Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well its not to be disrespectful, but it would help to move on out of the past.

It seems like NA's are doing much better for themselves now, at least compared to 10 years ago. College enrollments of NA's are up significantly as are incomes. There is a way to go, but there is hope.
    Can't look to the future or enjoy today, if dwelling too much on the past. Wise words for all of us.

I know I'm doing better than 10 years ago, but my rez is in Canada, so I don't get "status" here for college benefits in the states. As a people, we are still under represented in places we should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well unless y'all invent a time machine there's little point explaining everything everybody knows 100x

YOU TOOK OUR LAND

We know, sorry?

BOO WHITE MAN
    lol Taking it back. One horse at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't miss all the nutters in the military. Some truelly deranged and weird people make it passed the screening. You seriously thought by joining you would be able to find out all the secrets and about aliens? Insane.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Don't even bother, he/she is full of it.

I had a TS clearance at one point, and he/she would have been found out almost instantly upon investigation.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd argue that the vast majority of NASA employee's don't even have clearances.
    You might be right, but most I've dealt with have them on principal. I know quite a few people with S that don't ever even use it. Condition of the job, really. Mine required one, and I didn't use it for almost a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    You might be right, but most I've dealt with have them on principal. I know quite a few people with S that don't ever even use it. Condition of the job, really. Mine required one, and I didn't use it for almost a year.
    My MOS wanted you to have a S clearance because of the various pieces of sensitive equipment that is on the aircraft I.E countermeasures.

Secret clearance is fucking easy to get. Had I decided to work for G. Dynamics I'd have to have waited like 3-6mo. to start for top secret

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    The best ones I hear often is "I would be wasted on the front lines, I would be better as a General doing the strategies", like getting gold in Starcraft 2 makes them a tactical genius or something.
    A few of us have done things like that. Not in the sarcastic sense you show there, it was more of a "I've got a bad spine, and they wouldn't accept me if I tried, so I'm gonna go do military science-y stuff."

Worked out pretty well, tbh.

I'm not in the service myself, but my grandfather(Vietnam) Uncle(Desert Storm nearly killed, airman shot down over restricted airspace over Iraq) and Great Grandparents(WWII) Cousins in service during Iraq and I have to say that I respect for the time, hard work, lives and discipline they have put into garners alot of respect from me. But yes deep down they are normal citizens like you and I. Here in the U.S we have a couple of holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Veterans day ect) dedicated to service men and women aswell as Veterans and including our 70th anniversary of D-Day which is awesome.

It really depends on what they went to war for. Could be money to pay for college and their family, could be a deep-seated desire to protect others, or they might just be a psycho who wanted to kill some people of a different skin color. Until I know, I try not to make judgements about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.