Poll: Do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Full time job/kids/family life.

Shits busy yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I gotta go", that's another one. Society has gone to the shitter.

10+ Year Old Account

nuff said
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I told the bitch she has only 1 minute to live and then I shot her. I lied about the time.

It depends, if i sort of like that person as a human I will lie. If I don't I'll tell them i'd rather sit at home in my underwear drinking 2 dollar wine in the dark with my cat, than go anywhere with them.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by geekx View Post
    Do you lie about not having time or do you really not have time?
    I would love to answer you but I just don't have the time right now.

I generally don't like the "I don't have any time" excuse. It's really just a euphemism for, "I have other things I'd rather do", which is fine, but just be clear about it.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put in a fair bit of effort when trying to keep in contact with friends. That being said, I simply have the time to see them. I'm the last single person in my group, so I'm fairly free these days.

Deleted
    I used to do that.. but why lie? It's much easier to just call rain check and tell I have other plans. I don't usually specify what they are but they often involve sitting and staring at a screen

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I generally don't like the "I don't have any time" excuse. It's really just a euphemism for, "I have other things I'd rather do", which is fine, but just be clear about it.
    Of course it is in many cases, and a lot of people know that. But personally, I oftentimes simply prefer to use some euphemisms as they still bring the message along, but in a bit nicer way.

Deleted
    Do you lie about not having time or do you really not have time?
    I have friends that i allmost allways have time for and friends that i care very much about but whom i sometimes cant quite handle.

As thus i sometimes use the argument that i have no time. But to me its just a gentle way of letting someone down.

Its better then saying, "sorry mate, but you are a bit to much sometimes, and i'm not feeling up to you today".

Deleted
    I only use the phrase "I do not have the time" when I do not have time. If I do not want to do it I just say it. There is no reason to lie about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I only use the phrase "I do not have the time" when I do not have time. If I do not want to do it I just say it. There is no reason to lie about it.
    Well this isnt true for everyone. I dont allways want to explain why i dont want to be together

Depends what "it" is. Putting on a new roof for someone? I don't want to do that. Going to the store to pick up some prescription medicine once in a while? Okay. I think you should help people when they are seriously in need, but you don't have to adopt them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread came about when all my friends decided they don't have time for games, when i know only 1 of them really doesn't have time for them.

Also my brother in law always says he doesn't have time for new movies/tv shows/games and watches the same game i just suggested to him on YouTube or a twitch stream of hearthstone.

I hate the way people use this phrase and its very popular in the MMO community too nowadays.

You have the time you just don't want to do it or suck at time management, unless you really don't have time.
    Last edited by geekx; 2014-10-11 at 07:01 PM.

The poll is a bit stupid. I use it as an excuse not because I poorly manage my time but simply because I don't want to do something but I don't want to offend someone.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i work full time in computer security. this means 90% of the time im in "put out fire" hustle mode. the remaining time is spent on me and no1 else.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Well this isnt true for everyone. I dont allways want to explain why i dont want to be together
    You do not have to lie. Just say "I don't want to spend time with you right now".

If I say that to a friend they understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread came about when all my friends decided they don't have time for games, when i know only 1 of them really doesn't have time for them.

Also my brother in law always says he doesn't have time for new movies/tv shows/games and watches the same game i just suggested to him on YouTube or a twitch stream of hearthstone.

I hate the way people use this phrase and its very popular in the MMO community too nowadays.

You have the time you just don't want to do it or suck at time management, unless you really don't have time.
    Some people turn into miserable buggers when they reach a certain age and decide that's the path they are going to take for the rest of their lives and no one is going to change it. They have no time doing things others may find enjoyable and rather sit in front of their iPads playing mind numbing games all day on the easiest settings because that's the only way they can get the feeling of winning.