Deleted

Remove fabric OC Geforce GTX 560 Ti OC

My GPU is gigabyte geforce GTX 560 ti oc. WoW, and other games crashes randomly, it freezes or partly freezes and the sound gets choppy and I have to reboot the computer with the powerbutton. I have heard that the fabric overclocking can be the cause of this. I have re installed the computer several times (not for this cause though) and it still exists.

I downloaded MSI afterburner, and how do I remove the fabric OC? How much should I reduce the core clock(?) with? and do I need to touch any other options?

I think the core clock is 900 MHz now.
    Last edited by mmoc3f67c9dfe8; 2014-10-11 at 05:21 PM.

Is it only crashing in games? It might be something else, if you want to provide more information we could help you out. My bet is the power supply.

But on topic, down/underclocking a card to factory specs might not even be enough, sometimes lower is neccesary. Check nvidia website to check out what speed your card is.

I'm fairly certain you're meaning to say "factory overclock", but I digress.

Use MSI Afterburner and change these numbers to negative numbers. I suggest going in increments of 25 (i.e. start at -25, move to -50, then -75, etc) to see if the freezes go away. I wouldn't go much further than a couple hundred maximum or you'll start to see tearing and artifacting.

But before you do that I'd try updating your graphics driver from NVIDIA's website.

If neither things work your GPU may be faulty or your power supply may be inadequate or poor quality.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-10-11 at 06:32 PM.