Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Yeah I know what your plan was, I'm just saying that your almost always better off going for one big CS rather than two smaller ones. Doing it your proposed way, you wouldn't have been able to rage cap again before that second CS (unless your first didn't have anything going into it, in which its kind of pointless to use it). You'd be much better off making sure you got 4 full rage Executes boosted by the ring and contributing to the explosion. This will result in much more damage than doing the same with 4 low rage Executes.

They aren't going to change the ring, sadly, just going to have to play around it.
    Meh I'm not so sure, 20 seconds is always enough time to get full rage during a Bloodlust. I streamed it so just watched back, I was on 87 rage again within 3 seconds of the first CS dropping off and I spammed Executes throughout, I used another execute outside of CS and still hit 120 rage at 6 seconds before my 2nd CS came up... So there was no doubt I would have had 2 full rage CS phases.

It's also no doubt though that the boss would have died before the ring buff had ran its course though if we had delayed it as I wanted. I can highlight the end of the kill and you can see for yourself if you want, rage generation was plentiful you can see the moment I realised the ring was up and panic spammed Execute outside of CS.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-26 at 11:45 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Meh I'm not so sure, 20 seconds is always enough time to get full rage during a Bloodlust. I streamed it so just watched back, I was on 87 rage again within 3 seconds of the first CS dropping off and I spammed Executes throughout, I used another execute outside of CS and still hit 120 rage at 6 seconds before my 2nd CS came up... So there was no doubt I would have had 2 full rage CS phases.

It's also no doubt though that the boss would have died before the ring buff had ran its course though if we had delayed it as I wanted. I can highlight the end of the kill and you can see for yourself if you want, rage generation was plentiful you can see the moment I realised the ring was up and panic spammed Execute outside of CS.
    I believe you, factoring Lust you've got a point. I still generally favor an early dump over a late one, just to minimize outside factors (parry, movement, death).

I believe you, factoring Lust you've got a point. I still generally favor an early dump over a late one, just to minimize outside factors (parry, movement, death).
    Yeah it's always a bit of a gamble either way, I usually take the gamble and hope it pays off.. Sometimes it does, sometimes not so much. It didn't pay off this time and would not have even if I did delay the ring, but still worth the gamble for me.. Logs on farm are after all just for fun, if it doesnt pay off this week you can try again next week.

http://gyazo.com/52c672a1ced8f5b44a269f42f46db4fc

Screenie of my rage hitting 120 at 7seconds before the 2nd CS came up... I also realised from the stream though that I must be blind, since my Tauren was fucking massive during the ring buff and I just didn't notice it. The buff tracker doesnt work though, from watching the stream I can notice a small buff icon in the top right hand of my screen with no duration timer on it, I'm guessing that is the ring.

I need to sort something so that it comes up for me to see when others use it, I don't really usually like using weakauras but I suppose I don't have much choice now.. I usually like to keep everything centred and have all buffs above my character panel, all debuffs above the target panel and boss timers in the middle.. This is fine when I press the ring, but it doesn't show when others do it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

so any funny synergies with blooodbath overlapping ring explosion? should be worth it, shouldnt it?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still generally favor an early dump over a late one, just to minimize outside factors
    Agreed, no point holding it until you get to work then finding out it's out of order.

Deleted
    Hey, i got a question. With 4pc are u still trying to spam MS or are u using WW again, now after the nerfs?

Quote Originally Posted by g4rwin View Post
    Hey, i got a question. With 4pc are u still trying to spam MS or are u using WW again, now after the nerfs?
    Still MS, fuck WW

Deleted
    On ST you don't really use arms but there are times where you are ST (Council and even kilrogg if you cleave off the add), in those cases if you are at ~80 rage you will want to use WW a couple of times just make sure to not use too much rage in case MS does reset. On 2+ targets you can spam MS all the time and not feel bad though on 2 targets sometimes weaving in a WW can be good since you might not get a reset.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    so any funny synergies with blooodbath overlapping ring explosion? should be worth it, shouldnt it?
    Haven't considered that, however my guess would be that it would not work seeing as BB is on "ability use."

As an example I believe it doesn't work with the EDH fel burn dot.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Read my post on the page before this one.

In further proof of "Arms current design is ass," Arms gains about 4% damage single target in Simcraft by changing thresholds for TC&WW to 90 rage, even without any set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Agreed, no point holding it until you get to work then finding out it's out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealist View Post
    In further proof of "Arms current design is ass," Arms gains about 4% damage single target in Simcraft by changing thresholds for TC&WW to 90 rage, even without any set bonus.
    Yeah I forgot about TC, it's actually worth using again for Arms ST (by the smallest margin) because of WW being forced back into the rotation, but it should be remembered that WW and TC are near inconsequential sources of damage, and you could play the spec without either completely and still do similar DPS.

Yeah I forgot about TC, it's actually worth using again for Arms ST (by the smallest margin) because of WW being forced back into the rotation, but it should be remembered that WW and TC are near inconsequential sources of damage, and you could play the spec without either completely and still do similar DPS.
    Hey remember during beta when the same was true of ignoring Mortal Strike?

It's almost as though having abilities with no differentiation besides damage dealt is really dumb.

FYI,

The "nerf" that was on the latest ptr build notes is a mistake.. still remained as 33% instead of 25%

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...631?page=9#169

thanks, i was about to rage, but still man, 33% for a 4p feels so underwhelming...

Quote Originally Posted by Secondwind View Post
    Hey remember during beta when the same was true of ignoring Mortal Strike?

It's almost as though having abilities with no differentiation besides damage dealt is really dumb.
    No actually, I don't remember a time at all during Beta (or Alpha) in which you ignored Mortal Strike. I'm not sure what beta you were playing in. During beta it hit like a freight truck.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    No actually, I don't remember a time at all during Beta (or Alpha) in which you ignored Mortal Strike. I'm not sure what beta you were playing in. During beta it hit like a freight truck.
    You're right, I remember back in beta when Slam was significantly more important than MS (though that stayed true until WotLK) however I don't recall ever ignoring MS and I played arms from beta to WoD.

There was one iteration, where you could drop MS and be like 95% optimal. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember that being a thing for some short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    There was one iteration, where you could drop MS and be like 95% optimal. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember that being a thing for some short period of time.
    Right, it was during a build where mastery wasn't even top stat in value on single target (it was like 2nd or 3rd), MS was hitting for ~215% base, and WW was hitting for 220% base. So you avoided as much mastery as you could and spammed whirlwind exclusively, and did really comparable damage to playing as intended. After a lot of fuss was raised, the response was buffing mastery and nerfing whirlwind which ended that discussion. But it totally was a thing for a week or two. I think there was even a build or two in between where nothing was touched.