Graphic bug in Dota 2

Hi!

Don't know if this is the right forum to post in (please re-direct me if so).

So I built my new pc recently and installed Dota 2 and wanted to see how it performs.
    I have a Radeon R9 280 with the latest drivers installed.

What I'm getting ingame is really weird (see picture). It occurs on basically the whole map, expect som random spots here and there.

Any tips to solve the problem?

PS: I don't know how to re-size the picture

Last edited by Longview; 2014-10-11 at 01:47 AM.

I had something similar with another game, for me it ended up being RAM related. Try re-seating and/or moving to different slots, or you could try only putting one RAM stick in at a time and see if it still occurs & that would help you work out which is causing it.

Also make sure your motherboard has your ram speed correct if it's faster than 1333mhz - Just set it in the bios to use the XMP profile that comes on the ram.

Swap settings in ATI tool from fast performance to quality and vice versa and see how it goes.

Is it new PC from scratch?

It looks like memory buffer problem due to some setting but it can be many various things...

Install directX
    Install microsoft .NET

I looked on YouTube for similar problems and found a solution that worked.

I went to consolo and wrote: gl_clear 0

Worked first time, but when I entered the game again it was like before

I'll try see if I have the latest DirectX and microsoft.Net, otherwise I'll go check my memory sticks.
    Last edited by TheWhiteFang; 2014-10-11 at 08:04 PM.

Did you make a fresh system instalation or the HDD is from previous PC? If so - there goes your solution. Swaping parts - format your system partition.

That your windows loads normall after swaping hardware is most often 'miracle', but expect a lot of glitches ahead if you didnt get a fresh windows install.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcereria View Post
    Did you make a fresh system instalation or the HDD is from previous PC? If so - there goes your solution. Swaping parts - format your system partition.

That your windows loads normall after swaping hardware is most often 'miracle', but expect a lot of glitches ahead if you didnt get a fresh windows install.
    Installed the game on a complete new harddrive on a freshly installed Windows from scratch.

Than I'd mostly consider a hardware issue however first check if you installed (usually) both drivers to motherboard first and just to be sure I'd go with 2nd windows installation just to prove its not a software issue, and if it - coused by malfunctioned hardware like memoery sticks quite often.

Try to install windows with only 1 memory stick put. Just to be safe and not repeat this step in case memoery is making errors here and there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteFang View Post
    I looked on YouTube for similar problems and found a solution that worked.

I went to consolo and wrote: gl_clear 0

Worked first time, but when I entered the game again it was like before

I'll try see if I have the latest DirectX and microsoft.Net, otherwise I'll go check my memory sticks.
    Do you mean it worked only the first time or that when you restarted the game, it was back, but when you use it again the problem disappears? Sorry if it is a stupid question, just wanted to clear that up.

If it works everytime you start the game, just put the gl_clear 0 command into autoexec.cfg in your dota 2/dota/cfg folder in steamapps or create it if you don't have it there. It might be just a temporary fix, but there is also a chance it's just problem with dota 2 client itself.

Same shit used to happen to me in Skyrim. Had something to do with lighting and "a-something* filtering".

*no idea what's it actually called, just know it starts with a
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I saw this kind of bug before at a LAN party and we didn't know what caused it.

why I dont know i would reinstall Dota and your video drivers