can tick, and even going to it doesn't make for a particularly large damage increase; in the same way that past a certain point, lowering the cooldown of Recklessness has very little gains. It remains only a mediocre cooldown.

7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they will fix the T18 bonus and just destroy the T17 bonus' by making it a flat damage increase.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I doubt they will fix the T18 bonus and just destroy the T17 bonus' by making it a flat damage increase.
    as they always do ... no surprise there.
    would be funny tho if t18 stays at it is and we actually get set-boni that are worse then old tier >.< it would be the cherry on top of the sunday of crap that is dps-warriors atm :P

i finally got to the point where im just laughing at everything ... im past denial, anger, bargaining and depressions >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    as they always do ... no surprise there.
    would be funny tho if t18 stays at it is and we actually get set-boni that are worse then old tier >.< it would be the cherry on top of the sunday of crap that is dps-warriors atm :P

i finally got to the point where im just laughing at everything ... im past denial, anger, bargaining and depressions >.<
    I'm past everything.. If it wasn't for the guild, I'd be having a raid break right about now. I have absolutely no fun playing my warrior. I've stopped getting fooled by the nights of good RNG, it doesn't last. It's only for that very moment. The rest is just a shit storm.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    I'm past everything.. If it wasn't for the guild, I'd be having a raid break right about now. I have absolutely no fun playing my warrior. I've stopped getting fooled by the nights of good RNG, it doesn't last. It's only for that very moment. The rest is just a shit storm.
    Yeah, I mean the class is frustrating for sure. But I enjoy my guild, and a few of the bosses are still pretty cool. Still holding out for at least a few QoL changes in 6.2

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Yes, there are a few (at least one) warriors who've stuck with Arms for every single encounter, both on Farm and Progress.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Yes, there are a few (at least one) warriors who've stuck with Arms for every single encounter, both on Farm and Progress.
    I can totally understand why, with Fury being what it is...
    I'll probably become one of those as well. I play with a base of 190-200 ms, so what they're doing with fury/Wild Strike doesn't really help my position (not like it's engaging gameplay anyway). So I'm looking at Arms every fight or straight up re-roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post

And the same warrior shows up on Finalboss.tv with a broken nose so... don't play arms for your own sake.
    R.I.P Cityfella 2004-2016 <Warrior for life>