Page 82 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just so this is all in one place, here are the BiS lists for a defensive setup and DPS setup both with and without 725 dungeon gear.

BiS for a defensive Crit>Mastery build (I'm not including 4-piece for this. If you need/want 4-piece you'll have to equip tier helm/shoulders/legs/gloves:

Head: Faceguard of Iron Wrath
    Neck: World Ender's Gorget
    Shoulders: Doomcrier's Shoulderplates
    Cloak: Void Lord's Wizened Cloak
    Chest: Stamped Felsteel Chestplate
    Bracers: Wristplate of the Wretched
    Gloves: Crimson Throatgrabbers
    Waist: Annihilan's Waistplate
    Legs: Legplates of Iron Wrath
    Boots: Cruel Hope Crushers
    Ring: Mannoroth's Calcified Eye
    Weapon: Felstricken Sha'tari Crystalsword
    Shield: Smoldercore Bulwark

With 725 dungeon gear (differences in bold):

Head: Faceguard of Iron Wrath
    Chest: Gutcrusher Chestplate
    Bracers: Wristplate of the Wretched
    Gloves: Crimson Throatgrabbers
    Legs: Legplates of Iron Wrath
    Boots: Cruel Hope Crushers
    Ring: Mannoroth's Calcified Eye
    Weapon: Felstricken Sha'tari Crystalsword
    Shield: Draconian Doomshield

Getting Warforged pieces from HFC is far more likely and will be better than almost all of the Mythic dungeon gear. Taking Warforged into account, only the Draconian Doomshield from the above list is actually better than the HFC gear from the original list. So the only dungeon worth running every week is UBRS for the shield.

BiS list for a pure DPS build:

Head: Casque of Foul Concentration
    Chest: Breastplate of Iron Wrath
    Wrists: Wristplate of the Wretched (better than Breach-Scarred Wristplates because the haste on those is wasted as you're already hitting 12.5%)
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Derision
    Legs: Legguards of Grievous Consonances
    Feet: Treads of the Defiler
    Ring: Zakuun's Signet of Command
    Weapon: Fiendsbreath Warmace
    Shield: Fallen Defender of Argus
    Trinket 1: Empty Drinking Horn
    Trinket 2: Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork/Unending Hunger

With 725 dungeon gear (differences in bold):

Head: Goldsteel Greathelm
    Chest: Breastplate of Iron Wrath
    Wrists: Wristplate of the Wretched
    Gloves: Gauntlets of Derision
    Legs: Legguards of Grievous Consonances
    Feet: Treads of the Defiler
    Ring: Zakuun's Signet of Command
    Weapon: Fiendsbreath Warmace
    Shield: Fallen Defender of Argus
    Trinket 1: Empty Drinking Horn
    Trinket 2: Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork/Unending Hunger

So yea, just the helm, and it's a difference of about ~30 DPS... Of course, getting a Warforged Casque of Foul Concentration is much more likely and is going to be better.

For anyone that's interested, here's the DPS, TMI, and DTPS differences between the two builds:

Last edited by Marok; 2015-11-21 at 10:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey fellow tank warriors, little question here for some clarity:

721 Annihilan's Waistplate (heroic warforged)
    or
    720 Girdle of Savage Resolve (mythic + socket)?

GoSR would give more mastery but I'd lose crit in favor of versatility. Which one would you keep and upgrade? They're so close to each other.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2015-11-21 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    Hey fellow tank warriors, little question here for some clarity:

721 Annihilan's Waistplate (heroic warforged)
    or
    720 Girdle of Savage Resolve (mythic + socket)?

GoSR would give more mastery but I'd lose crit in favor of versatility. Which one would you keep and upgrade? They're so close to each other.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
    I ran a quick sim and both belts are basically identical in terms of DPS and defensive value, with Girdle of Savage Resolve barely pulling ahead. Which makes sense because sockets are usually more valuable than WF.

So is Mastery>Crit completely off the table at this point?

Mastery has been worse than crit in most situations this entire expac. The thing that has kept a lot of people attached to mastery (myself included for a long time) was that it's a feel-good stat. You feel better with higher mastery. You notice those crit blocks more easily than you notice 10 extra rage on most of your Sbar's or the more frequent revenge chains you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylunaria View Post
    Mastery has been worse than crit in most situations this entire expac.
    uwotm8. Mastery was leagues better defensively in BRF because of the 2 and 4 set, and was better for the harder fights maidens/blackhand etc and from memory majority of warriors used mastery gems/enchants in highmaul.

From what I recall, mastery did well in hm/brf with accurate boss modeling, whereas just the default boss sim showed crit ahead but wasn't terribly realistic. That and brf tier bonuses were all mastery-favorable.

There is definitely also a feel-good element as Cylunaria said. Mastery certainly increases smoothness and is noticeable, especially at lower gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybrus View Post
    So is Mastery>Crit completely off the table at this point?
    Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you on that. I'll see if I can make a list when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean94 View Post
    uwotm8. Mastery was leagues better defensively in BRF because of the 2 and 4 set, and was better for the harder fights maidens/blackhand etc and from memory majority of warriors used mastery gems/enchants in highmaul.
    With 2&4set yes mastery was definitely ahead. My mistake for not including that in the thought process, and I was still going for it in gems/enchants as well back then. Excluding 2&4 set or adding in higher amounts of unblockable damage crit has always been better (Though we more looked at Vers back then as our secondary stat defensively since we had decent itemization for it in some places compared to HFC where we have so many options for Crit/Mastery). I was always of the feeling that we needed to gear ourselves more during our shield block downtime or for unblockable damage though since those are the areas where you are more likely to die.

Deleted
    Hi guys, we are progressing on mythic xhul at the moment and I'm having trouble finding the right trinkets. What I used so far: WBR + Anzu or WBR + Sigil

edit: im tanking the green add

Quote Originally Posted by Unsafe View Post
    Hi guys, we are progressing on mythic xhul at the moment and I'm having trouble finding the right trinkets. What I used so far: WBR + Anzu or WBR + Sigil

edit: im tanking the green add

I went w/ wbr and anzu and had no issues. Just walled one flurry/fel strike combo and 4pc with the absorb pot for the other flurry/strike combo. I've never been a fan of stam so ill always go against sigil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tummyrubs View Post
    I went w/ wbr and anzu and had no issues. Just walled one flurry/fel strike combo and 4pc with the absorb pot for the other flurry/strike combo. I've never been a fan of stam so ill always go against sigil.
    Only thing might be WUE instead of Anzus, the healing it does on that fight is mental

Deleted
    Thx for the replies, unfortunately I don't have access to mythic WUE because I haven't seen it drop once in 8+ kills

Has anyone used the DPS heirloom trinket on a demon boss in hfc yet?

Edit: If so, please link logs
    Last edited by Dean94; 2015-11-25 at 08:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean94 View Post
    Has anyone used the DPS heirloom trinket on a demon boss in hfc yet?

Edit: If so, please link logs
    I am actually going to try tonight. I'll post here after raid with my results.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

Deleted
    I doubt it will be able to compete with an upgraded EDH or a UH but it won't be bad if you are using heroic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=201405

Granted it was only normal, but we have it on farm for the ring upgrade. Proc'd 8 times is all, but I could tell a slight difference in the increase in DPS. I normally run heroic Anzu and mythic BFD.
    "Don't be a dick, be a dude."
    my warrior
    [ twitter| twitch]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marok View Post
    I used the heirloom trinket on Mythic Manno last night, here are the logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9
    3 uses of the trinket and it was the majority of your self-heals/absorbs? That seems pretty handy. Were you doing anything nonstandard during the fight?